Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kilmer could lose all the weight and stuff if he wanted. It's not hard to drop weight.

What changed in his lifestyle for that to happen? the last film I saw of Kilmer when he started to put weight on was that one with Denzel Washington. When he could go back in time to save the lady and from the boat exploding.

I hate "Forever" stupid title, awful Batman, it was like Val Kilmer was trying to be Michael Keaton as Batman... the villains, do i really even need to talk about the crap storm there??

If not for the nipples and the feminine angled and redundant belt, (due to having a bat emblem on it while only a few bits away from the main one.) The panther suit is pretty cool looking...

However, i have always had a preference for the returns suit though, the armored tank look was always my favorite of all the films... well of the two that matter.
M.

What changed in his lifestyle for that to happen? the last film I saw of Kilmer when he started to put weight on was that one with Denzel Washington. When he could go back in time to save the lady and from the boat exploding.

I assume he just gained weight due to his popularity waning over time... maybe he didn't have enough roles he wanted on his own accord, maybe he likes pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner... maybe he is just lazy.

Regardless, he pack them on and that's that.

oh and the movie you are thinking of is Deja Vu. :wink1:

M.

I seriously can't sit thru BF and B&R. :lol

The music build up sounded great way back then until he said that line. It's like the same dorky phrases in Transformers for eBay and eBay numbers.

I'm sorry, I just can't get behind the idea of anything from "Batman and Robin" or "Batman Forever", no matter how cool the design (and I DO like the panther outfit). I wouldn't want merchandise from these films any more than I would want figures from "X-Men: The Last Stand". Why would you want to be reminded of films that took successful and entertaining franchises and killed them with insipid crud? I'd LOVE figures from "Batman Returns" - not Burton's best, the story is uneven and the plot doesn't make a ton of sense, but the acting, action, design, musical score, and direction are all solid and this film is an important piece of Batman mythos. The other two films looked like they were made by a game show producer trying to create a Batman-themed burlesque show for Las Vegas - and these flix somehow took some decent actors and caused them to turn out the worst performances of their careers...bleah! :pfft:

I dunno. Buttshot close-up. That put's Schumacher at least one more point ahead.

Good point (get it :slap)

But Singer did make them put cute little tiny S's under the boots.

So,

Schumacher 2 (tight butt shots)
Singer 1 (cute little ass.....I mean S)

If you want to find Lost Boys, just look in Schumacher's basement! :lol

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I just can't get behind the idea of anything from "Batman and Robin" or "Batman Forever", no matter how cool the design (and I DO like the panther outfit). I wouldn't want merchandise from these films any more than I would want figures from "X-Men: The Last Stand". Why would you want to be reminded of films that took successful and entertaining franchises and killed them with insipid crud?

Hot Toys has shown time and time again that a ____ty movie and sometimes a ____ character can be an awe-inspiring and must have figure. Hell look at their New Goblin just released, I can't think of a more Schmachian character mixed with what was wrong with the 90s in comics that was more than meh on screen made into a fantastically interesting figure that is amazing impressive on display. Not to mention the history of Batman is what it is, good and bad. Having Clooney and Kilmer on my shelves for me is just as important as having Keaton and Bale or Routh, Reeve and eventually Cavill.

I dunno. Buttshot close-up. That put's Schumacher at least one more point ahead.

Let's not forget the close-up turning crotch shots and elongated codpieces.

I'll be honest, I vividly remember sitting in the theater and being disappointed with Returns :horror

Not Superman 3/4 disappointed mind you, that's not disappointment, that's brain rape.

I was just like, WTF did Burton's parents do to him, this dude needs help. :lol

There are some good moments but overall for me, 89 Batman much greater than Returns.

I'll be honest, I vividly remember sitting in the theater and being disappointed with Returns :horror

Not Superman 3/4 disappointed mind you, that's not disappointment, that's brain rape.

I was just like, WTF did Burton's parents do to him, this dude needs help. :lol

There are some good moments but overall for me, 89 Batman much greater than Returns.

:lol I have to somewhat agree. I was expecting 89 Batman part 2 when I went to go see it and I was disappointed with the overall feel of the film in comparison.

Still alot of cool stuff in Returns and I'm definitely going to get HT figs if they makem' but I much prefer 89 Batman to all others after it.

Have you ever seen what Marlon Brando looked like before his passing....he got incredibly huge but when he was younger he was in real good shape especially considering it was the 50's 60's and working out wasnt on anyone's to do list.

Returns was OK for me, but it doesn't compare to Pt. 1.

1stHotToysBatmanpic.jpg

Bumping DiFabios blown up pic of Bats. :rock

HT + Keaton Bats = :impatient:

:lol I have to somewhat agree. I was expecting 89 Batman part 2 when I went to go see it and I was disappointed with the overall feel of the film in comparison.

Still alot of cool stuff in Returns and I'm definitely going to get HT figs if they makem' but I much prefer 89 Batman to all others after it.

Ahhh, the days before the internet, we didn't know what we were walking into.

But you hit the nail on the head, I wanted Batman 2 and got Penguin running for mayor.

The somewhat change in musical score definately pissed me off. :lol

As an adult I can appreciate some of the stuff I didn't like as a young adult but still no 89 for me.

Would definately take a HT figure of him!

Last edited:
Yeah, it was Batman Returns, starring the Penguin, Catwoman, Christopher Walken, and featuring Batman.

Yeah, it was Batman Returns, starring the Penguin, Catwoman, Christopher Walken, and featuring Batman.

No different than The Dark Knight starring The Joker and kind of featuring Batman with special guest star Two-Face.

Sometimes that just the way it has to be to make a film work. :wink1:

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back