Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
images

*squints*

Yup, hi Pix! :wave

If HT was repped through SS at SDCC will SS be at NYCC? if so maybe Keaton will be unveiled there...just a guess though.

Does anything really significant happen at NYCC? I've always got the impression it was almost like a pity con for East Coasters, something to go to but nowhere near the hoopla of SDCC.

Does anything really significant happen at NYCC? I've always got the impression it was almost like a pity con for East Coasters, something to go to but nowhere near the hoopla of SDCC.

For high-end stuff, no. But for mass produced "TRU-based" stuff, it's fairly big. Hasbro always goes balls-out there.

It's a shame too, because so much of the American comics industry was originally based in NYC, yet the San Diego con grew over the years from a small con in a hotel to the international annual event it is today.

Now to me it feels like New York has been playing catch-up for the past few years, but the Javits Center really can't compare to the San Diego Convention Center, and having the Con in the fall (or the winter as it was originally) makes it that much less convenient for out of town student-age attendees who may find it easier to make it to San Diego during a summer break.

Here's my thinking.

I figure the longer it takes for this to be revealed, the better the final product will be. Quality, design, functions, all that. Just from that blurry teaser catalog photo you get this sense of a really well done figure with a nice mix of accessories. Everything about it seems "right" so far. I mean, other than Indiana Jones, Hot Toys' track record has been very, very good.

If The Dark Knight/Batman Beings Hot Toys line and the '89 Joker and '89 Batmobile are any indication, I think we're in for a real treat with this '89 Michael Keaton Batman. I just hope they don't charge the hell out of it like they've done with the Toy Fairs exclusive Batman. This and the Joker are DX figures too, so a huge premium price tag, around $250 plus seems likely. They could very well be the most expensive Hot Toys figures to date. I hope not though.

what accessories would this Batman come with. It's been so long since I've seen 89 Batman. Obviously his grapple gun. But what else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back