Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine today, and this thing is huuuuuuuge!!!! I'd seen all the pics online, of course, and I thought, "wow, that thing is big," but it's only when you actually get it in your hands that you realize just how ginormous it is.
I gotta say, though, there were a couple of disappointing bits. One of the front windows had come off, my wife fixed it with a little rubber cement, but still, for this much $$$, you shouldn't have to fix jack.
Also, when I was attaching one of the spoilers, one of the little pieces (I don't know what to call it) snapped. Nothing major, everything still fits into place, but it just makes the whole thing feel a little cheap, which is crazy, considering how much it cost.
What's funny is, with all that said, I still love it!!! Every time I look at it, it just blows my mind.
I mean, it's bigger than my dog, for pete's sake....

Alright I just opened and inspected my Tumbler. Everything is a-ok!!! I don't have anywhere to put it so it's going back in the box...for now. :monkey2

oh well no luck for me :( I didn't see your Tumbler so I didn't ask but I did drop your name and he is aware :)

Cool, thank you. Wish I could just pop into the store myself but alas. Maybe they won't do their Tumbler inspections during shop hours. I'm going to have to pack away a few things to make room for this. Most of my stuff has to be in boxes right now as I'm due to move out of the house while it undergoes extensive renovation but I know I'm not going to resist opening this thing when I get it.

mine will be here tomorrow before noon and I am pretty excited although I am pretty nervous as to how it will come. I guess only tomorrow will tell

mine will be here tomorrow before noon and I am pretty excited although I am pretty nervous as to how it will come. I guess only tomorrow will tell

Hopefully youll have better luck than most of us!

I got mine today, and this thing is huuuuuuuge!!!! I'd seen all the pics online, of course, and I thought, "wow, that thing is big," but it's only when you actually get it in your hands that you realize just how ginormous it is.
I gotta say, though, there were a couple of disappointing bits. One of the front windows had come off, my wife fixed it with a little rubber cement, but still, for this much $$$, you shouldn't have to fix jack.
Also, when I was attaching one of the spoilers, one of the little pieces (I don't know what to call it) snapped. Nothing major, everything still fits into place, but it just makes the whole thing feel a little cheap, which is crazy, considering how much it cost.
What's funny is, with all that said, I still love it!!! Every time I look at it, it just blows my mind.
I mean, it's bigger than my dog, for pete's sake....

I know exactly how you feel.

And IMO, the reason we love it so much is because when you finally step back and look at it, it does not look cheap, it looks like the real thing, especially when the lights are on. And for extra icing, pose the HT Dark Knight Batman.

Congrats man!

I got a minty one too! What do I get?! FOR FRIG SAKES, WHAT DO I GET?!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS. Do you need to high five each other just so you can feel better beyond having a mint unit? :google
So i guess I should be weeping :banghead
:emperor
:horror
:duh
:maul
:whip

Man guys got some fancy Smilies I just needed an exuse to use a bunch of them :monkey3

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS. Do you need to high five each other just so you can feel better beyond having a mint unit? :google

Man guys got some fancy Smilies I just needed an exuse to use a bunch of them :monkey3

You're right Geil, here are some for you there buddy. And as for Eli26, remember these are just for you, and that I want you to know I feel for you.

Here they are:

:violin:toilet_cl:crying

Ok, little bit change of direction here.

I have ordered another Tumbler through my lcs. And I am going to get this one painted in Cameo. Should be impressive on display IF I can get someone to do it to the same pattern as the cameo.

Haha, I was mostly just joking when I mentioned this idea a few pages back...but part of me secretly hoped someone would go for it!

If you do go through with it, you should display the black Tumbler with a HT OC Batman, and the camo Tumbler with a kit-bashed Bruce Wayne!

a fix for the tumbler packing problem ... i used foam with tape .... works great

View attachment 18431

View attachment 18432

View attachment 18433

mine came with no problems nut i wanted to make sure they did not start to hurt the paint

Great idea. Will do on my Tumblers. Especially after I get it painted Cameo.

Haha, I was mostly just joking when I mentioned this idea a few pages back...but part of me secretly hoped someone would go for it!

If you do go through with it, you should display the black Tumbler with a HT OC Batman, and the camo Tumbler with a kit-bashed Bruce Wayne!

I will. It is a matter of time and finding the right person to do it. I am not sure how they will paint plastic, but then again I am nowhere near an artist painter.

What I need first now is to get some accurate pics of the Cameo tumbler in the movie.

Any suggestions anyone?

:maul

HUG ME!!!!!!!!

Please. :sick

I haven't taken any of the polyethylene covers off yet (due to inspecting any marks) etc etc but where are the flaps that you have to mount?... it's not below the vehicle in the box, surely it can't be in the cockpit?...

Hot Toys are sneaky doing this, heh! They are in the top polystyrene lid in little compartments behind black cardboard drawers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back