Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Timo, you should try putting all the photos in a folder and run as a slideshow. It's a cool effect to see the before and after. It might help you decide which decals you want to use and which ones you don't. For a long time while I was waiting for ED, I was thinking about detailing it to make it look strictly like an animation model only. But now that I have in sitting in front of me, and I've learned how many decal images there are, I prefer to mix animation model with life-size prop into one. Some of the original decals are just too nice looking not to have on it. The animation model was kind of naked compared to the life-size prop, regarding decals.
I sent the images to the printer one hour ago; I should have them in about a week.

I think that sounds great. Will you have enough space on the bottom to put Robocop there?

It would fit RoboCop, yeah on the bottom level.
But I am only doing the straight stairs, so it won't turn like in the movie, because if I do that, this base would be really tall and wide. People need to have a huge space to display it.

Did anyone else get this line on the dome?

2cr7huu.jpg

Makes me feel better I'm not alone in this.

Doesn't seem to be as significant as mine, but it's definitely there.
I'm sitting here about 8-10ft from my display cabinet and I can see it
I had a hard time getting it to show on camera
It almost looks like the dome as put on with multiple pieces, and we are seeing the corner piece seam

I'm sitting here about 8-10ft from my display cabinet and I can see it
I had a hard time getting it to show on camera
It almost looks like the dome as put on with multiple pieces, and we are seeing the corner piece seam

Yeah I was considering that too. It's matter me feel less upset over it since I wasn't the only one.

By the way, what's up with the leaky oil looking stuff around some of the leg screws? I've seen multiple Eds had that, was that in the film?

Yeah I was considering that too. It's matter me feel less upset over it since I wasn't the only one.

By the way, what's up with the leaky oil looking stuff around some of the leg screws? I've seen multiple Eds had that, was that in the film?
It's there on the movie prop but was done a bit more subtle. On the HT version it looks pretty bad, as if they're stickers tacked on. It's too sharp, it should look like it's airbrushed on and more natural. They also added way too many of them. Wasn't so prominent on the movie models.

ed209-23.jpg

rM06GrM.jpg

4OWK1JL.jpg

ed-209-dimension-question-fred-209.jpg-51875d1304043390

ed2.jpg

I think you should change what it says in case it is still legible.
HAHAAAA, you're the first person who noticed. Don't worry, it's going to be WAY too small. I viewed it at actual size. that decal is 12mm wide x 8.5mm tall, and the text is 0.3mm tall. Even with a magnifying glass, I think the high-res printing process won't produce legible text at that size.

HAHAAAA, you're the first person who noticed. Don't worry, it's going to be WAY too small. I viewed it at actual size. that decal is 12mm wide x 8.5mm tall, and the text is 0.3mm tall. Even with a magnifying glass, I think the high-res printing process won't produce legible text at that size.

:lol Tha ****?!! Only reason I didn't comment is because I assumed I'd have been the tenth person to do so!

Back