Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

Why make a Blade and no Nomak? Why make a Wolverine and no Sabertooth? Why get the license for a Resident Evil Alice and nobody else from the films? Why make a BB Batman and no Ra's al Ghul? Why make a Billy but no Blain or Dillon? See a pattern here? :huh
Because those figures you list probably wouldn't have sold very well. . .Nicholson Joker? Probably more popular than all those others you list put together in the geek community.

--edit: sorry, I haven't been paying very close attention to this thread--are you suggesting that we might not get a Keaton Batman but would get Nicholson Joker? L-O-L

Because those figures you list probably wouldn't have sold very well. . .Nicholson Joker? Probably more popular than all those others you list put together in the geek community.

--edit: sorry, I haven't been paying very close attention to this thread--are you suggesting that we might not get a Keaton Batman but would get Nicholson Joker? L-O-L

Yes this is what I want to know:lecture:lecture

tumblr_lekr0uTG4V1qd8nujo1_400.jpg

No, the current topic up for discussion is whether or not '89 Batman will have Keaton's likeness.

Ah OK. I didnt know if difabio was being a smart ass or not. Ok. Man that would kinda suck if it didnt. Its only his lips but still thats a big part of the 89 Batman look. You know who is under that mask. What they havent acquired the rights to his likeness?
I mean, sh--, he is in the coming soon pic.

What the hell is he talking about? Was he refering to the really old original Batman from the comics. "Fitting end to his kind"

I don't know what my issue is, but for some reason I cannot get excited about these figures. I've got hundreds of pieces of swag from the '89 film, but the prospect of HT figures leaves me cold. Maybe I'll change my mind when HT releases photos, but for now I'm cool with the three Billiken models in 1/6 scale.

keatnich.jpg

I'm actually more pumped for the Reeve Supes, which is mighty unusual for me. Anybody else feeling "blah" about these figs that would care to admit it?

What the hell is he talking about? Was he refering to the really old original Batman from the comics. "Fitting end to his kind"
Have you ever seen the Tim Burton Batman movies?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ULSvR6hhyI"]YouTube - ‪Batman kills a fat dude‬‏[/ame]

Why make a Blade and no Nomak? Why make a Wolverine and no Sabertooth? Why get the license for a Resident Evil Alice and nobody else from the films? Why make a BB Batman and no Ra's al Ghul? Why make a Billy but no Blain or Dillon? See a pattern here? :huh

Nam makes an excellent point. They're notorious for this.
My biggest disappointment in this regard was they did chris and wesker as star and no Jill.
I really hope they don't do the same for this line.

Um...your on the HT Batman 89 anticipation thread. Your not gonna find too many of those here. Oh and nice Bats and Joker :wave

I'm actually more pumped for the Reeve Supes, which is mighty unusual for me. Anybody else feeling "blah" about these figs that would care to admit it?

I feel "blah" about Superman, not these. I like that pic of the Billiken kits. I have the Joker. Outstanding in its day. I bought it right out of a display at Golden Apple here in LA. I couldn't take my eyes off it.

The Indy thread is full of, um, antipathy. Just wanted to see if anyone here wasn't exactly drooling with anticipation.

I'm more excited about the prospect of a Hardy Bane and Hathaway Catwoman coming down the pike...

No ____ I was just reinforcing his point.
They've done it in the past.
But I don't think it will be the case with this franchise.
But are they capable of doing a joker and not a batman. Definitely

The Indy thread is full of, um, antipathy. Just wanted to see if anyone here wasn't exactly drooling with anticipation.

I'm more excited about the prospect of a Hardy Bane and Hathaway Catwoman coming down the pike...

The indy thread has been that way cuz the sculpt sucks but there is nothing here to really hate on. I hope there wont be either. Im pumped for these figs

No one can dispute my love for '89 Bats, but there's a distinct possibility that I'll pass on these.

To prove my devotion, I give you this:
melton.jpg

Don't even want to tell you how much I paid for them.

I don't know what my issue is, but for some reason I cannot get excited about these figures. I've got hundreds of pieces of swag from the '89 film, but the prospect of HT figures leaves me cold. Maybe I'll change my mind when HT releases photos, but for now I'm cool with the three Billiken models in 1/6 scale.

And you call yourself a Batman Professor? :dunno :lol

Nice pic of those Billiken models. I have tons of '89 Batman product and have contemplated picking those up. Unfortunately, I'm way to OCD to paint those myself and I'm too cheap to commission a good paint job.

Yours look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back