Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So despite being in the 2017 HT catalogue we think there is little chance of them actually making the hover Delorean?

So despite being in the 2017 HT catalogue we think there is little chance of them actually making the hover Delorean?

Well the 66 batmobile, ASM2 rhino and the aliens power loader (to name a few) have been in their catalogues and we know what happened to them. Its only a guarenteed release if it gets to the pre order stage.

To me it seems strange that marty and doc have gone up for PO yet the delorean hasnt. It doesnt require much re tooling since 90% of the car already exists and there seems to be no difference between the part 1 and part 2 incarnations apart from the wheels folding, mr fusion and the light up vents/wheels/underneath. Everything else, including the interior, look to be exactly the same. If the hover wheels are like the prototype, i think i will pass as they are awful. I would rather spend what will most likely be £700+ on something else. HT should be able to create something more movie accurate simply by implementing swappable wheels.

Why cant companies just stop with the folding wheels and just do swap out wheels. If it was RC then cool, but its a static model where you will see it in one state or another and not the inbetween. Who cares if the wheels actually fold down? I want to see screen accuracy more.

Well the 66 batmobile, ASM2 rhino and the aliens power loader (to name a few) have been in their catalogues and we know what happened to them. Its only a guarenteed release if it gets to the pre order stage.

To me it seems strange that marty and doc have gone up for PO yet the delorean hasnt. It doesnt require much re tooling since 90% of the car already exists and there seems to be no difference between the part 1 and part 2 incarnations apart from the wheels folding, mr fusion and the light up vents/wheels/underneath. Everything else, including the interior, look to be exactly the same. If the hover wheels are like the prototype, i think i will pass as they are awful. I would rather spend what will most likely be £700+ on something else. HT should be able to create something more movie accurate simply by implementing swappable wheels.

Why cant companies just stop with the folding wheels and just do swap out wheels. If it was RC then cool, but its a static model where you will see it in one state or another and not the inbetween. Who cares if the wheels actually fold down? I want to see screen accuracy more.

It's frustrating not knowing. I assume the price of the part 1 DeLorean will rise year on year like the more sought after DX figures. The sooner I buy it the less it will likely cost me but then what do I do if they then bring out the hover version I really want. Wish they'd just say one way or the other if its likely to happen.

If Doc and Marty sells well it will come.

Since my car is in 1000 pieces at the moment and when i look at the parts i would say they planned two versions of the DeLorean from the start.

But if they release a part two version and its not more screen accurate i will pass.

But if they release a part two version and its not more screen accurate i will pass.

Looking at the pictures, I would say it will need all the mods the part 1 needed. Tbh, im getting out of this hobby. Part 2 marty and doc are the last figs im getting

Looking at the pictures, I would say it will need all the mods the part 1 needed. Tbh, im getting out of this hobby. Part 2 marty and doc are the last figs im getting
Would you get doc, Marty, Clara if they decided to do it?

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

I would buy Clara just to burn the figure [emoji38]

I hate her (not the real person of course)!
I'd get her just to complete the set. I read somewhere that they are maybe doing the posters. So if that's the case. I'm getting it all.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

Possibly but i think part 2 will be the end of the line.

I tend to agree with you and think it will be the end of the line for BTTF. Hot toys business model is moving further and further away from the 80's classics we all know and love and unfortunately BTTF is no exception.

I tend to agree with you and think it will be the end of the line for BTTF. Hot toys business model is moving further and further away from the 80's classics we all know and love and unfortunately BTTF is no exception.

Shame really. But money talks. And with part 2 and 3 just being reworks of what already there or prototypes why not finish the run?

I think it will work against them though if they don't see through on OT Star Wars figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm gonna go ahead and try and get the part 1 Delorean. Could be months before we know anything about the hover version and years before release. Is there anyway to get this outside of eBay or is that my only route now?

I think you do right. It is better to get the part 1 instead of waiting an hypotetical part II version witch maybe won't be ever made. When you look at the HT 1/6 vehicules politic right now, i would not take the risk.
After it is a personnal opinion and if i'm not a die hard fan of the trilogy, i always thought that the part I car is the coolest and the most iconic.

I think you do right. It is better to get the part 1 instead of waiting an hypotetical part II version witch maybe won't be ever made. When you look at the HT 1/6 vehicules politic right now, i would not take the risk.
After it is a personnal opinion and if i'm not a die hard fan of the trilogy, i always thought that the part I car is the coolest and the most iconic.

Yes that is my thinking to, the price of the part 1 car on the secondary market is only going to increase over time especially if another version is not made. If they do make the hover version I can always sell the part 1 car and probably make my money back.

duo_maxwell_1017 said:
Thank you so much!
That works out at about £539 according to latest currency rates. The inevitable import tax will likely take that above £600 but cheapest I see it for on eBay is about £650 before any tax. The pound jumped a little after yesterdays election announcement so now may be a good time to buy. Sadly can't find it anywhere instock around Europe.

That works out at about £539 according to latest currency rates. The inevitable import tax will likely take that above £600 but cheapest I see it for on eBay is about £650 before any tax. The pound jumped a little after yesterdays election announcement so now may be a good time to buy. Sadly can't find it anywhere instock around Europe.

There was one for £550 on Collectibles Direct the other day and they come up on ebay from time to time for that price.

Your calculation is a bit out. At that price of £539, Tax will be an extra £107. So £646. Plus handling charge of around £15. Plus shipping of $150. So, £778 all in (at least). That's not a good price for the UK.

There was one for £550 on Collectibles Direct the other day and they come up on ebay from time to time for that price.

Your calculation is a bit out. At that price of £539, Tax will be an extra £107. So £646. Plus handling charge of around £15. Plus shipping of $150. So, £778 all in (at least). That's not a good price for the UK.

Ahh crap! :lol
That's an insane shipping price, forgot to take that into account. :slap

It's hard to keep checking every retailer all the time. I imagine as soon as one turns up it sells in a matter of hours. If anyone in Europe has one in mint condition for around £600 I'd be very interested. :)

Back