Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking over my OC batman again, overall a great figure, but i never realized how off the armor is.. especially around the ab area.

What's with people's infatuation with "shiny" bats? His armor wasn't that shiny in the film at all... matte is more accurate.

Adam is imaresqd1 - below are shots of his head next to Hot Toys version, and comparison screen shots

bale-costume-1.jpg
< the reference image used.

The Adam head with the HT version (which itself has been sanded in places to make it more accurate from what Adam has said):
5334958443_e996ef6e9e.jpg

The winner is pretty clear...Adam's head couldn't possibly be better in any significant way IMO...:dunno

5337712389_a30f15e66d_z.jpg

Batman_Begins_Belongs-L.jpg

batman-begins-3.JPG

I have a question, that I am hoping someone hear can answer.

I bought the original HT Batman in 2005 and it came with a certificate saying it was number 0003.

Is this legit or something the seller added??

Hmmm, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the first batman begins figure is the one that came with a certificate. I think the DK OC version didn't have one.

Hmmm, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the first batman begins figure is the one that came with a certificate. I think the DK OC version didn't have one.

You sir are correct, the first batman which is inferior in sculpt came with a COA

i just got this guy from a friend in the UK. traded him a big pile of stuff, and got him at pretty much COST. im very thankful.

anyway, he is awesome. i wasnt that impressed at first, and couldnt see how people prefered this over the dx02 dark knight batman, but everytime i walk into my studio and see the OC bats standing there he catches my eye. there is something REALLY classic looking about him. the dx02 is wonderful obv. very practical techy swat type suit, but the begins batman really screams CLASSIC BATMAN, it makes me think of keaton in the 89 suit. that scene in begins when he was just lit up by scarecrow and hes in the back of the car saying " poison, bat poison" or somehting it always reminded me of keaton, the mask is amazing.

anyway this figure is really really growing on me. i never disliked it by any stretch, but never knew how much i would come to like it. if you find a good deal on it, and dont already have it, i cant recommend it enough.

NOW, onto the only negative, it seems that even before i took it out of the package, i could tell the rubber of his suit, in the ab area was kinda bowed out on one side. if that makes sense. like there is the rubber suit, and the true type fig. underneath, on one side of the torso the rubber suit bumps out, meaning its further away from the body underneath. it really looks funky in some poses, and ive found ways to hide it in most other poses. i know there most likely isnt a fix for this. just wondering if anyone else knows what im talking about, or had the same issue.
i saw on here someone stuffed the body a bit with cotton balls to fill in the space between the tt figure and the rubber suit, that would solve the problem im thinking, but not sure if its worth the trouble. dont want to struggle with making it less lopsided and end up making it worse.

NOW, onto the only negative, it seems that even before i took it out of the package, i could tell the rubber of his suit, in the ab area was kinda bowed out on one side. if that makes sense. like there is the rubber suit, and the true type fig. underneath, on one side of the torso the rubber suit bumps out, meaning its further away from the body underneath. it really looks funky in some poses, and ive found ways to hide it in most other poses. i know there most likely isnt a fix for this. just wondering if anyone else knows what im talking about, or had the same issue.
i saw on here someone stuffed the body a bit with cotton balls to fill in the space between the tt figure and the rubber suit, that would solve the problem im thinking, but not sure if its worth the trouble. dont want to struggle with making it less lopsided and end up making it worse.

Yup, mine was the same way, it sunk in on one side. So just pop the head and put some cotton balls in there and that did the trick.

Yup, mine was the same way, it sunk in on one side. So just pop the head and put some cotton balls in there and that did the trick.

thanks man. i may do it one day... when it really starts bothering me.

Back