Hot Toys Age of Ultron: HULK Figure -MMS287

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just out of curiosity as not been unlucky enough to have a faulty item yet (touch wood) how good are Sideshow at replacing faulty items and does it take a long time? Just wondering as live in the UK and worry it might be a lot of hassle!

Well i only had to do it once for an iron man torso and it wasnt that hard at all to get a new one sent to me. I dont know about this figure though as it really big and i need a new smash torso and a new reg torso with arms. I wont be able to find out anything till monday though. :gah:

Well i only had to do it once for an iron man torso and it wasnt that hard at all to get a new one sent to me. I dont know about this figure though as it really big and i need a new smash torso and a new reg torso with arms. I wont be able to find out anything till monday though. :gah:

Nothing to worry about. Worst case senario they'll refund you and you just buy another one.

Yeah well about that, i used rp so buying another one wouldnt be as easy a second time. I would much rather get a replacement either by parts or a whole new set.

Just out of curiosity as not been unlucky enough to have a faulty item yet (touch wood) how good are Sideshow at replacing faulty items and does it take a long time? Just wondering as live in the UK and worry it might be a lot of hassle!

I haven't either thankfully. I'm in Ireland so I'd have similar concerns. I imagine they would still replace it as normal and from what I read on here its pretty consistent and good service. I'm not sure if you'd have to pay postage back or how that works :dunno

I've had stuff replaced with no problems. I live in the States though so not sure how much hassle it would be for you guys outside.
I was missing the proper right saber holding hand for Prequel Yoda. Replaced after a couple weeks.
Also had a bat ear bent in the box of my DX12 along with a torn and bashed in box. They replaced all of those and sent a few extras along with it. Not sure if it was by mistake but a bonus either way. No problems getting replacements yet. Sometimes they'll send you an email about your replacement saying they have had a lot of requests and will fill your request as soon as more stock comes in but other than that they come through every time.

I'll wait as needed as long as i get new torso's, i want the figure and i dont want be without it now. Just hope the next ones are more durable and dont break on me too. I almost dont feel like switching torso's anymore, not worth the risk.

Surely that can't be right!

nielsenairplaneshirley350.jpg

Well i just hope ssc is understanding and wont give me a big hassle for an exchange. I am a little more nervous now since i have to tell theam that both torso's have something wrong with them. :panic:
I didn't use any unnecessary force on the smash torso, i thought i felt it go on in and then i heard the snapping sound instead. Tell me did your guy's smash torso have a hard time going in/on?

Why should SS have to foot the bill for a replacement torso? when you broke the figure. I understand about the arm problem but you were the one that broke the torso on your own so doesn't seem fair they should have to replace it.

Why should SS have to foot the bill for a replacement torso? when you broke the figure. I understand about the arm problem but you were the one that broke the torso on your own so doesn't seem fair they should have to replace it.

Sounds like he applied pressure at an angle which causes the snap. Did any pieces fell off?

I agree with you. Actually think if the arm was working, then he played with it and it broke, well that's not on ssc either. BUT that's not the way people expect it. And ssc is extremely good about helping.

People wonder why other stores are a bit cheaper, or why figures cost what they do. This type of stuff adds to it for sure. And you know it's not just one person. And with the way it's done, they don't just offer a refund, usually it's replacement...well that stuff costs money to make too. Lol

I'm sure people will be irked by these ideas.

I agree with you. Actually think if the arm was working, then he played with it and it broke, well that's not on ssc either. BUT that's not the way people expect it. And ssc is extremely good about helping.

People wonder why other stores are a bit cheaper, or why figures cost what they do. This type of stuff adds to it for sure. And you know it's not just one person. And with the way it's done, they don't just offer a refund, usually it's replacement...well that stuff costs money to make too. Lol

I'm sure people will be irked by these ideas.

And companies don't produce additional parts for replacements, just full figures if I'm not wrong.

I dont know why the torso broke on the smash one, and no it wasnt done at any weird angle i had the figure flat on my lap. As for the bad arm i dont know about that one either as i barely even posed it, the arms have been at their side mostly. No weird extreme poses. Well i hope something can be done as i am in a bad way here and that thing was 360 dollars. I have been waiting a long time for this to come out and i cant just be stuck like this.

I dont know why the torso broke on the smash one, and no it wasnt done at any weird angle i had the figure flat on my lap. As for the bad arm i dont know about that one either as i barely even posed it, the arms have been at their side mostly. No weird extreme poses. Well i hope something can be done as i am in a bad way here and that thing was 360 dollars. I have been waiting a long time for this to come out and i cant just be stuck like this.

Very well could be some issue in manufacturing. But it could also be something else.

And I wouldn't tell ssc you broke it but it was not your fualt becuase it was flat, on your lap. Unless you are a table, Laps are not exactly flat. Nor stable. They give a bit and are round.

Well i just mean it was straight enough and not at angle. I dont know what im going to do if they dont help me.

I'm sure they will. Sideshow is really great with stuff like that. I was just making a point about how hard running a business is and how things are taken for granted.

As long as you don't have a crazy history of returns or replacements they will help. Don't stress it

Back