Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two different versions? I got mine recently MIB and it was matte. I'm surprised that they'd do two, but it'd be a laugh if all the kerfuffle over the 'deterioration' of the rubber simply came down to comparisons made between what people understood to be the same suit.

Surely there are folks who have both 'versions' who can post comparison pics... anyone? :)

yeah awesome!
Here is one another pic in hd :D

hd.jpg

I really thinking to do big posters but I don't know. Are people could be interested? ;)

Was doing a quick scan on this thread and ran into this pic...amazing shot Neo :)

I know its not because the rubber was drying because my friend's oc bats was
displayed inside a glass display on a really bright and strong spotlight almost everyday for the past 2 years and it was still friggin shiny. While mine almost never got any lights at all, behind a closed glass display, and still looks dry.

Luckily I manage to snag a shiny version last month as well, and sold off my other one. I think the shiny version attracts lesser dust too, and looks wayyy better than the dry one. Almost like how some of you guys swear by iforgno's suede cape compared to the OEM cape :lol

Mine is not really shiny!
He is more like that:
suit.jpg

suit2.jpg

I saw yours on photograph, and it looks pretty shiny, neo?

My 3rd one was like that of the movie pic. But it really bothers me to know that there are a shinier, better looking versions out there :lol

I've finally gotten a shiny version, I can finally sleep peacefully, until I saw adam's oc sculpt. Now I can't sleep again at night :(

ugh. I hate ebay snipers! :mad:

Bah, I thought I'd finally have one of these, was the high bidder all week, but got sniped at the last minute (damn cowards). :(

Same thing happend to me, i was the highest bidder for the hot toys robocop figure, and at the last second i got sniped:(

either you guys should snipe to if you dont....cause than you are destined to lose every single bid.

OR if you do snipe, you just got outsniped, and he said it right:

You didn't bid your max.

Ebay should make like yahoo japan, and extend 5 min more auction time, if there's a new bid placed, 1 minute before auction ends.

That way there's no point in sniping.

It sucks when you have a bad internet connection, which is quite often for me.

Ebay should make like yahoo japan, and extend 5 min more auction time, if there's a new bid placed, 1 minute before auction ends.

Wow didn't know yahoo japan worked like that, interesting idea, but call me selfish but I prefer it the way it is cuz it leaves the chance open of scoring great deals as a buyer if the other buyers have forgotten to put in or were too late in putting in their highest bids

Surely you either bid your maximum bid or you don't? You can't be sniped if the sniper's highest bid doesn't better your maximum. I don't understand the issue :dunno

I thought my Bats was matte, but mine looks like Neo's and Hydeous seems to think this is shiny?

Looking at mine again (I'll post pics when the kids are in bed) there is some sheen there, but it is absolutely not glossy like Medicom's version for example.

Those in the know, post some comparison pics! I need to know if I should turn my delight with this figure into bitter, obsessive-compulsive disappointment :lol

It is matte. It's an illusion with the camera/lighting. Thats all it is. It's only excessively dull if you man handle it a lot with grubby paws.

3519009517_90804fddb9_z.jpg

5350480793_8a01e28fbb_z.jpg
5350480799_055db66638_z.jpg

Last edited:
You're absolutely correct vodoun. I went back and found some pics of my OC bats using a different camera and it almost looks like a different figure. Excessively shiny. Much like some of the ones you just posted but in most shots and in hand, it's more of a Matte finish.

Same is true of my Takara. Some pics look shinny some look matte.

You all need to chill! :panic:

Back