Hot Toys Age of Ultron: HULK Figure -MMS287

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not feeling the new Hulk. That angry sculpt looks waaay derpy and the while the raised arm torso is nice it takes up too much height for my liking on display. May search for some Hulk Yoga pants for my first Avengers version. No need to upgrade for me but congrats to those getting it.

The new color is not flattering either, wow didn't realize it is so light green and shiny.

Is.....that the only picture you've seen till now? Obviously the color distortion is due to the flash.

DSC_6936.jpg

Flash works both ways there, same subjects in the picture. It's obviously lighter colored than the original. Nice pic but I have one just as nice and more green on the shelf and less "bulge". lol I'd try to fix those pants and the knee joint.

Guess I am just more partial to having my hulk look more like he stepped out of the comics and not like he just stepped out of a LuLu Lemon. :)

Something i never really thought about the other day when i was watching AoU, ruffalo's hair. Why is it when he's banner he has that long puffy hair and then he's hulk and he has this reall short hair. Never thought about it.

Flash works both ways there, same subjects in the picture. It's obviously lighter colored than the original. Nice pic but I have one just as nice and more green on the shelf and less "bulge". lol I'd try to fix those pants and the knee joint.

Guess I am just more partial to having my hulk look more like he stepped out of the comics and not like he just stepped out of a LuLu Lemon. :)

Hmm, guess you have to stick to statues then as these are made just for the movies.

No, I have a fantastic representation of the movie Avengers Hulk, which happens to be more true to the comics and statues than this one.:). Just because something is newer doesn't automatically make it better.

Do you own the first Avengers Hulk?

No, I have a fantastic representation of the movie Avengers Hulk, which happens to be more true to the comics and statues than this one.:). Just because something is newer doesn't automatically make it better.

Do you own the first Avengers Hulk?

Yeah, I have the A1 hulk.

Then if you have both then you should definitely know it's more green than the AoU version. Take a pic and post if you have them together. It would be interesting to see a good contrast up close.

I don't have to take a picture :lol it's so obvious when you have then on hand.

Why argue about it? If you don't like the new Hulk don't sweat it. Many like the new one and see it as an improvement.I sold my a1 to get the deluxe version an! Have zero regrets and more options. Also I don't have to worry about the figure staining because of unnecessary biker shorts. The new one has more detail, pants that are probably more durable, two head sculpt, and a rock in smash pose.IMO Sometimes newer is better

From what I gathered on FB and forums, what's keeping A1 Hulk owners from making the jump are
1) the green tonality
2) battered pants
3) screaming HS (so many unflattering pics out there! Looks great on-hand)

For HT Hulk's case, the A2 has the same body mould with improved "deluxe" HS.
Personally, I like the screaming HS so went for A2 Hulk. No money to get Deluxe version.

A1 Hulk is good for its time, but there is no need to get 2 Hulks unless you're a total Hulk fan :)

From what I gathered on FB and forums, what's keeping A1 Hulk owners from making the jump are 1) the green tonality , 2) torn pants and 3) screaming HS

Personally, I like the screaming HS so went for A2 Hulk. No money to get Deluxe version.

A1 Hulk is good for its time, but there is no need to get 2 Hulks unless you're a total Hulk fan :)

Does anyone not know that the color scheme and design of this Hulk is according to the movie? What are the complaints about the skin tone and pants for?

I think most people's gripes are from the difference to the comics colors or the more traditional view of the hulk

I've seen it from various shots and videos and they all portray it a little different but I don't mind. I did at first but not anymore. I like the new deluxe head sculpt better than the A1 sculpt and I actually like the new yoga pants more I think. They hide the knee joints better also and you don't have the annoying waistline/zipper issue.

I think most people's gripes are from the difference to the comics colors or the more traditional view of the hulk

That's the thing that I don't understand, this figure is portraying cinematic universe Hulk, why the compliant about accuracies to the comics??

I actually really like the AoU pants because its his team uniform! And the color seems screen accurate and I like that its more toned down green. I'm reserving judgement on the screaming sculpt till I see it in hand next week.

From what I gathered on FB and forums, what's keeping A1 Hulk owners from making the jump are
1) the green tonality
2) battered pants
3) screaming HS (so many unflattering pics out there! Looks great on-hand)

The only reason i'm not making the jump is i have already have a Hulk don't and need another one. If i did not have one i would be perfectly happy picking this one up.

I think the new hulk is an upgrade
Better sculpt, can get smashing pose, better paint(veins)

As an owner of version 1, my main issue is the cost of selling and buying the new one
Also, I also prefer the darker green

Back