Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, just realized the awesomeness of this batman. Is it too late to buy one? How's much is the fair price for this either used mint n complete or new? Thanks.

Great pics you guys.

Same happened to me a few months back :) I finally picked one up for $400 MIB, which is around what someone outside the US can expect to pay (the cheaper deals always seem to come from US-only sellers). Cause it was a Christmas present and pretty much budgeted for, the price didn't bother me so much - plus it was my last 'grail', so I won't have to buy any after market figures at after market prices from now on.

I just hope I don't "realise the awesomeness" of Predator 1 or Robocop, it'd kill me :lol

I just hope I don't "realise the awesomeness" of Predator 1 or Robocop, it'd kill me :lol

I've already realized the awesomeness that is Predator 1 and it sucks everytime I see one for a "low" price b/c it's still more than I'd ever want to pay on a figure. Only OC Bats will I spend about $300 (or possibly more) on a single figure

I suppose the items on my hitlist would be P2 Elder, Hicks, Vasquez and apone - for figures that I missed.

I'd also be interested in Pescadero clothes for Sarah Connor.

The trouble, other than my ebay phobia which you would seek to cure, is the money. I'm already spending a fortune on new HT figures as it is.

I picked up an unboxed Apone a while ago for £100, and one with box and everything recently sold for just over that. And im sure the same seller sold a hicks, with box and all, for about £160. So you may find some good deals if you start checking it out. Be warned though, as others have said, its addictive.

What is the deal with all this I dont trust ebay thing? Geez...I bought more than half of my figures on ebay.
Sorry, its just annoying when I read a lot of this posts.

There's a thread here somewhere on the best sellers to buy figure on ebay.
save ya some time, i suggest assaultrabbit, goodshipped(highly recommended) abc-express, 7toys7(slow shipping sometimes but still very good)...

Problem is people will only post stuff when they have problems with ebay but did you think about the millions of transactions that goes with no problem?
you can easily see which ones are good. Just pay attention to the seller's feedback. A lot of times, some sellers even get the bad feedback from bad buyers.

I sold one here a couple months ago. They show up from time to time (though probably for more money now that more Begins figures are being released).

As for eBay, like Remy said, use feedback. In fact, you have more protections as a buyer going there than here on the boards. And I don't think I've ever been scammed on eBay, though I have had issues here with 2 long-standing members who had exclusively positive feedback beforehand. Just saying. . .

I guess it also depends on where you live. I'm not sure how it is buying from ebay from other countries, but in the US, there should be no fear at all from buying from ebay. There are so many (and I have to say, often times pretty unfair to the seller) buyer protections that if anything goes wrong, it can be resolved.

Ebay is a seller's nightmare, a buyer's dream.

What is the deal with all this I dont trust ebay thing? Geez...I bought more than half of my figures on ebay.
Sorry, its just annoying when I read a lot of this posts.

There's a thread here somewhere on the best sellers to buy figure on ebay.
save ya some time, i suggest assaultrabbit, goodshipped(highly recommended) abc-express, 7toys7(slow shipping sometimes but still very good)...

Problem is people will only post stuff when they have problems with ebay but did you think about the millions of transactions that goes with no problem?
you can easily see which ones are good. Just pay attention to the seller's feedback. A lot of times, some sellers even get the bad feedback from bad buyers.

don't worry, maybe is my great wish for buy it and in this country the customs are too tight.

That sucks. So glad Oz collectors don't have to pay tax/duty on anything under $1000, that'd just add insult to shipping injury.

I wonder if it is possible to convert the demon bat back to the OC bat as I am sure that most of the body is just a recast but added effects except for the head

I wonder if it is possible to convert the demon bat back to the OC bat as I am sure that most of the body is just a recast but added effects except for the head

I don't think it is. They permanently adjusted it to have that look.

:dunno I've used ebay for 13 years. Look at feedback and use a credit card with higher $ purchases that way your ass is covered.

yeah me too.. well not for 13 years but maybe 8.. no problems what so ever... one time a guy didn't ship a TT.. got my money refunded.. thats about it.

Maybe the legs are the same, but looking at the pics everything else has been slightly altered or treated, ie belt, cape, arms, torso, head, hands.

Why would you want to convert it anyway? You wouldn't be saving any money cause you'd have to get a hold of all the parts that you can actually swap, ie head (good luck finding one of these), cape etc.

If you are really eager for the OC you likley have the DX so extra hands, belt are easy. Cape you can make yourself for cheap. I have seen the head for cheap on ebay as well, possibly recast. so the question is how permanent the mod of the demonbat upper suit is as I assume they just use the mould from OC bat and added effects after. So under the right circumstances and seeing how many are willing to part the demonbat for cheap you may be able to make a decent custom OC for significantly less than $200. I already have OC so this is for other freaks here on a budget but if I find a cheap Demonbat I may grab another one to try this and use the Bruce head

If you are really eager for the OC you likley have the DX so extra hands, belt are easy. Cape you can make yourself for cheap. I have seen the head for cheap on ebay as well, possibly recast. so the question is how permanent the mod of the demonbat upper suit is as I assume they just use the mould from OC bat and added effects after. So under the right circumstances and seeing how many are willing to part the demonbat for cheap you may be able to make a decent custom OC for significantly less than $200. I already have OC so this is for other freaks here on a budget but if I find a cheap Demonbat I may grab another one to try this and use the Bruce head

No way will Demonbats be going for under $200. Even if it is around $150 - unlikely IMO - then forking out for hands, gauntlets, suit, head, cape - mate, for a second-rate OC it just doesn't add up. If you can't shell out for the gold standard then you might as well just get a third rate OC for whatever the medicom version is going for these days.

Back