Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

Whatever, I won't lie. It's not offensive or as corny as Batman and Robin, it has some psychological/great popcorn flick quality to it that I can't describe.

I remember that summer of '95, the mcdonalds glasses, the great character movie posters, the hype, the warner bros store. It was a good time.

I don't like it as much as Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Begins or The Dark Knight mind you, but I do enjoy it. It's disappointing that a decent film like Forever, that everyone seemingly loved in the beginning ended up getting lumped in with Batman and Robin in the end.

Whatever, I won't lie. It's not offensive or as corny as Batman and Robin, it has some psychological/great popcorn flick quality to it that I can't describe.

I remember that summer of '95, the mcdonalds glasses, the great character movie posters, the hype, the warner bros store. It was a good time.

I don't like it as much as Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Begins or The Dark Knight mind you, but I do enjoy it. It's disappointing that a decent film like Forever, that everyone seemingly loved in the beginning ended up getting lumped in with Batman and Robin in the end.

Nah dude, just lie :lol

See what you went and did, i'm heading to Netflix to give it a spin. :horror

Haven't seen this sucker in a very long time. :panic:

My DX wants:

PERS ...obviously.

Switch out face plates including a bloodied post Batwing crash plate and switch out damaged bat chest emblem.

Speargun, gauntlet and batarang.

Batcave cardboard backdrop.

Opening scene rooftop display base.

Make it so Hot Toys. :lecture

My DX wants:

PERS ...obviously.

Switch out face plates including a bloodied post Batwing crash plate and switch out damaged bat chest emblem.

You're just missing one key ingredient. You'd also need one of your awesome custom shelves. I'll be finally contacting you for one when the time comes. :wink1:

Im guessing HT has already started sculpting these guys.

Sorry if I'm a lazy bastard and don't read through the thread, but have people started posting nice reference pics for the suit?
From what I remember it was quite cumbersome and mostly just rubber.
Should be a nightmare for posing and durability.

Very interested to see how HT tackle this.

Because of the way the armor plates are positioned on the undersuit it should be much more poseable than, say, the Batman Begins figure. If the pleatherish undersuit isn't done right though, that's gonna be what hinders most of the movement.

My DX wants:

PERS ...obviously.

A decent compromise, but personally, I'd like to have a full swap out cowl head that has damage to the cowl as well as his face, as the emblem even took a beating. I especially want as beat up as possible because unless TDKR changes things, this is still the only time Batman's ever taken a beating and shown it on film and I like that, I don't like him looking invinvible. The stabbing from Catwoman and the dog bite in TDK weren't much.

B891.jpg

B892.jpg

B893.jpg

B894.jpg

Sorry if I'm a lazy bastard and don't read through the thread, but have people started posting nice reference pics for the suit?

This is the nicest lit shot I have of the suit.

B895.jpg

Because of the way the armor plates are positioned on the undersuit it should be much more poseable than, say, the Batman Begins figure. If the pleatherish undersuit isn't done right though, that's gonna be what hinders most of the movement.

I'm guessing they'll do it all as a rubber suit like the OC figure and just sculpt the armor-over-body-suit look of the real costume, like what DCD did for the statue.

This is one instance where lack of posability would be accurate. Keaton could barely move in that thing.

I remember that summer of '95, the mcdonalds glasses...

Ah, the McDonalds glasses. The only great thing about that movie. A couple years ago, I ordered a set from Ebay, as a nostalgic salute to my childhood.

My girlfriend still can't understand how I can simultaneously hate the movie so much and yet still insist on using the McDonalds glasses on every occasion possible.

A decent compromise, but personally, I'd like to have a full swap out cowl head that has damage to the cowl as well as his face, as the emblem even took a beating. I especially want as beat up as possible because unless TDKR changes things, this is still the only time Batman's ever taken a beating and shown it on film and I like that, I don't like him looking invinvible. The stabbing from Catwoman and the dog bite in TDK weren't much.

I'm guessing they'll do it all as a rubber suit like the OC figure and just sculpt the armor-over-body-suit look of the real costume, like what DCD did for the statue.

I'd love a swap out cowl too so there's more visible damage but I don't see HT giving us both. The face and emblem took most of the damage so I'd be happy with that.

Yeah, I hadn't thought of a molded one piece suit. Kinda hope they can figure something new out though.

This is one instance where lack of posability would be accurate. Keaton could barely move in that thing.

So true. I'd like as much arm movement as possible at least. Would love to be able to point the spear gun and gauntlet properly and do the cape spread. I think that's a signature look for the film.

Last edited:

I'd love a swap out cowl too so there's more visible damage but I don't see HT giving us both. The face and emblem took most of the damage so I'd be happy with that.

Yeah, I hadn't thought of a molded one piece suit. Kinda hope they can figure something new out though.

As long as the integrity of the suit is first and foremost, I don't care how it's handled. A cool design doesn't go far if it breaks down.

As for the changing faceplates, if that were the route they went for a damaged look, they could potentially do swap out emblems too.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask? but how would they be able to work on a bruce wayne license, seeing as to how Michael never held the license from the 89 and only the 92 version batman. Would they be able to make a bruce without the Keaton likeness.

I wondered before,could HT do swap out face plates.For Example,Jack as The Joker.Do you guys think that they could make snap-on plates that go around the hairline and the mold line without compromising the integrity of the sculpt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back