Hot Toys - 1/6th scale Darth Vader (Battle Damaged) DX45 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait SS added a Special Edition for the non-Deluxe? That wasn't there when I placed my order or else I would've gotten that.
Really?? So you just pass on the molded cape and helmeted head? Which is almost the same as OWK head anyway, just looks like less damage on the dome.

That may sway me since it's under $400...

After getting Grievous ordered, my dumbass has now wandered to the order page for this guy.

I have over 2 more weeks to get my order in.

It has been, but I might contact them and see what they say.
If it hasn’t been 24 hours yet, you can cancel on the order page and it should tell you the nrd WILL be refunded, before you actually cancel.

If by some chance it isn’t, or 24 hours have passed, your next quest, is to get past the sideshow ambassador to a real support agent, and if you explain you want the same figure, they should be able to refund you, assuming you haven’t a bad track record or anything.

It's funny, Vader's ANH gloves (with the vertical lines) were once the outlier -- meaning, ESB and ROTJ gloves with horizontal lines were the more common. But lately, with this figure, with OWK show and with Rogue One, the good old ANH gloves are now Vader's got-to style... and ESB/ROTJ are now the outliers.

It's funny, Vader's ANH gloves (with the vertical lines) were once the outlier -- meaning, ESB and ROTJ gloves with horizontal lines were the more common. But lately, with this figure, with OWK show and with Rogue One, the good old ANH gloves are now Vader's got-to style... and ESB/ROTJ are now the outliers.
IMG_4371.gif

Yeah I sold a set of HT RO gloves maybe five years ago for a small fortune, now the ANH style in 1/6 are very low-priced - common, and set to get a whole lot more common.

If i am to get this one, i need the special edition exclusive to display him with the shattered helmet TFU style. It would make a nice progression display with OWK Vader cracked mask and ROTJ Vader with helmet off.

When I initially saw the pictures of this, I thought," Yes I am definitely ordering!" But after the initial hype wore off I discovered reasons to pass on this, especially since I need to limit what I buy due to the amount of figures coming up. Keep in mind I recently got the OWK Vader.

This isn't based on an appearance in a movie or TV show, hence the description doesn't state a Hayden Christensen likeness.
While the sculpted cape looks cool, it's sculpted, and I am not purchasing a statue.
The damaged helmeted head that comes with the deluxe looks the same as the one with OWK Vader, only it doesn't have the crack on the dome part, so it only exposes half the face, not the scalp with it. And because it's basically the OWK Vader head, the likeness isn't consistent with the fully exposed head.
Also I have a feeling we'll see a burnt/exposed Anakin from the movie/show in the future.

If I didn't have any Vader at all, then I would consider it, the whole set.
How it stands now IF I were to get it, I'd go for the Non-deluxe special edition. I can do without the sculpted cape, and the "OWK Vader" head. But I could use the piece of the face mask to cover half the face.

Finally they stopped using pleather for their Darth Vader figures, it made no sense. I wish his boots and belt were also pleather free but still... Its great.

Back