Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guys are saying that they have acquired nicholsons likeness, which would not have come cheap, to me that would be the best indicator that HT will make a joker. I'm betting they release him before batman. I want to see batman done badly but Nicholson did steal the show and from what I remember his portrayal of the joker set a land mark for being the first villain in a movie to be payed more than the hero. I could be wrong but I remember reading that some where. Not to mention he is the iconic joker he set the bench mark.

Either way there us a spot in my collection for them

I hope they don't do a batman returns version coz I just bought one from sovereign studios lol

Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

Actually, I believe Gene Hackman was paid more than Chris Reeve in the original Superman, which pre-dates Batman by about, oh, 11 years.Something to do with that whole"established star" thing...PS

If you guys are saying that they have acquired nicholsons likeness, which would not have come cheap, to me that would be the best indicator that HT will make a joker. I'm betting they release him before batman. I want to see batman done badly but Nicholson did steal the show and from what I remember his portrayal of the joker set a land mark for being the first villain in a movie to be payed more than the hero. I could be wrong but I remember reading that some where. Not to mention he is the iconic joker he set the bench mark.

Either way there us a spot in my collection for them

I hope they don't do a batman returns version coz I just bought one from sovereign studios lol

They are making the Joker.

First they announced that they (Hot Toys) were making a '89 Batman figures at their anniversary convention. They promoted it on the entrance doors,

ap_20101225013508461.jpg

then it was revealed in their catalog,

003754i3s1x1ipprr1z3p3.jpg

then finally they announced it on their facebook wall officially,

164824_475691837343_58690437343_6179999_1544634_n.jpg

Along with this message,

Here comes the highly expected Batman (1989) movie license!

Amid much negotiation and many difficulties, Hot Toys is finally granted the likeness right of the renowned actor Jack Nicholson to produce the collectible figure of his character in the movie.

As many ones may know, it is very difficult to get it and it is only granted for Hot Toys, thanks to the quality standard being recognized! Though it is difficult to get it, it is worth because we can bring such great collectible figure to our fans! So fans, please stay tuned our update in 2011!

So Jack Joker is a done deal. They paid a heck of alot to get Jack Nicholson, so Joker is being made. Keaton Batman, without a doubt in my mind too. They don't have to announce a Keaton agreement, they haven't done it with anyone else. Besides DCD has it and Batman is included with the announcement in that pic. Why make Joker and not Batman?

Batman and The Joker are coming.

Hmm, I was just thinking. If Sideshow is carrying the Reeve Superman figure, I'm betting they carry Batman and the Joker too.

Then that begs to question, what exclusives would Batman and Joker have?

Batman: Alternate hand/gauntlet with the extendable nut crusher he uses on the thug at the end of the first movie.

Joker: Stupidly long gun he uses to shoot down the Batwing.

I hope they make the Batman Returns figures as well... I want Catwoman and Penguin.

Don't get me wrong I hope they make returns figures too. I just don't want to be stuck with two figures is all lol

Actually, I believe Gene Hackman was paid more than Chris Reeve in the original Superman, which pre-dates Batman by about, oh, 11 years.Something to do with that whole"established star" thing...PS

Well that's why I said I could be wrong lol. I didn't know that though.
I'm not the biggest fan of superman. I always thought batman was cooler.

They are making the Joker.

First they announced that they (Hot Toys) were making a '89 Batman figures at their anniversary convention. They promoted it on the entrance doors,

ap_20101225013508461.jpg

then it was revealed in their catalog,

003754i3s1x1ipprr1z3p3.jpg

then finally they announced it on their facebook wall officially,

164824_475691837343_58690437343_6179999_1544634_n.jpg

Along with this message,

So Jack Joker is a done deal. They paid a heck of alot to get Jack Nicholson, so Joker is being made. Keaton Batman, without a doubt in my mind too. They don't have to announce a Keaton agreement, they haven't done it with anyone else. Besides DCD has it and Batman is included with the announcement in that pic. Why make Joker and not Batman?

Batman and The Joker are coming.

Cool. That's excellent news.
I just hope they release joker first.
I'm sick of seeing the ledger joker.
Don't get me wrong I love the ledger joker but he's been done to death.
I'm just hoping that they don't drop the ball with the Nicholson version.
The last thing I want is to hear that he's not accurate enough.
We deserve a top notch job on this figure and anything less than the best is going to be disappointing.
But I have faith that HT will deliver the goods after seeing the job they've done on superman.

I'd like a second HS of this:

me_l1c1fm5imp1.jpg

Only with the streaks of where his flesh make-up has dripped becuase of vicky vale throwing the water in his face.

These would make sweet DX figures but they already did batman and joker figure for that line. A different movie but they did the characters nontheless. Anyway yeah you know Joker is gonna come with that long ass gun, thats a must. Im also down for an alt.head from the museum scene. Man I can NOT wait! Hot Toys says coming soon but their definition of "coming soon" is a bit different then mine :lol Still, this place is gonna go nuts when we get teaser pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back