Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so what are people doing for the stands? i'd like to see other ways people are displaying him, since the new stand is pretty pathetic.

so what are people doing for the stands? i'd like to see other ways people are displaying him, since the new stand is pretty pathetic.

I use the stand. I hope there aren't any earthquakes or anything, as he is standing solo on the very top of my detolf...watching...waiting.

The metal part of the Sideshow stand fits into the Hot Toys part as well, so I currently have one of my extra Sideshow stands in the Hot Toys stand. Its only temporary, but it works.

I am kinda ashamed to admit that it took me a while to figure out where exactly the metal prongs of the stand were meant to come up to, and then when I figured it out I was like ''what the hell is that gonna do??'' :lol

Are the hand a pain in the butt for anyone else to get off? I had to head mine up with a blow dryer to get them to finally come off. I just wish all of the hands included would just have the peg attached to them.

Also, hate the new stand. Go back to the old ones I say!

Other than that, an amazingly perfect figure.

Toy Anxiety still has some Hot Toys stands for only $2 each, so I grabbed 4 to replace the Dark Knight figure's stands. Sucks that we have to replace them, but $8 is a lot better than have to buy a new head or something because of a shelf dive! :horror

Last edited:
Are the hand a pain in the butt for anyone else to get off? I had to head mine up with a blow dryer to get them to finally come off. I just wish all of the hands included would just have the peg attached to them.

Also, hate the new stand. Go back to the old ones I say!

Other than that, an amazingly perfect figure.

Toy Anxiety still has some Hot Toys stands for only $2 each, so I grabbed 4 to replace the Dark Knight figure's stands. Sucks that we have to replace them, but $8 is a lot better than have to buy a new head or something because of a shelf dive! :horror
hell yeah man. i carefully pried them off. when i put different ones on i didnt push them on all the way. i dont plan on changing them out to often. i heard you can sand the ridge off the end on the pegs too.

Yep, I was the one who posted about sanding the pegs. Use a fine grain sandpaper, carefully sand off the lip/ring on the pegs until the hands come off with a typical amount of effort. Keep testing the hands because you don't want to accidentally sand the pegs down too much.

I know I'd screw up so I'll stick to blow drying :lol

Just wish we could get those pegs seperately besides Asian sellers on ebay. I'm not paying $7 in shipping on something that would fit in a standard envelope!

I sent Hot Toys a suggestion: bring back old stands and include a wrist peg with each hand, not just the two. So Batman would have had 6 wrist pegs if they followed my suggestion. That would be TONS easier to switch the hands!

I do wonder why Batman get's the firmer pegs. Joker has a much easier to work with, Sideshow-esqu peg, but these Bat ones are tricky. It's not as though the hands really keep the gauntlets in place, they're plenty loose enough there's no need for counter pressure from the hands forcing them back up the forearm.

are HT gonna be using these new stands with all their future releases?

I would assume so, there's nothing specific about the TDK figures to suggest needing specialty stands, so if they've gone to the trouble, I'd say it's a permanent change.

Really, if they'd just made the support off the base a little different and the ring metal that goes into the base longer like Sideshow, probelms would be solved. Trouble with HT's old stands is you have to get them so tight around the figure in order to get the metal into the base enough to stay in, with a little extra height you wouldn't have to have the tips of the C ring jabbing into the figures.

Yeah just realized from a few pics that the Machiko figure has this new type of support while the Borg pred has the old kind...I did prefer the older style because even though they were perhaps more noticeable they did offer actual support

my joker figure has already toppled over twice

Last edited:
Back