Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

The concept of a gaudy Joker box is an interesting idea, because it suits the character. But Hot Toys are classy figures, so I wouldn't want to give up on a more classy design.

If Batman had just a black box with the golden Bat-logo, like the movie cover, then it would make sense for the Joker's box to be purple and have that Joker logo in the center (the concentric circles with the Joker face, worn as a patch on the coat by his henchmen).

I always liked the Takara Batman Begins box design - a closeup on Batman's chest armor. A similar design would look real nice for Keaton Batman - a closeup on the armor, from the belt up to just below the neck. In the same vein, though perhaps not as badass, you could do a closeup on the front of the Joker's outfit for his box.

That's a good idea, kind of like this,

1198902831.jpg

That would make a hell of a teaser if Hot Toys used that idea but for their figure. Sort of like their Spider-Man one.

They announced the "Dark Knight" line on the 4th May 2008 and the Batmobile appeared to everyones delight on the 25th May 2008 so you never know.Id certainly buy one!!

Last edited:

I would adore an '89 Batmobile. Forgive me if this has been mentioned 1,000 times already, and I'm sure it has, but the '89 Batmobile would be about 4' long (unless they made it smaller). Even the Batwing is about 4' wide.

How big was the HT Tumbler? A lot smaller, no?

I'm excited yet scared by the prospect (laugh).

After being spoiled with the Tumbler from The Dark Knight line, an '89 Batmobile would be a must buy for me if HT does one. :)

It's still a top looking car 18 years after it was last seen on screen... no other Batmobile comes close to it's awesomeness.

The tumbler is just as cool, they're both awesome for their time periods, I love both.

The tumbler's appeal is definately related to it's tank like brute force aggressive nature, those tires alone instill fear.

But I always contemplated if the Tumbler could fit into the 89 movie, or vice versa.

Imagine the modern Tumbler tank superimposed over the retro production design from the 89 movie or the 89 car driving down the modern glowing streets of Chicago....errr....Gotham.

It could be that 89 BM is just so eccentrically wealthy and crazy enough that he could come up with something so modern looking.

But I still can't come up with an idea why Nolan would ever use the 89 car in his movies, it can't drive over anything or jump into the air, it's too long and would break in half :lol

Last edited:

here's a question to you folks....

which version of 89 bats are we getting??

remember he had two kinds of capes in the movie. one is illustrated in difab's signature, and the other is i don't where to find it, but those that studied the movie should know what i'm talking about.

here's a question to you folks....

which version of 89 bats are we getting??

remember he had two kinds of capes in the movie. one is illustrated in difab's signature, and the other is i don't where to find it, but those that studied the movie should know what i'm talking about.

Kinda splitting hairs here a little, as there were several different capes used for production just like for Superman. Different cape depending on what the action presented, one for standing there, one for running, one for fighting, etc...

For me as long as it has the right textured look, I will be happy. If not, I know how to make my own.

Kinda splitting hairs here a little, as there were several different capes used for production just like for Superman. Different cape depending on what the action presented, one for standing there, one for running, one for fighting, etc...

For me as long as it has the right textured look, I will be happy. If not, I know how to make my own.

trust me hahah, for some here, they WILL be splitting hairs once those protos hit the net. i was just curious if anyone's picked up on that yet.

the cape in question is if you look at difabs sig, it wraps around his shoulders and is connected to the cowl...where in certain scenes, its connected to the bat emblem and doesn't wrap around his shoulders.

just wondering which people prefer.

trust me hahah, for some here, they WILL be splitting hairs once those protos hit the net. i was just curious if anyone's picked up on that yet.

the cape in question is if you look at difabs sig, it wraps around his shoulders and is connected to the cowl...where in certain scenes, its connected to the bat emblem and doesn't wrap around his shoulders.

just wondering which people prefer.

In the pics where it doesn't look like it wraps around, it's just folded back over the shoulders.

Oh, and I believe you! People will be splitting hairs!

Yeah, I know what you guys mean,

In this picture, you can see it folded over his shoulders,

batmankeaton3.jpg

In this one it's under the scalloped part of the cowl,

batmankeaton1.jpg

man...looking at that suit...it must've been a nightmare for keaton to wear that. at least with bale's version, it was soft enough for him to move his head around, still not as much as TDK ver (bale still got headaches in the panther suit), but more flexible than the 89 suit.

oh and another question, keaton isn't as tall as bale right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back