1/6 Hot Toys 60's Batman figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to nit-pick about Batman's body proportions. Both Batman and Robin are a homerun! Can't wait to see some members of the Rogues Gallery down the road. Gotta have a Cesar Joker to pose with Jack and Heath!

Well, that was gratuitous and pointless.

Agreed. Games like The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption have given me experiences that were just as fulfilling, if not moreso, as the best films, and the Arkham games hold their own with the various interpretations of Batman in other media.

Not going to nit-pick about Batman's body proportions. Both Batman and Robin are a homerun! Can't wait to see some members of the Rogues Gallery down the road. Gotta have a Cesar Joker to pose with Jack and Heath!

I never thought about having all 3 jokers together great idea and I was about to sell my jack joker

Hot Toys should make this:

batman1943.jpg

:monkey3

Only if they make Robin with it.

l.jpg

I would be all over those.

The Arkham City Batman is the best portrayal and attitude of Batman ouside the comics. Though I can't stand the standard skin, I always played iwth the 70's and TDKR skins.

Games like The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption have given me experiences that were just as fulfilling, if not moreso, as the best films, and the Arkham games hold their own with the various interpretations of Batman in other media.

Red Dead Redemption is a much better game with actual substance than any of the Arkham games. It's actually cinematic and not geared towards "big, epic boss battles".

And John Marston was a much better character model (and a better character) than the Arkham Bats.

The Arkham City Batman is the best portrayal and attitude of Batman ouside the comics. Though I can't stand the standard skin, I always played iwth the 70's and TDKR skins.

Yep, the Blue and grey duds are the best.

Agreed but I would want both actors from the serials. Mite mean 4 figures but I'm up for that

Red Dead Redemption is a much better game with actual substance than any of the Arkham games. It's actually cinematic and not geared towards "big, epic boss battles".

And John Marston was a much better character model (and a better character) than the Arkham Bats.

Yep, the Blue and grey duds are the best.

I agree that Red Dead is a better game, and, quite frankly, I'm glad that you acknowledge that; I was getting worried when you generalized all video games as being "childish." With that being said, I think you're cutting the Arkham games a bit shorter than what they deserve. They're genuinely good games, with good stories behind them, and, frankly, you're doing them a disservice.

Neither did I.. But I think the body of Batman from Arkham is doable in real life. Looking at some of the bodies of bodybuilders it's amazing what kinds of shapes the human body is capable of transforming into.

pumpdone_1411328c.jpg

Freak? No, GREEK GOD.

But someone the size of Olympia Arnold isn't going to be able to move with the speed and agility Batman possesses. He would have the build of gymnast.

I agree that Red Dead is a better game, and, quite frankly, I'm glad that you acknowledge that; I was getting worried when you generalized all video games as being "childish." With that being said, I think you're cutting the Arkham games a bit shorter than what they deserve. They're genuinely good games, with good stories behind them, and, frankly, you're doing them a disservice.

They have good game play, that's it. There's nothing special about the story. It's straight forward, round up the bad guys, find the cliched cure, done and done. It's more about the mechanics and fun of gliding around and punching villains to a bloody pulp than it is some compelling story. The only well written part was the Mr. Freeze stages, and I've seen a better version of that idea with Heart of Ice.

Paul Dini has written better Batman stories, look no further than BTAS or the other animated Batman shows that he was involved in. I'm sure he'd even admit that Arkham wasn't his best Batman work.

Anyway, this isn't an Arkham thread, it's the 60s Batman Hot Toys thread. NO MORE ARKHAM DISCUSSION.

But someone the size of Olympia Arnold isn't going to be able to move with the speed and agility Batman possesses. He would have the build of gymnast.

And his shoulder length is still the norm, three noggins long. And his head is still larger than his biceps. And he doesn't have midget arms with crazy huge forearms.

He's proportioned, not a freak.

I hope these go up for Pre-Order soon. Contrary to what these posts might indicate, I hope you can gather from my sig that these really, really, really need to be in my collection.:lol

Doesn't need a compeling story. You are Batman and kicking *** while taking on a large number of thugs at once and fun riddles to solve. The villains are awesome and handled well, especially the take on Two-Face.

RDR is a well done game as well. The ending if one of the best ever.

Are you getting the 60's figures, DiFabio?

Need to see specs/pics and prices. Looks good from what I've seen.

Doesn't need a compeling story. You are Batman and kicking *** while taking on a large number of thugs at once and fun riddles to solve.

Playing as (or being) the friggin' Batman, flying around the city and rounding up criminals > Typical video game story

batman1943.jpg

l.jpg

Me too! Lewis Wilson's Batman and Douglas Croft's Robin and not to mention Robert Lowery's Batman and Johnny Duncan's Robin are all legitimate parts of BATMAN's history and if not HT (though I would prefer them to anyone else) then another high end 1:6 figure maker should do them.

I feel the same about them as I do Kirk Alyn's and George Reeves' versions of Superman, vital to the history of the character.

:impatient::impatient::impatient:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back