Hot Toys Avengers Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thor -- needs to be bigger this time. If he does wear the helmet at all, a change-o head would be preferred. I like the look of the hair better in this movie than in the last.
Black Widow -- I hope this one has the long hair option. Passed on the last one due to the Barbie hair. I think it's probably easier to get away with shorter "real" hair.
Cap -- will of course be in the new suit. Unmasked version this time would be nice.
Hulk -- just be cool.
Iron Man -- If suit is not that much different I probably won't get.
Hawkeye -- We'll see (character is getting a lot of play, JR could come out of the movie with another career bump)
Fury -- SLJ.

Agree completely on each point. Although I would feel better about buying a female figure if the hair was scultped. I want a BW figure but I passed because of the hair too.

I think HT will make amends on the Thor body. Although, I liked what they did with the first one.

I'm definitely not passing on the IM. I like the new look.

I'm collecting them all. And as for Fury-SLJ. All that needs to be said.

I'll probably just get Iron Man. As much as I love the idea of having the whole team I don't really enjoy realistic humans as toys. The Hulk being more of a monster would be something I'd consider if… and I know this is blasphemy to some… I actually was a Hulk fan at all.

I'll probably just get Iron Man. As much as I love the idea of having the whole team I don't really enjoy realistic humans as toys. The Hulk being more of a monster would be something I'd consider if… and I know this is blasphemy to some… I actually was a Hulk fan at all.

I totally get that. I wasn't either when I was solely an IM collector. Now that the movies have come out other than IM, I've gotten much more excited about of the human toys.

Maybe I'm the only one but I'd like to see Thor with "barbie" hair, but a good job not as seen on BW figure....

One of the things that I didn't like about the first Thor figure was the hair.... so simple and make him looks like a retard god... Also the figure was announced BEFORE the movie was released, another GREAT fail.

My Avengers list!

-I've no intention of getting the Mark VII, already have Mark IV. But, if it's worth it maybe I'll get it... but 80% not.
-I'll get Thor, I've been waiting for the Avengers version, 100%
-I pretend to keep my Captain America aswell so 80% of passing
-Hulk! Is my big dilema.... If he is made of rubber probably it'll have many issues in the future, on the other hand if it's similar to Avatar Jake Sully figure I don't like the visible joints... lol I get owned :lol
-BW, Nick fury, Hawkeye= pass

I'm using HT Iron man Mark IV as my iconic Iron Man, I just don't really dig the Mark V or VI or VII now that I've seen it.

I have the HT Thor, and depending on if he gets an Avengers makeover by HT...which he most likely will...I may sell that one and get the new one

My Cap will be on the way to me after my last payment on the 20th and I'll keep him forever---love the outfit from Captain America, and I like the updated outfit in the new movie so I'll probably buy him

I SERIOUSLY doubt I'll pick up a Black Widow or a Hawkeye, but if they do HULK and do him without a rubber body I will probably get him.

I'm kind of surprised HT hasn't said more about who they're giving the treatment, the movie is just right around the bend now.

I think the III is a better design overall. It's still my favorite of the armors. Really hoping they do do another one. I like the IV for it's differentness from the III but it's more over detailed and actually less streamlined. It's still a great design, just not quite as good as the III imo.

Then you should buy a COMIC figure, like the Marvel Icons line, not the one from Hot Toys...

No, I should expect a nearly $200 figure to represent the character and the actor. Hemsworth is considerably larger than the other actors so the figures shouldn't be the same size. If neither body is accurate, one too small and one too large, I would rather go with the larger one that suits the character better.

No, I should expect a nearly $200 figure to represent the character and the actor. Hemsworth is considerably larger than the other actors so the figures shouldn't be the same size. If neither body is accurate, one too small and one too large, I would rather go with the larger one that suits the character better.

I agree 100% some of these people act like $200 a figure is nothing...stupid when Hot Toys whole statement is accuracy almost to life, why would we expect them not to make them height proportioned.

I agree 100% some of these people act like $200 a figure is nothing...stupid when Hot Toys whole statement is accuracy almost to life, why would we expect them not to make them height proportioned.

I agree that $200 is a ton for a toy. But all the specs on every figure are released before they are available. If you don't like the height, body, color or any other detail, JUST DON'T BUY IT.

Agree completely on each point. Although I would feel better about buying a female figure if the hair was scultped. I want a BW figure but I passed because of the hair too.

I think HT will make amends on the Thor body. Although, I liked what they did with the first one.

I'm definitely not passing on the IM. I like the new look.

I'm collecting them all. And as for Fury-SLJ. All that needs to be said.

:goodpost::exactly:

Wrong thread, I know. But still related to the film...

2012-02-16_13-47-03_63.jpg

photobucket-20571-1329418920528.jpg

photobucket-16357-1329418877767.jpg

2012-02-16_13-46-07_568.jpg

I agree that $200 is a ton for a toy. But all the specs on every figure are released before they are available. If you don't like the height, body, color or any other detail, JUST DON'T BUY IT.

Well of course I wouldn't buy something I don't like...That isn't the point, its that for the amount they are charging for them having everything so detailed and thats what they take pride in, why not make them a bit closer to scale? I personally think it would look really stupid if you have a Hulk next to Capt. America and he is the same height...

They wouldnt make Hulk on the same body as Cap or Thor but if they a different body for every "human" character the figures would cost at least twice as much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back