Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Timo, you should try putting all the photos in a folder and run as a slideshow. It's a cool effect to see the before and after. It might help you decide which decals you want to use and which ones you don't. For a long time while I was waiting for ED, I was thinking about detailing it to make it look strictly like an animation model only. But now that I have in sitting in front of me, and I've learned how many decal images there are, I prefer to mix animation model with life-size prop into one. Some of the original decals are just too nice looking not to have on it. The animation model was kind of naked compared to the life-size prop, regarding decals.
I sent the images to the printer one hour ago; I should have them in about a week.

Great, can´t wait for the outcome.
Are you gonna chance the message from "from alpha centauri with herpes", to anything...more...dunno...security...bot-like?!
Even if we´re practically be unable to read anything, it´s good to know that it just says something...appropriate.

:lol

I just completely re-typed the text in this decal, to match as closely as possible what is seen in the film. A few letters are unclear, but it's extremely close. The thing is, it's all nonsense. I can tell it's just random letters strung together; it's not any language at all. But, in the interest of accuracy and making my customers happy, I fixed it. The albinos are cured.
Here's a comparison shot:
TOP: decal from the life-size prop.
BOTTOM: my new update on the decal page.
(I sent the changed file to the printer as an update, instructing him to delete the previous version.)
vlcsnap-2014-04-25-12h35m01s58.jpg

I just completely re-typed the text in this decal, to match as closely as possible what is seen in the film. A few letters are unclear, but it's extremely close. The thing is, it's all nonsense. I can tell it's just random letters strung together; it's not any language at all. But, in the interest of accuracy and making my customers happy, I fixed it. The albinos are cured.
(I sent the changed file to the printer as an update, instructing him to delete the previous version.)
View attachment 108522

Your decals are fantastic man! I want a set when you sell them.

View attachment 108522

I think it reads "L?syo tolou d?po q?to svcl Bryo..." The rest seems correct, though it's pretty much indecipherable as it gets to the RHS.

Czpo is not right. The C is a lower case "d".

It's there on the movie prop but was done a bit more subtle. On the HT version it looks pretty bad, as if they're stickers tacked on. It's too sharp, it should look like it's airbrushed on and more natural. They also added way too many of them. Wasn't so prominent on the movie models.

ed209-23.jpg

rM06GrM.jpg

4OWK1JL.jpg

ed-209-dimension-question-fred-209.jpg-51875d1304043390

ed2.jpg

Wow no kidding, they really gucked it up way too much.

Hey Guys....Did a review vid on this bad boy. I also have that line on the left side of the dome. I discuss that and show it in my vid but I think it appears on all of them. It might be that the dome was in 2 parts and that's where they connected it together? Possibly to prevent the cracking problems like the first time? Anyway hope you like the review.

Oh and by the way..I also wanted to mention that I also do say in the vid itself...that I think the voice sounds a little off because it is being said by an Asian speaking English but having an accent. If they needed a voice over due to not having the rights or whatever the reason, since Hot Toys is in China it might have been someone from there that did that voice recording for the figure.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

so, to all who owned the previous ED, how does this rubber dome stack up against the old one? it still feels like its gonna corrode and rip soon to me, already considering the fabric replacement route. anyone care to share the quality compared to the original?

so, to all who owned the previous ED, how does this rubber dome stack up against the old one? it still feels like its gonna corrode and rip soon to me, already considering the fabric replacement route. anyone care to share the quality compared to the original?

I was surprised as well that they still went the rubber route but again I hope like the Dark Knight leaky suit issues, they corrected the problem with this newer release. Also like I mentioned in my review vid..I'm thinking that line we see on the one side has something to do with the way they glued it down differently in hopes to improve that situation.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So my 2 and 4 year old sons are in love with the figure. I have only showed them the beginning of the boardroom scene, right up just before Kenny aims at ED. They think he's awesome.

So we're eating dinner and they won't eat. I tell them I am ED-209 and that I won't be happy unless they start eating. They eat one of the better meals in the longest time. :LOL

My 4-year old asked if ED-209 could guard his room door tonight while he sleeps.

Love it!

So my 2 and 4 year old sons are in love with the figure. I have only showed them the beginning of the boardroom scene, right up just before Kenny aims at ED. They think he's awesome.

So we're eating dinner and they won't eat. I tell them I am ED-209 and that I won't be happy unless they start eating. They eat one of the better meals in the longest time. :LOL

My 4-year old asked if ED-209 could guard his room door tonight while he sleeps.

Love it!

Awesome!

Love it!
That's awesome, show them what he does to Kenny and report back

Jk

Back