Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the three tier time clock digital display does not light up on the HT version??

No, it does not light up!

:(:thud:

First Hot Toys don't make Doc (well not yet) Then they release a teaser of BTTF2 Marty and we see hear nothing more. Now they cant even bung a LED behind the time circuit display. :gah:
Talk about a half assed effort at this licence from Hot Toys.

:(:thud:

First Hot Toys don't make Doc (well not yet) Then they release a teaser of BTTF2 Marty and we see hear nothing more. Now they cant even bung a LED behind the time circuit display. :gah:
Talk about a half assed effort at this licence from Hot Toys.

Yep a real cluster- I'm sorry I'm extremely disapponted. Guess HT looked at Marty's lackluster sales and said STOP on the money being spent on the final product and just went with a cheaper version(lacking those extra features and details)

The official description says:

Interior features:
- Two (2) seaters
- One (1) flux capacitor with LED light-up function
- One (1) set of time circuits
- Detailed components with LED light-up function

Which components are they referring to?

The official description says:

Interior features:
- Two (2) seaters
- One (1) flux capacitor with LED light-up function
- One (1) set of time circuits
- Detailed components with LED light-up function

Which components are they referring to?
Probably this... I'd rather have the LED light up behind the time circuit than this middle ceiling..
Screenshot_2015-12-29-21-12-39.jpg

Attachments

• 150753b5q5vzzwvdr9xssz.jpg
    150753b5q5vzzwvdr9xssz.jpg
    66.2 KB
Honestly, Hot toys not lighting up the time circuits was a bad move on their part. Things like head lights, tail lights, flux capacitor and the time circuits should be a given. They should've ignored the obscure center roof control panel and lit up the time circuits instead.

Last edited:
Whats the chances theyve kept it lacking so that the hover one will be so much more amazing? After all, so many people have said they will wait for the hover one that HT maybe decided not to waste more time on the mk1 which could be why it got released ahead a schedule.

Personally, I starting to doubt we will even see the hover one and if we do, it wont be for a few years. HT are too concerned with the marvel/dc/star wars lines than anything else. Youll see the batmobile and the batwing from bats v supes long before the hover delorean.

I think it overall looks decent but the fact that it's missing some details is slightly disappointing. It seems like some of it is unfinished or something.

Yep a real cluster- I'm sorry I'm extremely disapponted. Guess HT looked at Marty's lackluster sales and said STOP on the money being spent on the final product and just went with a cheaper version(lacking those extra features and details)

I know it comes down to design but isn't this already much more detailed than either the Tumbler or Batmobile? Maybe HT decided to cut its losses. Pro - maybe this will stick around long enough to be hugely discounted. Con - forget about a flying DeLorean.

Not including the lightning rod or the leds behind the time circuits is just pure laziness from hot toys point of view.It would have been easy for them to include these features. After seeing the new batman versus superman batmobile my mind was made up not to go with the delorean, seeing this close up and with the lack of details has made my mind up for me.

Last edited:

Yeah, that's what happened to 1966 TV Batmobile cause the sales for the figures were so bad they scratched the project for the car. The way this car appears now it is 1 step higher than a cheap hasbro/kenner vehicle with no lights/sounds but a huge sticker price.

Do any of you guys know about cancellation rights ?
After no time circuit lights and lightening rod I have decided it's just not worth the asking price anymore.
I have it on flex payments , do I only lose my deposit and the rest of the payments are refunded ?

Not worth the money- just too many corners cut- it is nice but not $700 plus nice. They really went cheap on it because they know sales will be lukewarm at best. Really crappy but maybe it'll show up at a discount.

I would just wait a week cause people in Hong Kong and Australia are starting to receive this and somebody will do a full review. You need to be sure to cancel cause who knows if SS will give you back your money on NRD.

Great discussion in that vid. I know one of the other reasons i have decided not to go with either the deloreans hot toys releases is because i am tired of hot toys messing around. I mean like really... showing pics of the marty mcfly part 2 and the (obviously superior) delorean part 2 when the first one is not even out for sale. Silly really. I can understand what those guys are saying in the video but disagree that we need to buy a delorean now just so they make a second one. Imo they shouldn't tease an item if they aren't gonna release it. I mean they are killing their own chances of making profit because people are obviously gonna hold out for the second one. Makes no sense..

Honestly, Hot toys not lighting up the time circuits was a bad move on their part. Things like head lights, tail lights, flux capacitor and the time circuits should be a given. They should've ignored the obscure center roof control panel and lit up the time circuits instead.

I know ridiculous even the diamond select 1/15 scale $49.99 delorean has light up time circuits in it.

Last edited:
Back