Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wanting to do something with the Bruce head for years now, and nothing has looked right. HT made the portrait a little too small, and with a suit on a figure he simply looked like a pinheaded linebacker. I got a Saturday Toys figure with the black suit, and ended up using the figure for my SS Indy. After trying the head on bucks from SS, HT, Sat Toys, and Medi, I was resigned to not having a Bruce Wayne figure using this head sculpt and clothes combo. Earlier tonight I tried something different. Digging through my parts bin, I grabbed an Ultimate Soldier buck I got from Monkey Depot for $0.99. After some Dremel work and adding some good hands, here's what I came up with:

BRUCE ON A BUDGET.

budget.jpg

It's not perfect, but I'm happy for now.

I think it looks great Prof'! I'm not as picky as some though so maybe someone else will have some more CC for you. I know if that was my BW I would be happy! Congrats!

Thanks, man. I would really like to pull the trigger on one of the TTL or Triad figures and see how that suit and figure look with the BW head, but I can't bring myself to throw $60 or more at something that might look like poo. There are so many suitmakers in Asia, but there's no easy and affordable way of finding the right mix. Therefore, I'll stick with this for the time being.

Thanks, man. I would really like to pull the trigger on one of the TTL or Triad figures and see how that suit and figure look with the BW head, but I can't bring myself to throw $60 or more at something that might look like poo. There are so many suitmakers in Asia, but there's no easy and affordable way of finding the right mix. Therefore, I'll stick with this for the time being.

Well man you're further along than me. I have the Wayne head from the OC Bat's still sitting in the box! I've spread my collection funds pretty thin and can't bring myself to spend the dough on a suit, body, stand, etc. Someday....that's the greatness of collecting right? Always "someday"!

Awesome score,dude. Has the figure been displayed? If so, make sure you've got some 303 Protectant on hand to keep it fresh. I treat my OC twice a year.

Not according to my research. It is formulated for aviation applications, and specifically works to prevent rubber from drying out.

woooh nice man, i thought you have already one, but a major congrats then for joining the club for the upcoming most epic figure ever!!! :)

Broke out the good camera and took this shot of the OC Bruce custom after a bit more futzing. The cowl is from the Mattel 12" Batman.

bruce.jpg

:panic: :panic: :panic:

I'M IN THE CLUB BABY! :yess:

:lol

Been wanting one of these for a good while and finally secured one in a trade today.

Can't wait to get it! Now, if I could only do something about that head sculpt... :monkey1

:yess:

Congrats!

Your new member correspondence and member card are in the mail. Welcome.....to the ELITE!

:monkey3 :lol

Broke out the good camera and took this shot of the OC Bruce custom after a bit more futzing. The cowl is from the Mattel 12" Batman.

bruce.jpg

Still looking great man!

Awesome score,dude. Has the figure been displayed? If so, make sure you've got some 303 Protectant on hand to keep it fresh. I treat my OC twice a year.

There has been a bit of discussion about this already on this thread, but I'd like to get some updates on how many folks are bothering with this.

Hands up who uses 303 or some other product to maintain their Bats?

And who maintains that sensible figure maintenance (ie clean hands, clean display etc) is fine in keeping him in good condition?

I have a friend who collects rubber masks. He has original Don Post "calendar masks" from the 60's, and he swears by the stuff. If you are displaying any collectible composed of rubber, whether in the open air or in a cabinet, it will degrade over time. After only two years in a lighted case, a poster on these boards reported cracks in the tire of his Tumbler, which he had not been treating.

Do what you feel is best.

Back