Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SO BOUGHT!!! why people thought this was going to be $500+ is hilarious! I expect this for Vader though, and i will order that. So far have every HT SW on PO! Wallet is killing me but other lines have been sacrificed.

What, it's not $500+? Pffft, $470's a steal! :slap

Damn, that's new... :lol :duff

You ol' horndog. :lol

Yeah, I get that side by side Batman comes with a lot more... but he also PO'd quite a long time ago and is already out and sold out. If that Batman were released today I'm sure he'd be more... similar to how Sideshow now wants $240 for the bare bones X-Wing Luke, but the loaded Hoth (also with 3 heads) was only $220.

Exactly. So this being $470 now doesn't mean there was no price increase. As you pointed out, if Batman came out today it would have cost much higher, then it's safe to say that if Boba came out earlier it wouldn't be $470.

Or not. Who are we kidding. Hot Toys. Star Wars. :lol

Well, I'm very excited for this figure. I haven't been on in a few days, so I was VERY surprised!

As far as accuracy, it looks terrific! I love that Hot Toys has finally managed to get the helmet's overall proportions correct. Medicom and Marmit had very good size/shape, but they weren't perfect. And Sideshow's helmet is just poor. Hot Toys' version isn't quite perfect (the rangefinder side), but it's the best to date. The paint application looks stellar!

I don't care for the sculpting of the hands (they do look a little under-detailed), and the greenish color is not accurate.
And I'm really trying to figure out what DiFabio meant about the missing flamethrower tube?

The only glaring problem I see is the detail work on the crown of the helmet. The most characteristic detail on the RotJ helmet is the 'drip.' I'm bummed that it didn't make it to the figure, but maybe they'll update it between now and release.

Boba-Fett_61fdadfd.jpeg

10838279_10152475994647344_5657295855830576050_o.jpg

As far as the Exclusive item, the sidearm is a poor choice. He didn't have it in RotJ. What would have been a FAR better choice would have been an additional helmet painted in the ESB color scheme (since he DID wear that helmet in the Special Edition). That would've made a lot more sense (especially because so many fans prefer that helmet - I'm not one of them :)). I also wish that they would've included lights on the jetpack beacon and the chest - they could've (should've)

Anyways, I couldn't be more excited! It's going to be a loooooong wait!

Very surprised that they didn't include lights for the chest and jetpack, especially at 1:4 scale. Lights are so routine now in 1:6, one would think it'd be even easier on larger figures. Price is not too bad, though.

As far as the Exclusive item, the sidearm is a poor choice. He didn't have it in RotJ. What would have been a FAR better choice would have been an additional helmet painted in the ESB color scheme (since he DID wear that helmet in the Special Edition). That would've made a lot more sense (especially because so many fans prefer that helmet - I'm not one of them :)).

I think they are trying not to slap the new Boba ESB PF too hard in the face.

I had $51.00 in Rewards so..............I caved and ordered the EX. This will look strange next to EB Joker but WTF, Bobba is as Iconic as it gets. Now to rush off to make a 1:4 scale Sarlac :panic:

1:6 HT ROTJ Boba Fett is only a matter of time [...]

I should think so. The promo photos make this look like one of the best Star Wars action figures I've ever seen, nitpicks aside...but personally I have no desire to make a foray into 1/4; price, space, scaling with existing 1/6...I think this may be where I hit my personal limit. The only way I could see it is if I only had one or two pieces and nothing else in any scale; but that's just me. I cracked and got into 1/6 but this is too much even for me.

But instead of going on about how I'm not getting the piece being discussed in the thread I insist on posting in....LOL...this does make me think a Hot Toys 1/6 Fett would be killer and looking at the way the figure and suit hang together...I'm kind of awed by how good some of the upcoming Hot Toys offerings are likely to look. I'm sure they'll drop the ball on some but this is just nuts.

Im kinda hoping hot toys doesnt give us the middle finger and only produces empire boba in 1/6. That would be so cruel

Very surprised that they didn't include lights for the chest and jetpack, especially at 1:4 scale. Lights are so routine now in 1:6, one would think it'd be even easier on larger figures. Price is not too bad, though.
What in his chest lights up?

Totally screwed myself paying a $44 NRD on the PF statue from SS. I'll have to cancel it out and pay even more for this scale of figure.

Crap. I'm sure SS knew this was coming was why they wanted to capitalize on the NRD opportunity....

Last edited:
Back