Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I know of Mike bud.

Just a few pics here and there have swayed me back to him. Getting this back in and selling on the DX. Having a New Years figure cull in a week or so too.

Just a few pics here and there have swayed me back to him. Getting this back in and selling on the DX.

I've been considering selling mine recently as well. As great as the DX is, he is just eclipsed by the OC Bats' awesomeness in my detolf :lol And he's fetching a pretty penny atm...

Not that I know of Mike bud.

Just a few pics here and there have swayed me back to him. Getting this back in and selling on the DX. Having a New Years figure cull in a week or so too.

That sucks.

Hopefully bobby c will again come to the rescue for us collectors :lol

Congrats man, he's a damn fine fig, I must say. A pointer for you, having had hold of 4 different OCs and looking at my friends' collection, there's actually 2 version of it. 1 being with a shiny, rubber suit and a dry looking rubber suit.

I don't think its due to mishandle, as I have had 2 NIB ones that looks dry out of the box. It wasn't until I looked at my friend's that I figured there's 2 versions out there.

I've recently got a 3rd one, and its the shiny one. Looks soo much better than the other 2 I've had before.

Good luck in the hunt bud :)

I know Adam does great work, but it was beyond ridiculous to me that, based on the strength of one, unpainted pic with decent shadowing on it people were almost pledging their first-born to have it. It's only mildly less ridiculous that there have now been 2 or 3 photos shown. I dunno, I know it seems to be the way of this hobby that everything must be customised and updated to the best of the best of the current flavour of the month, but sometimes I just wish that there was more discussion around the actual figures, not something that has been Frankensteined beyond recognition.

(And I do want to be clear that I don't mean any disrespect to Adam's skills in my "flavour of the month" remark. They are indisputable. But the amount of bandwagon jumping that goes on on this site is insane, and we've seen artists that are either elevated or destroyed because of it).

Think of it as a car. Its an investment, its expensive.
Lets say you bought an Infinity G37, beautiful car.
If you have some money saved up and you saw these beautiful wheels that just made the car even much more refined...classy...
would you not upgrade your car or just stick with the stock infinity cause that's what came with it?

Sure, you dont have to replace the wheels, with or without it, its still gorgeous but it would upgrade if you do.

Same thing. Straight out of the box, this figure is beautiful. But just the velvet cape swap alone is a HUGE HUGE HUGE upgrade.
The only reason I didnt do the cape mod for a while was that I didnt want to do any permanent damage to the figure which you must do to take the cape tabs off but what a huge upgrade it did. The velvet capes looks soooo much better than the stock cape, so I made the leap and it takes the figure to another level. This is what I see with Adam's sculpt. Even if he ends up not selling it to the public, My OC bats is still my grail, but I would still gladly upgrade to Adams's sculpts if he ends up selling it.

Hot Toys does a tremendous job on their figures. Phenomenal. But sometimes, they are also at the mercy of time constraints as opposed to custom figures so there's some things that can be done to make the figure even better.

Well said, remy.

I agree with your points.

Problem is, adam's been shying away from questions regarding his sculpt. And I can't sleep thinking bout it. Been 2 days now, its always on my mind :(

Perhaps you can ask bobby if he can do a run for us? I'm totally in!

Man, there is no doubt Bobby can totally nail this piece, the only thing is Bobby is such a perfectionist, I'm sure he would want this in Silicone with glass eyes, etc.
There is hardly ever a day I dont stop by my detolf to look at his joker masterpiece...I just dont want to live off Ramen noodles again for awhile :lol

What's with all the BobbyC talk now? I thought that beautiful Begins Batman and Demon Batman headsculpts were Andy's?

i'm so jealous of anyone that can sculpt 1/6 figs. i mean, if HT or any other company isn't producing what you want, all you have to do is make your own.

props to imaresqd1.

Yeah, I bought mine brand new, MISB and it had that slight "dry" look to it too as soon as I opened it.

I constantly complained about it not be glossy until I saw other people had the same "issue".

Still not really sure.

I think you're right man, if my memory serves me correctly, there's a post here somewhere where someone bought 2 and the newer one was older looking compared to the first and opened figure.
Many thought that the dry one was a result of the rubber deteriorating quickly so that's why there's a slew of posts about the HT rubber deteriorating fast.
Mine is definitely not dry but I've seen some here where its shiny like it has oil wipes on it. I remember people asking if they've applied something to it and they said that's how the figure was.

Mine is not really shiny!
He is more like that:
suit.jpg

suit2.jpg

Last edited:
For me its either getting this bats or getting the dx superman and the 1989 batman:dunno

How much does the OC batman go for if he's used? or loose?

I think that there are different suits in the movie!
and they used them in fonction of the lighting and the mood!
I had a lot of pics here and the suit looks different in all :)

Back