Hot Toys Bane Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im so excited defo pre order as soon as available i hope they nail this its the only one i want from dkr line

Interested in specs and price point but I am in no rush to pre-order. My guess is this like everything else will be available for some time.

Yep... I pretty much stopped pre-ordering figures these days. You can find them at cost or slightly less on ebay anyways.

And they were oh, so right :1-1:
tumblr_lskgscoGIs1qd5giho1_400.jpg

every time HT shows a prototype for a figure before the full figure is shown, it means there will be a rerelease with upgrades in the future. they will use lame excuses to justify the milking like "oh, we didn't know joker's face would look like that since we produced the prototype before the movie was released". better off waiting and getting the better version instead of spending $350+ for the same character.

I looked over a few pics after this teaser from Hot Toys, even watched the prologue and trailer again and I just can't, for the life of me, get into Bane. I even poured over articles about Hardy's performance. If anything, it feels like I'm trying to force a reason to be interested in this figure because "holy ____, it's a Batman movie, the sequel to the Dark Knight", not because I'm actually interested.

For me, the best part of this film so far was when it was here in Pittsburgh and I got to participate. There was genuine excitement during the summer. Around this stage in 2008 I was quoting tons of ____ from the first trailer, mostly from the Joker and I was eagerly anticipating July 18th. With this one, it feels like I'm forcing myself to like it. I'm looking forward to the film, especially when it comes to Batman but Bane and Catwoman have done absolutely nothing for me so far. I remember when we got wind of Two-Face being in it and I couldn't wait. With Hathaway Catwoman? I don't even care and I ____ing love the character of Catwoman.

Hate to be a buzz kill to the party but I'm hyped out (this is coming from a guy who went insane during 2008). Feels like the supposed greatness of this film is contrived already, and this "EARLY FIGURE RELEASE" proves that. Way too early. Aren't they worried that people will be spent before the film even comes out? Just give me another Ledger Joker DX 2.0 and a "redo" TDK Batman already.

I looked over a few pics after this teaser from Hot Toys, even watched the prologue and trailer again and I just can't, for the life of me, get into Bane. I even poured over articles about Hardy's performance. If anything, it feels like I'm trying to force a reason to be interested in this figure because "holy ____, it's a Batman movie, the sequel to the Dark Knight", not because I'm actually interested.

For me, the best part of this film so far was when it was here in Pittsburgh and I got to participate. There was genuine excitement during the summer. Around this stage in 2008 I was quoting tons of ____ from the first trailer, mostly from the Joker and I was eagerly anticipating July 18th. With this one, it feels like I'm forcing myself to like it. I'm looking forward to the film, especially when it comes to Batman but Bane and Catwoman have done absolutely nothing for me so far. I remember when we got wind of Two-Face being in it and I couldn't wait. With Hathaway Catwoman? I don't even care and I ____ing love the character of Catwoman.

Hate to be a buzz kill to the party but I'm hyped out (this is coming from a guy who went insane during 2008). Feels like the supposed greatness of this film is contrived already, and this "EARLY FIGURE RELEASE" proves that. Way too early. Aren't they worried that people will be spent before the film even comes out? Just give me another Ledger Joker DX 2.0 and a "redo" TDK Batman already.

Maybe your just subconsciously preparing yourself to not expect TDKR to be as good as TDK. Which is fine. Wait till after the movie or at least the next trailer to see if you can get on the hype train.

I can see why people are wary of bane and Tom Harry's portrayal of the character. I honestly think there is nothing to worry about Tom hardy is a fantastic actor and anyone who doubts it needs to watch Bronson as a character reference.

The guy plays psychotic villains very convincingly, I remember when Heath ledger was announced as the joker everyone scoffed and said what!!! The guy from brokeback mountain.....oh dear...well how wrong we were all proven there.

He will be amazing I think nothing like what we have seen before, a fresh Nolan style take on a well known character

Yeah, you're feeling the right way :hi5:

Bane is a lame-o character anyway, as far as Bat-villains go. He was created in the *shudder* 1990s, and just isn't as nifty and "iconic" as
your Penguins, Riddlers, and Clock Kings of the world. Shame on Nolan for not giving us Clock King. SHAME.

Nolan will give us a special film. Alot will praise it- alot will be disappointed. It will be memorable no matter what.
I'm itching to get Bane version 1 or 2 or whatever..!

I can see why people are wary of bane and Tom Harry's portrayal of the character. I honestly think there is nothing to worry about Tom hardy is a fantastic actor and anyone who doubts it needs to watch Bronson as a character reference.

The guy plays psychotic villains very convincingly, I remember when Heath ledger was announced as the joker everyone scoffed and said what!!! The guy from brokeback mountain.....oh dear...well how wrong we were all proven there.

He will be amazing I think nothing like what we have seen before, a fresh Nolan style take on a well known character

Nolan will give us a special film. Alot will praise it- alot will be disappointed. It will be memorable no matter what.
I'm itching to get Bane version 1 or 2 or whatever..!

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

I didn't say I was worried or wary. Hardy probably will be good, I just can't get into it.

Bane appears to be this terrorist mastermind with a cult of followers who wants to destroy Batman (in every aspect) by destroying Gotham. I get that. His attire is that of a man who lives off the land and travels. He wears a mask for his survival as well as intimidation purposes. He'll most likely reveals the scandal that Batman and Gordon covered up with Dent and goes off on this "class" agenda to make the poor rise up against the rich, all while threatening the city with a magical orb of destruction. He'll, at some point beat Bruce Wayne only to have him come back as Batman. There will probably be something poetic with his mask that enables Batman to beat Bane.

Perfectly understood.

It has yet to wow or interest me though. He appears to be better than the comic character of Bane but I don't even care. When I first saw the prologue, I liked the action plane sequence but in context with every new tidbit, meh. I did like some of his lines though, especially some of his lolzy deliveries like "the FIRA RIZES".

I remember when Heath ledger was announced as the joker everyone scoffed and said what!!! The guy from brokeback mountain.....oh dear...well how wrong we were all proven there.

Eh, at this stage (January 25th) I couldn't get enough of The Dark Knight or Ledger as the Joker. I was looking for any tidbit of info I could find and watching "Trailer 1" and the prologue repeatedly. I had no concerns. I still remember playing all those viral games.

https://www.whysoserious.com/redballoons/

Difabio you just need to take a break and just see the film when it comes out ;)

I thought the same, but taking a break is unavoidable. It's everywhere. On websites, now Hot Toys and even in the freaking Pittsburgh Post Gazette atleast once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back