Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read from the previous post that some of the guys manage to break the wrist joints on the new hot toys body. Sucks to hear that, especially coming from a great figure

Once you get the pegs out the first time, you can use a piece of fine-grained sandpaper to file down the pegs' lips so that they don't get stuck inside the hands. Just make sure you repeatedly test the hands as you sand the pegs thinner. Once you can get the hands off without unnecessary force, then stop sanding.

Um...given, but has anyone switched the v1 figure head with v2? I have the head a lone in route, no matter how much I try I can't rebuy the same figure twice, just an updated version, especially when I ordered the new Dark Knight version.
I'm Frankensteining together parts from my v1 with parts from the v2. I've got the v2 body, rubber suit, head and belt on the way; I'll be using the v1 wrist gauntlets, hands, wrist pegs, feet, grapple gun, cape and boots.

I'm still deciding if I want to unload the v1 suit and body; I'm thinking of keeping it in case the v2 suit turns out to be prone to ripping in the future.

Flipping through some promo shots the other day, I found one where the shoulder actually wrinkled much like my figure, which was even more reassuring.

Care to share some? :) *hoping* mine arrives tomorrow.

I don't know how Valfar guessed it correctly because I'm like you. If I saw that picture, I would've never guessed which was what other than them just being Batmans.....maybe HT.....lol

I didn't think the Tak Bats cape was that long but either way I couldn't tell.

And as far as that Keaton Wayne goes if your any kind of 89 Batman fan I say get it. I have it and the sculpt is pretty good, nice but inaccurate paint apps, the tux is top notch too but the body isn't all that great. If you can find one with the free Batman bust it's pretty cool.

I didn't think the Tak Bats cape was that long but either way I couldn't tell.

And as far as that Keaton Wayne goes if your any kind of 89 Batman fan I say get it. I have it and the sculpt is pretty good, nice but inaccurate paint apps, the tux is top notch too but the body isn't all that great. If you can find one with the free Batman bust it's pretty cool.

Duh, i'm not an idiot...cape length is the method to identify....

Thanks for the 89 advise, I am a fan.

The one I saw was of Batman 89 and not Wayne 89. Sculpted by an artist in China supposedly, one of a kind item...same price as the new HT...

It looked really good....I have to see if it's still up.

Where there any authentic 89 batman made? I want one....bad!

I'm sunk. Ordered both Jokers and the TDK Batman from Alter Ego. :wacky

Anyone wanna buy my Stealth Iron Man? :rolleyes:

Sure stings after ordering doesn't it...

After the Tumbler purchase, I was outside pan handling...

I still want the HT Iron Man AND the Joker...

AND a Keaton Batman...

and Lotto..

I'm sunk. Ordered both Jokers and the TDK Batman from Alter Ego. :wacky

Anyone wanna buy my Stealth Iron Man? :rolleyes:

I wonder for those who has also ordered the 1/6 Tumbler and Batpod. There's well over 1k truly between 4 figures and two vehicles.

I don't know how Valfar guessed it correctly because I'm like you. If I saw that picture, I would've never guessed which was what other than them just being Batmans.....maybe HT.....lol

I could tell right away because the belt is a lighter colour on the Takara aswell as the mouth area is more pale..i guess i just have good eyes for these things..have always been told i have great vision.

I was wondering if Batman can be posed squatting..with his cape overflowing like in one of the batman begins movie shot. Does the costume restrict that pose?

I wonder for those who has also ordered the 1/6 Tumbler and Batpod. There's well over 1k truly between 4 figures and two vehicles.

You should be grateful you are not an Aliens Fan. We all dropped well over that to purchase the full line of Marines, Ripley, Power Loader and then have all our figures repainted and customized to the max. And that does not include replacement heads...

1k, Ha!... that's ^^^^^ talk. :lol

I was wondering if Batman can be posed squatting..with his cape overflowing like in one of the batman begins movie shot. Does the costume restrict that pose?

No clue, but this has been the lowest one I've seen.

2738270079_f5279a91cc_o.jpg

Belongs to kenmoo. That maybe registered here...

Hi, new member here from Germany.

I've been reading the board for about a year, but just recently decided to finally sign up and chime in(I usually post on rebelscum).
I got my first Hot Toys figure last summer (Aliens Hudson) and have been a fan since then. However, as I'm a 21 year old student without a job, I don't have the funds to buy a lot of Hot Toys figs. I'm a huge Batman fan though and the Takara Bats was my holy grail for a long time. When Hot Toys posted the first pics of the new Bats, I just knew I had to get him, as he looked even better than the Takara version. And as soon as I saw the first in-hand pics on here (I just couldn't pre-order a fig this expensive without being 100% sure the final piece would look like the prototype), I ordered him (from studio_sunny on ebay), making him my second HT purchase and man, am I glad I got him. :D
And after seeing the Bank Robber Joker pics on here, I'm strongly contemplating making him my third HT fig. That Joker is just pure perfection IMO. :google

Anyways, enough about me, so here are some pics I took (since this is the photo thread afterall). :D
Please forgive that some pics are slightly unsharp, I'm still a learner ^^. I want to buy a tripod soon, though.

batman5.png

batman8.png

batman6.png

batman7.png

welcome to the board!!! and bank robber joker will NOT be your last hot toys figure - i can guarantee that!!

great pics too. very cool use of lighting.

Back