Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not a doll? Oh yes, action figure. I'm not offended by the term "doll". I have more Star Wars dolls than anything else collectibles wise. None of them cost as much as this Boba. I wish I could, but I think the PF will be better and IMO the Mythos is definitely better.

Haha I am not denying that it is. I just notice that when prices are high people throw the doll word out in the wild.

Haha I am not denying that it is. I just notice that when prices are high people throw the doll word out in the wild.

Ah, yeah, I think you're right. It might be the coolest damned doll made, I still can't justify it. I commend people who do buy it. It shows a strong love and commitment to a favorite character.

So this is at least a year away, meaning a 1/6 Boba won't be announced for at least a year, probably more, Vader and Ben haven't been announced yet - so they're most likely going to be 2016 - and the inevitable Luke and Leia haven't even been shown yet. Then they'll have to debut some stuff from Episode 7 which not everyone will want. The OT releases are starting to look a little more spread out than we first thought.

So this is at least a year away, meaning a 1/6 Boba won't be announced for at least a year, probably more, Vader and Ben haven't been announced yet - so they're most likely going to be 2016 - and the inevitable Luke and Leia haven't even been shown yet. Then they'll have to debut some stuff from Episode 7 which not everyone will want. The OT releases are starting to look a little more spread out than we first thought.

Say huh? Hot Toys is releasing **** like a fat man at a Golden Corral. As the movie is coming out it's just going to keep coming.
I bet they will announce 1/6 Boba in march.

1/4 Batman and the DX 12 were less than a month apart when they were revealed.

In less than 2 months we've gotten Han, Chewie, Stormtrooper tall, short, black trooper, 1/4 Boba and soon Vader + Ben. That ain't spaced out and this year isn't even over yet.

Can anyone help with an answer please? I would like to know if anyone knows if Sideshow can pack out 1/4 figures? Has anyone ordered the 1/4 scale Endo or Batman and had it packed out (or perhaps a premium format status)?

I would like to PO the Ex. Boba but would prefer for the item to be double boxed when shipped out to me. Thanks.

Can anyone help with an answer please? I would like to know if anyone knows if Sideshow can pack out 1/4 figures? Has anyone ordered the 1/4 scale Endo or Batman and had it packed out (or perhaps a premium format status)?

I would like to PO the Ex. Boba but would prefer for the item to be double boxed when shipped out to me. Thanks.
Why don't you call and ask them?

So this is at least a year away, meaning a 1/6 Boba won't be announced for at least a year, probably more,

This is what bugs me as well. I wanted a 1/6 ROTJ Boba for my Jabba set-up. Having this in 1/4 means it's unlikely that it will arrive in 1/6 anytime soon. . . hopefully Jack Bauer has info that says otherwise. . . might save me $200.

Want :) would be nice to have a single figure taking two spaces in a detolf with 1/6 below,I have that with my ht t800 endo, would mean downsizing but could lead to much cleaner display. Figure looks awesome

No they won't do a packout on larger items. That's why i ordered the Stormtrooper and Han/Chewie 2 packs from BBTS. I contacted them through their help page on FB in October. Here is the conversation.

Why are you unable to do packouts on statues? The reason i have been given is you don't have any boxes big enough! Seems like a terrible excuse. If you spend $400 on something is it too much to ask for it to be put in a larger box, considering you charge $10 for that service anyway? Some of us like mint art boxes and other Sideshow resellers like BBTS do it for free but of course they don't have the exclusives. I've seen videos of the hard work your art department puts in when designing those cool boxes. I don't think it's too much to ask, especially when we are paying for the service.

Hi Matt - great question. One of the primary reasons why we are unable to pack out 1:4 scale statues has to do with shipping charges. We do our best to pass along discounted shipping rates to our customers and if we attempted to pack out items the dimensions even if changed slightly do have a significant impact on the shipping cost. With that said the $10 pack out that we do offer on smaller items would have to go up dramatically. Hope this helps but if you have any other questions please let me know.

It's not just 1:4. You refused to pack out my JSC Gwen and Spidey too which are 1:5. I honestly wouldn't mind if it was $10 for sixth scale and $20 for 1:4 (for example). Maybe something your shipping department might offer in future. Thanks for the reply.

Hey Matt - I understand that the 1:5 scale pieces were not packed out...the boxes are still in that size restricted area. You take the Mary Jane for example- if I am not mistaken we were able to pack that piece out. Trust me as a collector myself I understand the importance of the boxes but there are unfortunately limits to what we can do - thanks for the feedback! Let me know if you need anything else.

So there you have it. Maybe if enough people write in and ask this service will be made available in future.

P.S. Cool username! What grade is your copy? I have a CGC 8.5.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Not sure if it's the angle, but the wrist joint in the gun holding arm looks kinda wonky. Other than that it looks amazing

No they won't do a packout on larger items. That's why i ordered the Stormtrooper and Han/Chewie 2 packs from BBTS. I contacted them through their help page on FB in October. Here is the conversation.

Thank you very much Matt for your help. I was debating whether ordering the EX through Sideshow. Now that I know that they don't pack out then I guess I'll stick to my PO through BBTS where I know they will double box it. My UPS delivery guys here are so rough and careless with packages so I won't chance it.

By the way, my Hulk 181 copy is also an 8.5. I can vividly remember buying it at a comic shop for $16 back in 1982. I think I'm the only guy of about 4 in the world that actually liked his look back then.

Again, thanks for the info.

Back