Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I have the feeling that quote is low by at least $10? :dunno

:exactly: Indy DX has set the precedent now, so id be surprised if these didn't cost the same. Having said that, Indy comes with the pedestal and a second costume, so it would make sense to me for these to be slightly less. Who knows!

Well, we don't have any official info, so we can only estimate what'll be coming with these guys, even the display stand might have been a temp. If these are as basic as they look, I think $200 would be reasonable, the $250 DX figures are including elaborate bases. Though, the rarity of official items from this movie will probably drive price up.

Well, we don't have any official info, so we can only estimate what'll be coming with these guys, even the display stand might have been a temp. If these are as basic as they look, I think $200 would be reasonable, the $250 DX figures are including elaborate bases. Though, the rarity of official items from this movie will probably drive price up.

Expect to be disappointed if you're shooting for $200. They have a goldmine here and they'll exploit it.

Expect to be disappointed if you're shooting for $200. They have a goldmine here and they'll exploit it.

I'm sure they will, I was just saying $200 would be reasonable but I expect higher. I know a second head was included but I still say T1 T800 cost more than T2 because of HT knowing they were the first licensed figure of T1 Arnie. Same will be with Joker, and I expect Joker to cost more than Batman since even DCD could do Keaton but HT is the only company so far to do Nicholson.

Something fun while we wait. Mute it though, or you'll go nuts trying to mentally translate it. :lol

[ame="https://youtu.be/7z6jZJaxVoQ"]302 Found[/ame]

I think it'll be closer to $200 than $250 unless they go all out with a large accessory or still have a lot more goodies to show. Just look at the latest DX release, Sparrow, coming in at around $220(Toys2 price). It's insanely detailed plus has a big, elaborate base too.

I think it'll be closer to $200 than $250 unless they go all out with a large accessory or still have a lot more goodies to show. Just look at the latest DX release, Sparrow, coming in at around $220(Toys2 price). It's insanely detailed plus has a big, elaborate base too.

Unless HT adds some stuff like a diorama base..who knows? :impatient:

Problem is, Jack Sparrow's been done to death, and anyone and everyone has done him. Even if Joker and Batman are $200 packages in the body of HT work, simply for the lack of Batman '89 official figures, and especially something with an official Nicholson likeness, I could see HT bumping the price up higher.

Using Sideshow prices just for equal comparison.

T2 T-800 - $165

HT-T2-T800-PR19.jpg

T1 T-800 - $195
HotToys-T1-T800-PR-20-R.JPG

Other than 1 head versus 2 heads, I really feel like these 2 packages are pretty much the same, yet a $30 price difference. Some people feel that the second head is where that $30 comes from, but I really think it has more to do with HT knowing that if anyone wanted a T1 T-800 with Arnold's likeness, especially at 1/6 scale, they were the only place to turn to, so they could charger more and they'd get it because there are no other options. Without debating quality, collectors have Sideshow, NECA and Hot Toys to choose from for the standard, black biker, clean T-800 look from T2, more options, less room to just bump your price sky high.

Also consider this, granted it's a less popular character than the T-800, but the T-1000 figure, with 2 heads, 2 full costumes, all sorts of accessories, and it too cost only $165.

These figures aren't priced simply by what it takes to make them, the character/license popularity and rarity of merchandise factor in and I think we'll pay more for less with '89 Batman because of it.

I would say the $30 price hike for the extra head is accurate. The T-1000's price to accessories ratio is a stumper though.

No doubt the popularity of the 89 Bats license will help raise the prices but I'm just not so sure they'll raise them $30 or $40 without some additional loot.

I would say the $30 price hike for the extra head is accurate. The T-1000's price to accessories ratio is a stumper though.

No doubt the popularity of the 89 Bats license will help raise the prices but I'm just not so sure they'll raise them $30 or $40 without some additional loot.

Consider the 3 mouth pieces an extra head and reason enough for them to jack it up to $250.

Problem is, Jack Sparrow's been done to death, and anyone and everyone has done him. Even if Joker and Batman are $200 packages in the body of HT work, simply for the lack of Batman '89 official figures, and especially something with an official Nicholson likeness, I could see HT bumping the price up higher.

Using Sideshow prices just for equal comparison.

T2 T-800 - $165

HT-T2-T800-PR19.jpg

T1 T-800 - $195
HotToys-T1-T800-PR-20-R.JPG

Other than 1 head versus 2 heads, I really feel like these 2 packages are pretty much the same, yet a $30 price difference. Some people feel that the second head is where that $30 comes from, but I really think it has more to do with HT knowing that if anyone wanted a T1 T-800 with Arnold's likeness, especially at 1/6 scale, they were the only place to turn to, so they could charger more and they'd get it because there are no other options. Without debating quality, collectors have Sideshow, NECA and Hot Toys to choose from for the standard, black biker, clean T-800 look from T2, more options, less room to just bump your price sky high.

Also consider this, granted it's a less popular character than the T-800, but the T-1000 figure, with 2 heads, 2 full costumes, all sorts of accessories, and it too cost only $165.

These figures aren't priced simply by what it takes to make them, the character/license popularity and rarity of merchandise factor in and I think we'll pay more for less with '89 Batman because of it.

you don't feel the $30 price difference for a 2nd battle damaged head is a fair increase ?

you don't feel the $30 price difference for a 2nd battle damaged head is a fair increase ?

Not when you look at the T-1000 and what came with that, it came with more than the T1 T-800 and still cost $30. If the T-1000 had been $195 as well, then I'd probably feel that the $30 was based on the second head, but where HT already demonstrated that $165 would get you a hefty ammount of goodies, I just feel the difference is more about the license than the package contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back