Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Joker got as much screentime in TDK as people seem to think. Seems to me Harvey Dent got plenty and so did Bruce/Batman. And even if Batman did get sidelined slightly - he practically had the entirety of Batman Begins to himself. So whats the big deal if the story in the next film is slightly less centric on him? And if you're going to have The Joker in the film he demands attention - you wouldn't want him treated as an incidental plot-device character. And thats saying that regardless of the Heath Ledger Death hype. But heck Harvey Dent emerged as my favourite character in TDK.

Except TDK was simply a vastly superior film to returns IMO

:exactly:

I don't think Joker got as much screentime in TDK as people seem to think. Seems to me Harvey Dent got plenty and so did Bruce/Batman. And even if Batman did get sidelined slightly - he practically had the entirety of Batman Begins to himself. So whats the big deal if the story in the next film is slightly less centric on him? And if you're going to have The Joker in the film he demands attention - you wouldn't want him treated as an incidental plot-device character. And thats saying that regardless of the Heath Ledger Death hype. But heck Harvey Dent emerged as my favourite character in TDK.

:exactly:

I think Burton did Batman a service, making the films stylized. They don't fit in a certain time or place and have that "classic" mythos to them. Nolan's films on the other hand, are rooted very much in today. In 20 years I'm betting a lot of kids then will look down on Nolan's films the same way Nolan's fans look down on the West Batman series today.

I think Burton did Batman a service, making the films stylized. They don't fit in a certain time or place and have that "classic" mythos to them. Nolan's films on the other hand, are rooted very much in today. In 20 years I'm betting a lot of kids then will look down on Nolan's films the same way Nolan's fans look down on the West Batman series today.

And we'll all be called old for preferring them to the newer ones.:lecture

:exactly: :goodpost: :exactly:

Although some look down on West's Batman due to its inherent campiness, which might buy Nolan's movies a few extra decades :lol

And we'll all be called old for preferring them to the newer ones.:lecture

Sad but true.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is my favorite movie but none of my nephews ever want to watch it, TDK will be the same way 30 years from now.

Stupid videogames :lol

:exactly: :goodpost: :exactly:

Although some look down on West's Batman due to its inherent campiness, which might buy Nolan's movies a few extra decades :lol

I dunno. With Bale's Cookie Monster impersonation and Ledger's hunchy, hookerpaint Joker, I think it'll be considered easily as campy if not moreso because it took itself seriously where West's Batman did not.

The children are lame today. Oh look where we are.

I dunno. With Bale's Cookie Monster impersonation and Ledger's hunchy, hookerpaint Joker, I think it'll be considered easily as campy if not moreso because it took itself seriously where West's Batman did not.

Why so serious :lol

I'll say one thing though, if anyone ever wants to experience a high budget with decent enough special effects remake of the West Batman show, all they have to do is watch Batman Returns and Batman and Robin.

Those 2 movies remind me of that show.

I'll say one thing though, if anyone ever wants to experience a high budget with decent enough special effects remake of the West Batman show, all they have to do is watch Batman Returns and Batman and Robin.

I would not disrespect Adam West's Batman like that. :lol

I think Burton did Batman a service, making the films stylized. They don't fit in a certain time or place and have that "classic" mythos to them.

This is so very true. Returns was far from perfect, but what it lacked in substance, it made up for in style. The reason it didn't gel as a movie is that it had about three different underdeveloped plots trying to intersect. Unlike Nolan, Burton was unsuccessful at devising a storyline that could encompass two villains (three, if you count Max Shrek) - in much the same way that Spiderman 3's plot was toppled by three villains. Had he focused on either Catwoman OR Penguin, I think we would have had a much improved film. I also thought that it was a shame that Burton never got a crack at Mr. Freeze; with his penchant for sympathetic anti-heroes/villains, Burton could have really sunk his teeth into the pathos of Victor Fries. Ah well....

This is so very true. Returns was far from perfect, but what it lacked in substance, it made up for in style. The reason it didn't gel as a movie is that it had about three different underdeveloped plots trying to intersect. Unlike Nolan, Burton was unsuccessful at devising a storyline that could encompass two villains (three, if you count Max Shrek) - in much the same way that Spiderman 3's plot was toppled by three villains. Had he focused on either Catwoman OR Penguin, I think we would have had a much improved film. I also thought that it was a shame that Burton never got a crack at Mr. Freeze; with his penchant for sympathetic anti-heroes/villains, Burton could have really sunk his teeth into the pathos of Victor Fries. Ah well....

Hmmmm, I think you're right :lol

They're supposed to. That's flat out what Schumacher said he was getting back to with his Batman movies.

Agreed. I dont think Harvey Dent gets enough love from TDK fans.

Although I dont completely agree with the end part of your post I think you nailed it with that first sentence. I love how it didnt really fit in any time frame but at the same time kinda looked like the 40's and modern(at that time) day. Gotham looked sweet too.

:( riddler doesn't look so great in those pics

Thanks for the reply though :)

might not look the same because the Facebook photo is tiny but its the same figure and he's the only guy iv known to date that has made a 1/6 penguin,also i know thats his batman because the one he makes has the gun in his right hand like the one in the Facebook pic,same as his ebay item below,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/320709941122#ht_3482wt_1139

There have been a few custom penguins, the best one for me is Seb's version (elvis1976).

WGP are making a killer penguin and catwoman though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back