Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it looks too good to be true, it usually is.

Possibly a returned item, but most likely the seller has come across another OC Bats since selling the last one, it's in a similar condition and they couldn't be bothered taking new pics.

The fact that the cape had been removed in both circumstances, hmm... simply reflects how common the cape mod is?

The fact that the Bruce Wayne head is missing in both circumstances would no doubt be a result of the seller selling this separately.

A few awkward questions maybe, but for 200 bucks it'd be a good buy. I just paid TWICE that to have a MIB example shipped to Oz. Oh my American cousins, how I regret that you won't you ship your bargain examples outside the US :monkey2

Possibly a returned item, but most likely the seller has come across another OC Bats since selling the last one, it's in a similar condition and they couldn't be bothered taking new pics.

The fact that the cape had been removed in both circumstances, hmm... simply reflects how common the cape mod is?

The fact that the Bruce Wayne head is missing in both circumstances would no doubt be a result of the seller selling this separately.

A few awkward questions maybe, but for 200 bucks it'd be a good buy. I just paid TWICE that to have a MIB example shipped to Oz. Oh my American cousins, how I regret that you won't you ship your bargain examples outside the US :monkey2

True, the only reason I didn't pursue the past listing is that I was able to buy a MIB one for around $330. If this goes at a MUCH lower price, I might buy this one as well. It'll be good for bashing or as a permanent companion to my imaginary Tumbler.

@ Edwardnygma:

The seller does seem reliable enough, though. At 99.9% feedback for 1,723 feedbacks, that's a mighty impressive reputation. Out of the feedbacks he had two negatives, one was a buyer complaining that he didn't see the actual size of the item in the listing:

"dont know how this happened but didnt see next page where size was shown!!!!"

Which leads me to believe that the buyer overlooked the page, especially since feedbacks before and after it state that every items the seller sold were accurately described.

The other negative feedback was an admitted mistake by the buyer. Apparently, he gave a feedback comment of Excellente but erroneously clicked on the negative feedback. Buyer even made a follow-up feedback confirming that he/she was satisfied with their transaction.

The only other complaint worth noting is that the seller doesn't offer a good combined shipping scheme, and he got a neutral feedback out of it.

Last edited:
The seller does seem reliable enough, though. At 99.9% feedback for 1,723 feedbacks, that's a mighty impressive reputation. Out of the feedbacks he had two negatives, one was a buyer complaining that he didn't see the actual size of the item in the listing:

He is. I have bought from him, twice. He dispatches real fast with updates and clear communication.

He is. I have bought from him, twice. He dispatches real fast with updates and clear communication.

That's good to hear :)

Right now, the item is at like $16. But it being 6 days before the bidding end, I'm betting there are a lot of snipers taking a close look at this one.

I meant the price. Everyone jumps on the fact that it starts out at like $5, but in a couple days it'll be in the $300s.

I meant the price. Everyone jumps on the fact that it starts out at like $5, but in a couple days it'll be in the $300s.

agreed! I always naively get my hopes up thinking I'll snake one for like $200-$250 but before I know it, it's waaay out of the price range especially in the final minutes.

Yeah I agree. The last one went for around $200 I think, but I wish it'll be lower this time. But with all the snipers around this, I'm sure it'll go up.

Guys, just realized the awesomeness of this batman. Is it too late to buy one? How's much is the fair price for this either used mint n complete or new? Thanks.

Great pics you guys.

Thats what I don't like about ebay, the uncertainty of an auction. If I want something I like to be able to see instantly how much it is, pay it and its mine.

Plus there are some real a$$holes in this hobby. People who try to get prices hiked up to screw over other collectors just for the sake of it - there was a thread on Spawn.com recently from a guy boasting about doing that. Unbelievable.

Thats what I don't like about ebay, the uncertainty of an auction. If I want something I like to be able to see instantly how much it is, pay it and its mine.

There's something called Buy it Now (BIN for short) where the seller offers an item for a set price. You can also send sellers offers as well. Not all of the items on ebay are auctions.

I'd think you'd like it a-dev. The only problem I see is you getting addicted to it.

What are some things you'd like to buy? I bet I could find them on ebay and convince you to start buying.

Guys, just realized the awesomeness of this batman. Is it too late to buy one? How's much is the fair price for this either used mint n complete or new? Thanks.

Great pics you guys.

MISB goes for around $300-350. Loose $200-250 based on the latest eBay auction i was watching.

Great pics you guys.

100% complete with a box...probably $325 ++.

MIB probably $350 ++.

Crappy used one one Ebay with an extra set of hands....:dunno, good luck though!

There's something called Buy it Now (BIN for short) where the seller offers an item for a set price. You can also send sellers offers as well. Not all of the items on ebay are auctions.

I'd think you'd like it a-dev. The only problem I see is you getting addicted to it.

What are some things you'd like to buy? I bet I could find them on ebay and convince you to start buying.

I was like a-dev once. Feared all the scary stories of eBay until I learned and monitored the sellers checked the feedbacks before buying. Mostly I stick to buy it now, unless it's something silly for accessories where bidding sometimes pays off if it's not in huge demand.

Really glad I let the T-1000 belt bid slide even though I wanted it badly but sadly it never had the gun/clips etc. It ended up something silly, short of $40 + $10 shipping.

It's funny all the sellers you check out or have bought from, you start recognizing the names other people have mentioned on here.

I don't think I would have been able to complete parts if it wasn't for eBay. I like to make good use of parts rather than them piling up in their boxes.

I always find eBay useful when it comes to rare/hard to find stuff/parts or model cars.

I suppose the items on my hitlist would be P2 Elder, Hicks, Vasquez and apone - for figures that I missed.

I'd also be interested in Pescadero clothes for Sarah Connor.

The trouble, other than my ebay phobia which you would seek to cure, is the money. I'm already spending a fortune on new HT figures as it is.

The trouble, other than my ebay phobia which you would seek to cure, is the money. I'm already spending a fortune on new HT figures as it is.

It's such a filthy habit, isn't it! The evilness of clicking.

Honestly, ebay was better a few years ago. For me anyway. I really only use it for older items that are not available anymore and even then, I have most of the things I've sought.

Back