Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if the demonbats will sell for $200 a lot of freaks over in the scarecrow/demonbat thread will be extremely happy :D
Well in the end it's just something to explore for those who are desperate to have an OC. Like I said I already have one and am merely suggesting to look into this. Considering the many customs and mods I have seen I have a feeling someone here could pull it off especially if the effects have simply been "added" on

if the demonbats will sell for $200 a lot of freaks over in the scarecrow/demonbat thread will be extremely happy :D
Well in the end it's just something to explore for those who are desperate to have an OC. Like I said I already have one and am merely suggesting to look into this. Considering the many customs and mods I have seen I have a feeling someone here could pull it off especially if the effects have simply been "added" on

With the possible exception of the belt, it doesn't look to me like any of the effects have been added on in a temporary way, ie paint app. The surface itself appears to have been chemically changed either through heat treatment or addition of thermosetting plastic.

I hear where you're coming from, it just seems to me that anyone who loves OC Bats enough to go to the trouble of modding this guy only to end up with an inferior version would more likely fork out for the original if they don't already have it.

I guess we'll know for sure how easy it will be when we get some in-hand pics.

That's the old one bud. That's the Batman Begins.
That guy is trying to rip someone off by making it seem likes its the OC bats

is that really what the first version looked like? I wouldnt pay $50 for that. Doesnt even look like a HT version to me.

No, it is hot toys but that's the first one they made which they released for the Batman Begins. The figure sucks. That's why at the time, the Takara was regarded as the best one.

Then HT, not to be outdone, released the OC bats.
I do give props to HT about that. They are their own critic so if they're not too happy about a certain figure, they will redo it.

Eh, I don't think he is trying to rip anyone off. It is the original begins costume. The pics are there. If the buyer can't tell the difference that is their problem.

Well...he could have named it like how you wrote it...the original batman begins costume. Seeing as there was only one costume when BB came out, he didnt even have to put original but he wrote Batman Begins in proper then in all caps "ORIGINAL COSTUME" seems misleading.
I've seen this link before so this is not the first time someone has asked if this is the OC Batman.
So good to see people havent fallen for it.

No, it is hot toys but that's the first one they made which they released for the Batman Begins. The figure sucks. That's why at the time, the Takara was regarded as the best one.

I like the look of the boots on the HT though. I would loved to have salvaged some.

Yeah, I just meant it's about on par with Medicom.

The medicom TDK OC isn't bad in terms of the sculpt, I'd say it's better than the HT BB sculpt. It's just that medicom's OC suffers boy-in-a-batsuit syndrome.

This ebay listing has been around forever though, so obviously the buyer is prepared to wait patiently for someone to bite on an inferior figure.

Their Begins Bats still goes for a hefty price... I think the last one I saw went for around $200.

I at first wanted it, but I realized it was an unnecessary use of my funds to get it just for completionists' sake (along with V1 Joker and TDK bats).

Their Begins Bats still goes for a hefty price... I think the last one I saw went for around $200.

I at first wanted it, but I realized it was an unnecessary use of my funds to get it just for completionists' sake (along with V1 Joker and TDK bats).

I wonder how many of these are bought by completionists, or by people like me - when I was brand new to this hobby a few months back I knew I wanted the BB cowl, but I didn't yet know that HT had brought out the TDK OC version.

Thank heavens for forums like this - I was a click away from a $220 BB. IMO it would've been a waste of money. Whew, can you imagine opening the box expecting TDK's OC and... I still shudder to think how close I came to buying a dud through plain ignorance.

Exactly my point. For most of us who frequent the board, its pretty easy to spot which is which. But for someone new to this hobby, unless they asked questions or look at all the threads, its pretty easy to miss which version.

I did do my research cause I myself almost bought the BB when I didnt realize there was another version.
At the time, there were a couple that has a pic inside the box and that's it. So you dont really see it in detail and if you dont know better, you would think its the OC version.

Just snapped a couple more of mine, thought I would share.

Thanks!

IMG_4270.jpg

IMG_4286.jpg

Back