Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're smart. They don't want to get mobbed by the public for displaying the '89 Batman without a Keaton likeness. Given the psychosis involved, I'd do the same. :lecture:lecture:lecture

They're smart. They don't want to get mobbed by the public for displaying the '89 Batman without a Keaton likeness. Given the psychosis involved, I'd do the same. :lecture:lecture:lecture

meaning the changeable mouth or another sculpt? i would think someone at HT could sculpt the mouth in their sleep.

I don't see why HT couldn't do Keaton's likeness, DCD could. Won't get into how well they captured it, but the DCD pieces were marketed specifying Keaton's name, if they couldn't use his likeness, I'm sure they would have just called it Batman 1989 or something.

https://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=14877

Isn't that what they're calling it? :dunno :lol

This conversation is stupid. If HT didn't have Keaton's likeness, then they wouldn't be making him.

Likeness issues haven't stopped them showing figures before.

HotToysMMS139ResidentEvilMillaAlice9.jpg

I'm sure they are waiting on a general approval from WB/DC on the whole figure. It'll be here soon enough.

Has Keaton's likeness rights been a problem in the past? That'd be typical if not. Finally Nicholson loosens up so we can get proper Joker 89 figures and then theres a problem with Keaton instead.

It's just his mouth and chin, right? It's not like they need to sculpt Keaton's whole face.

Has Keaton's likeness rights been a problem in the past? That'd be typical if not. Finally Nicholson loosens up so we can get proper Joker 89 figures and then theres a problem with Keaton instead.

DCD got it recently (as in 2010/2011 recent) for their statue and bust. It's clearly licensed as Keaton '89 Batman product and even though the paint apps are shoddy, the resemblance in likeness is there.

I'd be very surprised if DCD got it but Hot Toys could not but anything can happen when it comes to these stupid things. Nam might be right, he might be wrong. Maybe they're just waiting to tease the hell out of everyone and boost anticipation and desire. Maybe they're have legitimate problems with the figure (rubber, design, functionality, cape?). Maybe there isn't a problem at all and everything is going along as they schedule? Who the hell knows.

DCD got it recently (as in 2010/2011 recent) for their statue and bust. It's clearly licensed as Keaton '89 Batman product and even though the paint apps are shoddy, the resemblance in likeness is there.

I'd be very surprised if DCD got it but Hot Toys could not but anything can happen when it comes to these stupid things. Nam might be right, he might be wrong. Maybe they're just waiting to tease the hell out of everyone and boost anticipation and desire. Maybe they're have legitimate problems with the figure (rubber, design, functionality, cape?). Maybe there isn't a problem at all and everything is going along as they schedule? Who the hell knows.

:exactly::goodpost::exactly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back