Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, glad you ordered one his velvet capes. Just check out these pics and see what you can look forward to buddy :)
I've had my OC bats for awhile now and it has never lost its novelty, Its still my all time favorite figure.

Love this pics by Vodoun
2emmu5j.jpg

dgqd0m.jpg

I love the lighting in these pics - very reminiscent of the film. I wonder if it's normally like that or if the colors were adjusted on the computer.

If there is this much interest in getting this figure even now 2 years since TDK and 5 since BB why wouldn't HT make a limited run of about 500-1000? It's not like they're getting a piece of the ridiculous after market sales? They would make a killing on this rerelease instead of dealing with less than steller sales with the likes of Watchmen or Perseus etc. and there wouldn't be development costs because they already have what they need?

For everything you see in the pic, it looks good to me. Congrats - it's always nice to find a loose fig for cheaper, if you're not the type who cares about all the accessories or the box.

I definitely don't mind a loose figure. In fact I don't even mind slightly damaged collectibles, since most screen used items are worn out and need TLC anyway, I kind of see damaged items the same way. Once it's fixed it's as good as new. I guess I'm blessed with being a non-perfectionist :D

Nice, glad you ordered one his velvet capes. Just check out these pics and see what you can look forward to buddy :)
I've had my OC bats for awhile now and it has never lost its novelty, Its still my all time favorite figure.

Love this pics by Vodoun
2emmu5j.jpg

dgqd0m.jpg

Ya the Vodoun velvet cape photos are what sold it for me. I was gonna just settle with the stock cape at first, but seeing those shots.... just wow... instant bought :monkey1:monkey1

I'm sure this has been discussed over and over, but I thought I'd just wade on in here and piss everybody off with a newb question - cause I'm late to the game and watching a few figures on ebay that are all looking to be around about the same price:

2 or 3 one-word reasons why Hot Toys TDK OC beats BB? Please?

Humble apologies in advance, with a peace emoticon to make it all ok :peace

I'm sure this has been discussed over and over, but I thought I'd just wade on in here and piss everybody off with a newb question - cause I'm late to the game and watching a few figures on ebay that are all looking to be around about the same price:

2 or 3 one-word reasons why Hot Toys TDK OC beats BB? Please?

Humble apologies in advance, with a peace emoticon to make it all ok :peace

Here's what I think personally:

likeness
neck
quality

out of all those, I think the neck is the biggest reason to get the TDK OC. It's the only 1:6 figure that accurately has the batman cowl as one piece down to the neck. Personally it's the very reason why I prefer the OC design to the TDK new costume design, where they made the neck a separate piece from the head. The one piece cowl makes the OC design IMO.

As for quality, the BB batman was made by HT back when it was still at the same level as Sideshow and Medicom. Where as by TDK era, Hot Toys has such talented artists that they are practically a brand new company in terms of quality and basically were in a league of their own ever since. So in that regards, the Hot Toys BB figure is more of the same quality as the Medicom/ Takara, where as Hot Toys TDK stuff is the top notch stuff that we've come to expect from Hot Toys now a days.

Last edited:
Hey guys, is there a reason why this has been up for so long?

https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-BATMAN-DARK-KNIGHT-ORIGINAL-COSTUME-FIGURE-/290473082768?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a18b7f90#ht_500wt_1154

aside from the fact that it's loose and incomplete, Is there something wrong with it that I'm not seeing? I mean that's a killer price and no one took it for the longest time... I noticed that the seller has quite a few negative feedback, but for a little over $200 shipped, I don't see how this can be a bad deal, what do you guys think?

It's the pizza hut Batman! :horror

Theokan thanks a bunch! I'm with you on the one-piece cowl, otherwise I would've bought the TDK new costume at a far lower price. The OC is, for me, the 'real' batman. Thanks again for your thoughts, that makes my purchasing decision so much easier :)

It's the only 1:6 figure that accurately has the batman cowl as one piece down to the neck.

I think the Takara was the only Batman Begins figure to have the inaccurate neck joint.
(Though it does lend itself to some nice posing possibilities with this joint)

Both Medicom and the 1st release of Hot Toys had the one piece neck/cowl.
You can see pics here: https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_073106a.htm

But I agree with you that this current HT, original suit, version looks to be the best out of all previous versions.

I think the Takara was the only Batman Begins figure to have the inaccurate neck joint.
(Though it does lend itself to some nice posing possibilities with this joint)

Both Medicom and the 1st release of Hot Toys had the one piece neck/cowl.
You can see pics here: https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_073106a.htm

But I agree with you that this current HT, original suit, version looks to be the best out of all previous versions.

I supposed by one piece, I mean a smooth transition from his head down to his neck. I guess it's just the wrong word choice I used, but if you look at the Medicom and the first HT OC, they both have the jaw line separating the head from the neck, even though you're right that they are technically still a one-piece, the sculpt still implies that the head and neck are separate just like the Takara. The actual batman suit doesn't have that same jaw line and it's smooth all the way down, which so far only the HT OC v1 has it right.

Got my cape from Lforigno. Dont think I've ever posted my OC bats on this thread so here's mine :)
Thank you Lforigno for these wonderful cape. :clap

eb8or6.jpg

2po8l7p.jpg

2j5yrmu.jpg

2ezmc5v.jpg

Last edited:
anyone got the balls to do this mod??

seeing as how someone on the TDK thread took out the PERS (to readjust the lazy eye), anyone brave enough to give the OC head PERS? i figure it's all about hollowing out the head, carving out the eyes, then...well, you know, attach the PERS from an extra DX head.

i know, it's nuts. but not gonna lie, this idea has always been in the back of my mind, and i always THINK about it whenever i pick up the OC fig to look at.

That would take a LOT of guts, not worth it IMO - the eyes are great as they are on the OC Batman

oh don't get me wrong, it is great as is...but, seeing as how PERS just gives a fig so much life, and the OC fig is such a great fig, it's kind of a shame that the PERS wasn't developed during the release of OC bats.

and agreed...you gotta be crazy, and crazy good to do this mod.

I don't like PERS personally. IMO, it looks odd on the DX Joker, and DX Bats really only looks good looking up with his head tilted down. Painted eyes for me all the way.

It doesnt need PERS in my opinion. Its pretty cool on mine the way I accidentally set it up. The way I have mine set up at the moment worked great, its in a detolf with LED lights and the way its posed and its location in the shelf, the light reflections is bouncing off his eye so its kinda look almost real. It wasnt intentional, I was just trying to find a pose and the light reflection was hitting his eye and I was pretty stoked how it looked. It looks better than my Joker's PERS which in my opinion, PERS is overated. Here's close up of my OC.

2r6mf00.jpg

20qcmzt.jpg

5wjhxw.jpg

Last edited:
Back