Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay..I think I have decided to sell it.

Whats with the DC Direct version and the others? How do I differentiate them?

Since some of the members of this forum have decided to be childish asses about answering your question, rather than being helpful, let me try and help.

The DC Direct version has hard plastic for the abs, rather than soft rubber. This means it won't leak and degrade.

The belt is also lined in clear plastic when first opened.

Finally, if it comes in the original shipper box, it should probably mention Diamond Distributors on the side of the brown shipper, with an American address.

The DC Direct version was the third and final batch of figures released, and was done so in North America (as opposed to Asia).

Also, before you sell your OC Batman, I hope you know that CREG Customs will soon be releasing Imaresqd1's astounding OC Batman replacement head which in combination with the OC batman would make an unmatched batman figure IMO

Since some of the members of this forum have decided to be childish asses about answering your question, rather than being helpful, let me try and help.

Hmmm. It would help if you actually knew what you were talking about...

The DC Direct version has hard plastic for the abs, rather than soft rubber. This means it won't leak and degrade.

This also means he can't sit in the Tumbler nor on the Batpod. It also didn't address the leaking biceps which also cause the same issues with the arms that the leaky abs did with the waist.

The belt is also lined in clear plastic when first opened.

My DX02 had the belt covered in plastic and it was the first shipment. Some even speculated in the beginning, that it was the cause for the leaky abs.

Finally, if it comes in the original shipper box, it should probably mention Diamond Distributors on the side of the brown shipper, with an American address.

The DC Direct version was the third and final batch of figures released, and was done so in North America (as opposed to Asia).

This is largely irrelevant as you really don't know what you're getting until you're holding it.

Hi guys, need some opinions...

would it be wise to sell off my MIB TDK batman OC and get the DX02 Bat instead?

Hope you didn't pull the trigger to quick...

Honestly, as much as I love my DX, I think that if I was in your shoes I would just keep the OC.

There is just to much uncertainty with the DX02. You could very well regret it even if you luck out and get one from the DC batch.

The TDK OC Batman is a beautiful figure and much more problem free. Also, consider that there will almost certainly be a figure for The Dark Knight Rises which will look more like the DX than the OC.

Seriously. IMHO just keep the OC Bats. :peace

The TDK OC Batman is a beautiful figure and much more problem free.

Not according to the trend thats happening since quite a number will be heading to flog the head for a custom. The figure that was once so perfect.

Hmmm. It would help if you actually knew what you were talking about...

As a matter of fact, I actually held off on answering for a few hours because I wasn't 100% sure on everything and hoped somebody that was more sure would answer. Since nobody actually decided to contribute something useful, I figured something from me was better than nothing from anybody.

Of course, I didn't see you posting anything during that time frame.

This also means he can't sit in the Tumbler nor on the Batpod. It also didn't address the leaking biceps which also cause the same issues with the arms that the leaky abs did with the waist.

Neither of which are going to help him to answer his question - how does he tell the difference between the two batches?

My DX02 had the belt covered in plastic and it was the first shipment. Some even speculated in the beginning, that it was the cause for the leaky abs.

Was your belt covered completely in plastic (both sides) or just a separator between the inside of the belt and the figure itself? It was my understanding that the entire belt was only completely wrapped in plastic in the DC Direct batch (and that earlier batches had partial, but entire, clear plastic coverage). But I admit that this is the part I wasn't 100% clear on (hence my initial hesitation to answer in the first place).

This is largely irrelevant as you really don't know what you're getting until you're holding it.

Not if the seller still has the figure in the original shipper box and can share photos (to help prove its from the DC Direct batch). It's not guaranteed, but it doesn't hurt him to ask.

well the dc direct batch has the dc logo on the back of the box (not the brown shipper) so you can just ask for pictures of the back of the box as well.

I don't remember what the details were to distinguish the different batches solely based on packaging but my 2nd non-DCD DX02 box does have the DC logo on the back of the box as well.

well the dc direct batch has the dc logo on the back of the box (not the brown shipper) so you can just ask for pictures of the back of the box as well.

I think it was determined that the DC logo is present on the boxes of all batches, so that is no help. Which makes sense, because Batman is a DC licensed character, no matter where it's sold.

The "Diamond Distributors" label on the DC Direct brown shipper boxes should only be present on the DC Direct batches because they are responsible for North American releases but NOT Asian releases, which is why they might be different.

I think it was determined that the DC logo is present on the boxes of all batches, so that is no help. Which makes sense, because Batman is a DC licensed character, no matter where it's sold.

The "Diamond Distributors" label on the DC Direct brown shipper boxes should only be present on the DC Direct batches because they are responsible for North American releases but NOT Asian releases, which is why they might be different.

sorry i meant to say that the DC DIRECT logo should be on the back

Neither of which are going to help him to answer his question - how does he tell the difference between the two batches?

The hard plastic abs are the only way to tell. Though, I do believe there was a small percentage of the first run that had crooked horns so that would also be something to look for to differentiate it from the DCD batch.

Was your belt covered completely in plastic (both sides) or just a separator between the inside of the belt and the figure itself? It was my understanding that the entire belt was only completely wrapped in plastic in the DC Direct batch (and that earlier batches had partial, but entire, clear plastic coverage). But I admit that this is the part I wasn't 100% clear on (hence my initial hesitation to answer in the first place).

Completely covered. Midway through the second run, HT started putting a plastic strip in between the top and bottom of the suit thinking that would stop the issue.

Not if the seller still has the figure in the original shipper box and can share photos (to help prove its from the DC Direct batch). It's not guaranteed, but it doesn't hurt him to ask.

It would be in the seller's best interest, if he had a leaky one, as we saw was the case with Johnnyr, to basically hide the fact that he had a leaky one. Easily answered by a "Yes, I think it does." Ebay won't refund a buyer's money based on printing on a shipper. To my knowledge, the only way to determine for sure is actually holding the figure and verifying it has hard plastic abs. But this is irrelevant as the whole reason he wants to know is so he doesn't get the "leaky" one. BOTH LEAK!

It would be in the seller's best interest, if he had a leaky one, as we saw was the case with Johnnyr, to basically hide the fact that he had a leaky one. Easily answered by a "Yes, I think it does." Ebay won't refund a buyer's money based on printing on a shipper.

If he's using Ebay, and the shipper is made a part of the item description in some way (or as a response to his question), then the seller is liable for the discrepancy between the item itself and the description.

Of course, the buyer can't settle for "I think it does." If he can't get a definite statement, he should assume the worst.

But this is irrelevant as the whole reason he wants to know is so he doesn't get the "leaky" one. BOTH LEAK!

Not in the abs.

I think we can agree that, if one assumes one is going to get the DX02, then the DC Direct one is the way to go. You might argue that DX02 isn't worth it no matter what, but that's a different argument entirely.

I would also add, make sure you're not buying from Hong Kong or SE Asia. You're almost certain not to get a DC Direct figure from a seller there.

Guys, thank you so much for your opinions.
I have pulled the trigger and sold OC Bats to a nice gentleman.

I would probably wait for the Michael Keaton Batman and The Dark Knight Rises Bat to make a decision on DX02. I love the sonar eyes features though.

Back