Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone encounter loose joints on this figure? At the elbows to be precise? How do I rectify this? I have an opportunity to buy this figure at a good price but it comes with this loose joint condition.

Think that's what he's saying. Ball joints can sometimes be tightened-up by using something to increase the resistance of the ball in the socket (e.g., clear nail polish), but there's no way to get something like that into an elbow or knee joint cleanly. Buy the figure if you can accept the loose joints only.

Yeh, they're not going to be easily fixed if at all.

Plus it's not a common problem with the figure. Pay a bit more if you have to to get a typical example - which is one with tight joints.

Between the two and if you only want one representation, I'd definitely get the original. I love the WM MK II (I have the original) and the AoU version is also really nice (I go back and forth on which paint scheme I prefer), but if I had to sell one of them, it'd be the MK II w/o hesitation. MK II has a very nice finish, articulation and weight but MK I's design just overwhelms those attributes.

Between the two and if you only want one representation, I'd definitely get the original. I love the WM MK II (I have the original) and the AoU version is also really nice (I go back and forth on which paint scheme I prefer), but if I had to sell one of them, it'd be the MK II w/o hesitation. MK II has a very nice finish, articulation and weight but MK I's design just overwhelms those attributes.

:exactly::goodpost:

Is $290 a good price for a MISB piece?

I'd be a bit wary at this point of MISB for this figure now it's getting long in the tooth. There's a good chance the el cheapo batteries HT used have sharted themselves all over the inside of the figure, and if they have, esp in sealed conditions, expect damage to the exterior finish.

I'd be a bit wary at this point of MISB for this figure now it's getting long in the tooth. There's a good chance the el cheapo batteries HT used have sharted themselves all over the inside of the figure, and if they have, esp in sealed conditions, expect damage to the exterior finish.
Very good point.
It might be worth paying a little more for one that the owner can guarantee that everything is fine and all lights working.

image.jpg

Yeah I'm looking for one because mine has some issues and it came that way. The guy I bought mine from said it had a minor short in the lights and sold it cheapish. Turns out it must have been sitting in water for months. Hurricane or flood is my guess. It's got all kinds of issues. The lights wouldn't work when I got it but I didn't have time to mess with it. Put it back in the box and forgot about it. After I got my mk2 whiplash I busted it out and wow. Mold. The trays and instructions and in the battery compartments. The contacts are rusted. The lights and lenses are warped. And it's been in climate control since I got it. Had to still have had water in the figure body. So..gotta find another one. I'm tearing this one down to See if any of it is salvageable for displays or dioramas or hoa. But I doubt it. Oh well.

So if anyone knows of any for sale cheap let me know please.

That sucks. Thought I saw one in the F/s section today or yesterday. Lots of people selling the old IMs off lately to keep up with AOU. I'd put it in an acrylic case and sink it in water. :lol

Yea I message someone on here about one a day or two ago. But thanks for the heads up. His price isn't to bad 300ish. I'm looking around for a bit first to see what the market is on these. If I can find it cheaper that would be great. I've got so many already (hot toys in general) and so many on PO that anywhere I can save a decent amount is nice. Lol

Yeah I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this guy once I get him cleaned up, if he cleans up at all. I thought about doing an acrylic/plexiglass table top pour with him in it. Working on a coffee table anyway so that would make a cool top. Just depends how he cleans up I guess.

If you weren't aware of this site (Price guide of every single release and it's always up to date), it's worth bookmarking for future reference: Movie Masterpiece Series - Hot Toys Collectors Price Guide - CollectHT.com

Has WM at ~$370 now so I'd wager $300 even is good deal, been awhile since he's dipped in the $200's. You could always make a custom out of it if it's really damaged, did that with one of mine I bought used and beat up that turned out great. You doing a coffee table display case mod? Seen a bunch here that turned out awesome.

Back