Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Indy thread is full of, um, antipathy. Just wanted to see if anyone here wasn't exactly drooling with anticipation.

I'm more excited about the prospect of a Hardy Bane and Hathaway Catwoman coming down the pike...

Bane would be sick to see in 1:6.
But I wouldn't hold my breath for it.
Elvis has custom in the works but.
Which I have no doubt will be amazing

Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

'89 Batman is a ship that's sailed for me, I suppose.

Now if HT did an Adam West Batman, I'd be in orbit. I know that's a contradiction, but it's true.

I would also be more interested in an Adam West Batman. Just a more interesting looking version of Batman IMO. Admittedly, I don't have much of an attachment to the Burton films.

Yeah really! I dont get it. Explain.:tap:dunno:lol

Louder than words:

photo10.jpg

Although I love the Nolan movies much more, the Bat suits look in the 89 movie is my personal favorite.

The Dark Knight suit especially, isn't really Batman to me.

I would also be more interested in an Adam West Batman. Just a more interesting looking version of Batman IMO. Admittedly, I don't have much of an attachment to the Burton films.

The attachment is there, but not the desire to drop $400+ on two more 1/6 representations of those characters.

That's one half of one of the three rooms that house the part of my collection that I have on display.

Louder than words:

photo10.jpg

Glorious.

My room would probably look like some of that if I took things out of storage. I don't have anything that predates the 80s though, so that's what's really impressive about yours. For me it's mostly BTAS and movie stuff.

But that great pic begs the question, why wouldn't you want '89 Batman Hot Toys figures? Not in the mood for? Sure, I understand that. Absolutely need? Yes. Regret passing if they're great. Yes. There's also the fact that '89 Batman has seen too few modern, quality, product. Sure, it was over saturated back in the 80's/90's but was any of it quality stuff save for a few Kenner toys, comic adaptations and statues? Nope. Mostly junk.

Honestly, in your Bat-loving case you have more reasons to buy them than you reasons not to!

Don't confuse me with logic.

How about buying them as er, um, "archival pieces" for your collection? I'm sure you got mego Batman, I see Captain Action Batman, I know you got Hot Toys TDK Batman and DCD Batman. Ya need some 1/6 '89 Batman (that aren't statues)!

You make a lot of sense, and in the end I'll probably cave. I just wish HT's stuff wasn't so bloody expensive. $200 is the new normal now, and I remember almost passing on the OC Bats at $130.00.

FYI: If HT ends up blowing off Keaton's likeness, it will be an exceptionally easy fix. Just get the Billiken "B Pose" cowl and inner head, and swap 'em out. The likeness on that one is SPOT ON, and it's the full cowl with all points, back and front.

You make a lot of sense, and in the end I'll probably cave. I just wish HT's stuff wasn't so bloody expensive. $200 is the new normal now, and I remember almost passing on the OC Bats at $130.00.

Yeah, I know exactly where you are coming from. With the T1 T-800 hitting $180 and now the Reeve Superman going over the $200 mark. $150 figures seem to be a thing of the past and this new high is the norm.

I still remember a day where I scoffed at $100 + 1/6 figures thinking that the entire hobby was out of my league because of how pricey they were. Then little by little, I gave in (really because of Batman). Sort of regrettably, sort of willingly. If I could somehow tell my naive, younger self the things I've been doing, he'd think I was nuts.

Anyway, the things that will make these definite buys for me are this, new ground "new" factor (there haven't been Batman '89 figures like these before), nostalgia, love of Batman. It's a no brainer, I've been wishing and waiting for some of this stuff for years.

I just hope they aren't botched like Indiana Jones. I expect great things, but there's always that chance they could miss the mark. If that's the case, I won't get carried away out of the anticipation for it, I wouldn't buy and definitely complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back