Hot Toys 1992 Batman Returns 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The glider is a great addition but if they are indeed doing a straight up reissue of the rubber suit, there is no way I would pose this figure like that.

New head sculpt is great but not enough for me to upgrade from my original release.

Yeah the fact they put together all of these PR images using the old figure cowl/face sculpt leads me to believe they won't be doing any changes in that regard to the cowl and face plates. Still possible they can just remove the back plate and have us adjust eyes under the neck.

The 89 2.0 prototype using the DX09 was only shown at events, and the PR images with the official announcement showed the final updated cowl and sculpt I think.

Love the glider wings.

The base having a swappable Shreck mascot cat head makes me wonder if they aren’t making Catwoman - you’d think that base would be saved for her.

That’s perfectly fine if they don’t make her, Jazz Inc is already dominating their Catwoman that’s coming up for PO at the end of the month.

So far, we’re looking at -

- New Keaton Sculpt
- New eyes in Cowl Sculpt
- ‘89 2.0 Belt
- ‘89 2.0 Cape
- New Base
- Glider Wings somewhat similar to ‘89 2.0

- Old cowl
- Old Bat Emblem
- Old Suit

So far, we’re looking at -

- New Keaton Sculpt
- New eyes in Cowl Sculpt
- ‘89 2.0 Belt
- ‘89 2.0 Cape
- New Base
- Glider Wings somewhat similar to ‘89 2.0

- Old cowl
- Old Bat Emblem
- Old Suit
I agree with everything except with "Glider Wings somewhat similar to ‘89 2.0"
These glider wings are VERY different.
the 89 gliding pose is achieved through insertable poles in the stock cape.
This appears to be a completely different piece and the wings appear to be true "wings" in that they have faux humerus, radius and ulna "bones" supporting the cape/web membrane
Meaning this cannot be the cape seen in other pics making it a completely different thing to the 89 2.0 wing/glider/cape design.
1726804603477.png

Returns 2.0 details:

"The highly-detailed 1/6th scale figure perfectly captures Michael Keaton’s Batman appearance in Batman Returns, featuring a Batman cowled head with separate rolling eyeballs and interchangeable lower faces; a newly developed specialized body that perfectly showcases Batman’s toned physique and is elevated by the newly tailored detailed Batsuit; an additional highly detailed wingsuit to recreate Batman’s wide-open pose aside from black fabric cape; Batman’s gadgets including newly designed line launcher with a pair of zip-lines, grapple gun, batarang, napalm capsules, rocket launch controller, Batmobile remote.​
The Deluxe Version exclusively includes a newly developed Bruce Wayne head sculpt with separate rolling eyeballs system, a damaged Batman cowl, and a highly elaborated rooftop-like diorama figure base with interchangeable accessories."​

1989 2.0 details:

"Meticulous and faithful recreation of Michael Keaton’s remarkable appearance as Batman in Batman (1989), the 1/6th scale figure features a newly developed Batman head with separate rolling eyeballs and interchangeable lower faces techniques design; a specialized body highlighting Batman’s muscular form; the newly designed Batsuit to mimic the material appearance; unique Bat gadgets including grapple gun, gauntlet with line launcher, rope attached batarang, ninja wheels, smoke capsules; also accessories including a white heel shoe, Batmobile remote, bomb timer and punch gear.​
The Deluxe Version offers a highly-detailed diorama base, showing a corner of the ruined church roof with a spinnable sculpted statue also stones in incredible texture and detail, which allows fans to revisit the scene with Batman standing perched on the edge of the roof."​

They only mention "newly developed Batman head" for 1989.

Since I didn't get the 89 2.0, I can put that pretend money towards this. :lol

I've never had a Returns Batman, so this seems like a good start perhaps. Torn cowl OR giant wings display? Tough call...

Back