Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

From HT FB:

16482447569183734358690.jpg

It almost looks like one of those fan mockups. Couple that with the fact I can't still believe this is happening: :thud:

Such brilliant news.

Finally a Jack Nicholson figure,you know what this means right?
SHINING!!!!Oh please HT make it happen:pray:

GREAT NEWS.

Please, Hot Toys, give us an alternate head smiling. Joker needs that.

Yeah, the cape and the cowl as well may pose some unique challenges.
I'm all for the cowl being cast as a single piece, no neck articulation, to keep the look and poseablity of the figure accurate.
The cape is actually 7 different panels sewn together. If they approach it that way they should get an accurate drap as long as the material is thin enough,

It's actually 8 panels and it's not stitched together. The latex part of the cape (the outside) is one solid sheet and the inner fabric panels are held together with it.

Something I hope they do get right is the fact that the leather grain and the seams are positive not negative, meaning they are raised rather than in relief.

I am absolutely stoked with this license!

....he looks incredibly dorky in that pic imo...

Look at my avatar and sig, especially my sig. Does Batman look dorky there?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Here comes the highly expected Batman (1989) movie license!

Amid much negotiation and many difficulties, Hot Toys is finally granted the likeness right of the renowned actor Jack Nicholson to produce the collectible figure of his character in the movie.

As many ones may know, it is very difficult to get it and it is only granted for Hot Toys, thanks to the quality standard being recognized! Though it is difficult to get it, it is worth because we can bring such great collectible figure to our fans! So fans, please stay tuned our update in 2011

Oh. My. GOD.

so-much-win.jpg

Hot Toys is finally granted the likeness right of the renowned actor Jack Nicholson to produce the collectible figure of his character in the movie.
tumblr_kuk5s6jTjg1qa1xnko1_500.gif

YEEEEEEEEEES!!! :yess::panic::hi5:

Words cannot describe how much joy I have about this news!!! I think that id want an Uncle Bingo suit, top hat, feather pen and head sculpt as the alternate clothing change :lol

but if not, I ain't complaining cause I can't wait!!! :panic:

It's actually 8 panels and it's not stitched together. The latex part of the cape (the outside) is one solid sheet and the inner fabric panels are held together with it.

Something I hope they do get right is the fact that the leather grain and the seams are positive not negative, meaning they are raised rather than in relief.

I am absolutely stoked with this license!

Yes, 8, sorry. And I did not know that about the construction. Interesting.
In that scale as long as HT can match the overall look of the cape it wouldn't matter to me personally which way the grain went. I just want it to lay naturally and have a leathery appearance.

Nygma must never have been breastfed hence his obsession with the Schumacher Bat-suits. :dunno

Nipple Bat-suit = Freud

Does this mean no DX?

Who cares? We got the go on the figures. Does it matter if they slap a DX tagging on it or not? What does that really mean?
Finally a Jack Nicholson figure,you know what this means right?
SHINING!!!!Oh please HT make it happen:pray:

Good point, good point, sir.

Yes, 8, sorry. And I did not know that about the construction. Interesting.
In that scale as long as HT can match the overall look of the cape it wouldn't matter to me personally which way the grain went. I just want it to lay naturally and have a leathery appearance.

Yes, the lay is the most important thing, getting exact texture or mirroring the construction of the real cape means nothing if it does lay on him right. That's the first detail to make look right.

So glad to have official confirmation that this is a figure line that will indeed include Nicholson Joker, and I imagine the portrait(s) will be something really incredible since I'm sure it'll have to be to get approval for production.

It'd be really cool if Hot Toys wired the divisions in the cape like the prop cape.

Who cares? We got the go on the figures. Does it matter if they slap a DX tagging on it or not? What does that really mean?

Good point, good point, sir.

I'm not complaining.I was just curious is all.Being that the DX is pretty much reserved for their flagship figures.And the Jack Joker is a pretty big accomplishment for them.Also, with Jack Joker,I think that the PERS would come in handy,considering how much the characters expression was based on his eyes.

Awesome! Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back