Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i actually kinda like the new stand now, but only for this type of figure. i dont want to wrap a tight metal ring around that rubber suit. it would permanently crease it over time. for the joker i would prefer the traditional stand, however.

Nothing dramatic to add, just posting a couple pics as I got into the HT Joker/Batman club today...

BATMANfull.jpg

JokerandBatmanfull.jpg

Crummy pics but I'll try better ones later.

Batman arrived in Gotham today, and for my first 1/6 figure, I don't think I could have made a better choice! Sure there are some nits to pick - I'm sure I'll need to buy some replacement hand pegs at some point - those things are just too hard to get on/off and I know I'll end up snapping one, it feels like my belt is glued on rather than clipped, the cape doesn't fall exactly right, some of the joints are a lot looser than I had expected, etc, but I couldn't be happier with him.

I was also really surprised at just how soft and silky the suit feels. I was expecting something much harder for some reason.

Got my Bats in today and I'm definitely not a fan of the new styled stands....I had a helleva time getting him to stand straight up because the stand kept sliding down with his thighs. Either way my custom Wayne is done too!

IMG_9046Small.jpg

IMG_9048Small.jpg

IMG_9049Small.jpg

IMG_9050Small.jpg

IMG_9051Small.jpg

IMG_9052Small.jpg

IMG_9054Small.jpg

IMG_9055Small.jpg

IMG_9056Small.jpg

IMG_9057Small.jpg

The hair wasn't exact but this is what I was going for...I have to get some rope and futz with it to make it match:

batman_photos_bale3.jpg

Yeah, I already replaced the new "thigh master" holder with an older Sideshow one...

But, if you Guys do this too, just be careful to make sure it's not too tight, or pinching into the suit... try to give it a little slack because it could damage the rubber if left too long pinching into the suit...

how come dc direct isnt importing this figure? a lot of the usual sites are not selling this figure for some reason. is this figure going to be limited or something?

If you guys haven't seen it yet, my video review of the HT vs Takara vs DC Direct is up on YouTube, let me know what you think. Search "Hot Toys The Dark Knight Original Costume Batman Part 1"

Enjoy

Last edited:
First off, I must say that this is a fantastic looking figure. The Batman figure is great, the Bale likeness is great.

But I do have a few observations about the figure:

- The TAKARA is slightly taller than the Hot Toys version as seen in the pics below

- Love the new Hot Toys headsculpt. The old one was horrible, that's why I went for TAKARA as it was the best one at that time and the TAKARA Bale sculpt was pretty good for its time. Hot Toys wins hands down this time.

The Batman facesculpt has lines, which adds character to it. The TAKARA one now looks like its as smooth as a baby's bottom :p

- Someone mentioned he was top heavy. He is, I think I might have to use the stand as the ankles seem to be a little loose. Either that or I don't have them plugged in properly. I didn't realize that his boots were removable, thought they were like the TAKARA ie. foot/ankle sealed inside the boots

- I thought there was an error with my belt because there's a cylinder thinggie just next to the Batarang holders. Because of that, the Batarang can't be held in place properly as the cylinder is in the way. But I just checked the photos and the cylinder IS there in the pics

I think the problem is that the HT Batarangs are a little too big, therefore the cylinder on the utility belt gets in the way. If the Batarangs were slightly smaller like the TAKARA ones, I think there wouldn't be a problem

- Found that the Hot Toys gauntlets are a little loose. Maybe it was intentionally done

- I've always thought that the Hot Toys hands didn't look natural. It seemed that way when I was posing it for some quick shots with the TAKARA. It just didn't seem right. Don't know if anyone remembers the V1 Begins, with the "karate chop action" hand. It was just straight and flat, just didn't look right.

In this case, the fists he comes with just doesn't look as natural as the TAKARA ones

- I think Hot Toys have changed the cape. It's still dual layered (or 1 piece folded and stitched to make it thicker). If I remember correctly, the V1 had some sort of satin/silk lining. I could be wrong though

But as I mentioned, fantastic and I love it. I think its better than the TAKARA version that I have. Here's some pics:

HTandTAK01.jpg

HTandTAK03.jpg

HTandTAKCloseup.jpg

BruceWayneandBatman03.jpg

BruceWayneandBatman02.jpg

A guy who dresses up like a bat clearly has issues :p

The owner of the store said that The Joker should arrive next week! Can't wait!

Excellent review and very accurate. I just put up a video review on You Tube hitting on the same points, especially the batarangs and that "tube" and his face as well.

Good Job.

Last edited:
Back