Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how??????????

Google is king :D
https://www.melevsreef.com/29g/sump/design.html
I am going to follow the instructions from this link and make my own. I even got some free pieces and glues from the whole seller to practice with and likely going to use thicker panels but now will consider the thinner ones based on shaun's pictures. Shaun could you post close ups of the case and tell me your opinion whether the thickness of your current case is sufficient? I was initially planning on 1/4" since it's such a large box

I think most everyone will have the two rubs on the top where the styrofoam made contact. mine has them. on one you can make out the pattern of the plastic. HT should have put some plastic or tissue paper on the top of it for protection against the packaging.

overall I'm impressed. :google the hard part is figuring out where to put this thing.

I'll take a few pics tomorrow..:)

Mine came with the two rubs on top and thumbprints the size of Yao Ming's on both sides. Gotta figure out a way to rub those out or something. I haven't taken it completely out of the box to fully inspect, but it's something I'll need to do when I get home from work later.

Just got an email from Toys2 asking if they could open up my Tumbler to check for defects. Obviously they don't want to have to deal with international returns anymore than I do. Anyway I agreed. I mentioned the potential problems with the lights and also major scratching&scuff marks. I told them I'd accept what they deemed to be minor scratches. Now that I've just thought of it I think I'll send off another email asking if they'll put protective plastic between the top surface of the Tumbler and the packaging before they close it back up.

Wish I had known this before mine shipped. Saying that there really is no way to stop it really. As it went from Hong Kong to ForbiddenPlanet.com (London) then to eventually me. 3 long journeys.

I'm curious if you'll get away with customs, a-dev. Will be interesting to see the outcome with that. What I also can't work out or get over is how mine left before yours did. :s

I remember you saying to me how you couldn't wait with the length of time UK distributors take with these things.

Just got an email from Toys2 asking if they could open up my Tumbler to check for defects. Obviously they don't want to have to deal with international returns anymore than I do. Anyway I agreed. I mentioned the potential problems with the lights and also major scratching&scuff marks. I told them I'd accept what they deemed to be minor scratches. Now that I've just thought of it I think I'll send off another email asking if they'll put protective plastic between the top surface of the Tumbler and the packaging before they close it back up.

I'll take a look at yours when I drop by toys2 in a moment :)

Wish I had known this before mine shipped. Saying that there really is no way to stop it really. As it went from Hong Kong to ForbiddenPlanet.com (London) then to eventually me. 3 long journeys.

I'm curious if you'll get away with customs, a-dev. Will be interesting to see the outcome with that. What I also can't work out or get over is how mine left before yours did. :s

I remember you saying to me how you couldn't wait with the length of time UK distributors take with these things.

So far each time I dropped by toys2 (3-4 times since the arrival of my Tumbler) I always have seen new Tumblers. Their store is pretty small so maybe they purposely spread out the shipments to process

Hah, thats right. This is unusual to be sure. Well it won't be that much of a difference.

Very curious about customs too. If I get hit it'll be the first time ever they've halted something sent to me by Toys2. The batpod was the biggest to date and that got through fine. But theres surely only so much of a value markdown Toys2 could get away with on something of this epic size (if that has any bearing).

I'll take a look at yours when I drop by toys2 in a moment :)

Really? That'd be cool! Tell them Andrew or A-dev from Ireland says hello and that although I'm hoping mine won't have those big scuff marks on the top I may just have to deal with it since a lot of them seem to have this problem...and if they read my email about the protective plastic layer to put on top...oh and-:lol

I better leave it at that!

Really? That'd be cool! Tell them Andrew or A-dev from Ireland says hello and that although I'm hoping mine won't have those big scuff marks on the top I may just have to deal with it since a lot of them seem to have this problem...and if they read my email about the protective plastic layer to put on top...oh and-:lol

I better leave it at that!

I was going to bring mine and swap with yours if yours is better :lol
no worries I am sure Eric won't let me do that. I doubt he open it for me anyways if it is not on the table already but if I do see it I snap a few pics :)

Shaun could you post close ups of the case and tell me your opinion whether the thickness of your current case is sufficient? I was initially planning on 1/4" since it's such a large box

Hi Geil, there's bigger pix at my flickr set here. The thickness of the case is fine by me.

Ok, little bit change of direction here.

I have ordered another Tumbler through my lcs. And I am going to get this one painted in Cameo. Should be impressive on display IF I can get someone to do it to the same pattern as the cameo.

Ok, little bit change of direction here.

I have ordered another Tumbler through my lcs. And I am going to get this one painted in Cameo. Should be impressive on display IF I can get someone to do it to the same pattern as the cameo.

wow great idea

I just got mine from Toys2 this evening :wacky

All I can say is i'm very impressed. I opened it up to do a quick inspection and I didn't spot any paint issues. All I see is a great thing of beauty well worth the wait, unfortunately I have no where to display it so it'll stay in the box for a while.

I just got my Tumbler in today from DCBS! Man am I glad I took a chance on them! They shipped the whole darn thing to me ($5 for shipping) and all I paid for it was $298 and change. Now that's a deal!!! :D

wow great idea

Thanks! Now, if I can make the idea work into reality,:joy

I just got my Tumbler in today from DCBS! Man am I glad I took a chance on them! They shipped the whole darn thing to me ($5 for shipping) and all I paid for it was $298 and change. Now that's a deal!!! :D

Outstanding UTF! Did you check the moblie and it's condition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back