Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

Give me a Burton Batman, West Batman, George Reeves Superman and Christopher Reeve Superman and I'll be a happy camper :duff

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost:

I was in my teens when Miller's TDKR was published. My entire perception of Batman was based on the 60's series up until then. Dark Knight made such a huge impact on me that I became hostile toward to 60's series for several years. Having seen what a badass Batman could be I felt the Adam West version had been holding it back from reaching it's full potential.

I think there was such a swing towards dark and gritty Batman that at some point I felt they had over-compensated. Comics in general forgot how to be fun for a while. I think that allowed me to go back and enjoy the old 60's show again.

Never had this problem. I was always able to understand that each period has their own Batman. West's was perfect for the 60's which at the time had some pretty goofy stories in the comics anyway. The Burton Batman in the late 80's Early 90's was perfect for his time (just the first 2 movies - Forever and B&R stank overall), just as the new Bale Batman is the perfect fit for a modern day jaded audience who're too ground in reality.

I have no idea what my collection, as it stands now, would look like all laid out in the room what with most of it still in boxes in the attic. Probably like the pic on the previous page with absolutely zero standing room anywhere. I've bought a heck of a lot over the past 2-3 years since I last had proper shelves. I'm gonna have a great time in the future when I'm able to display it all again. Like the excellent day when I decided to stop being an MOC collector.

Wow, very impressive collection. I'd hate to see how crowded my place would be if I had kept everything I'd had collected over the years. Thankfully I got rid of most of my action figure collection in the past 2 years - but I still have every Batman toy I've ever owned. From my Superpowers and Toybiz 89' stuff, right up to Mattel and HT TDK stuff. Most of it is packed away now, just no room for it until we move.

And I'd love some more merch based on the Adam West Batman. As Nam said, before '89, that was pretty much all the Batman we had, besides Superfriends and the comics.

Louder than words:

photo10.jpg

kool collection

Having ordered the superman I'm gonna need a Keaton batman as well .....

For the most part, it's All Batman to me (Schumacher '97 excluded.) Look at BATMAN THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD - solid dipiction of Bats in a kid-frendly package. When you have creators who have a true understanding of the character, Batman can work for any demographic. West's iteration of Batman is just as legit as Keaton or Bale, just as Richard Sprang's art is as legit as Miller's or Kelley Jones'.

bat5.jpg

Last edited:

As much as I'd like to display the "World's Finest," I think that CR Superman has his own place reserved in my display.

Yeah, I don't plan on displaying Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman with each other either. I'm sure a lot of collectors end up doing that though, like you said the whole "world's finest" classic Superman and Batman deal.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8P8z3k3aCU"]YouTube - ‪World's Finest Trailer - Batman vs Superman (Michael Keaton vs Christopher Reeve)‬‏[/ame]

Although I can go back and laugh at the old Batman show I could never truly allow myself to think of him as apart of the mythos. I dunno, I hope I explained that right. Anyway I dont really care if I ever see an Adam West Batman figure done by any company.

Although I love the Nolan movies much more, the Bat suits look in the 89 movie is my personal favorite.

The Dark Knight suit especially, isn't really Batman to me.

I think TDK suit is much better than the one in Begins...

But i agree with you on the '89 looking more like "Batman"

Personally, i have always loved the Returns suit, and that's the one i went for costume wise...

I think it's because it's not textured like the '89, it's smooth and sleek.

But if the the Supes figure is any indication of how Bats will look... i will be so stoked!!!

M.

If I ever see a custom or official release of an Adam West Bats that looks as close to the source material as that CR Supes, its bought! Price be damned!

This is definitely a must buy. I really hope that Indy blows us away with an improved HS, that way everyone will want Arnie to sculpt Keaton and Jack.:D

I really hope it's not Arnie doing these guys - would like it to be whoever did that Sweeney Todd sculpt - their best sculpt in ages

Professor really is the professor... mind-blowing bat-collection man!

I think Keaton Bats will be sooooo much easier to pull off than Reeve. Just gotta make sure the mouth, chin and eyes are accurate.. The mask should be a piece of cake for these guys.

Can't wait!

I think that we're probably getting lathered up over nothing here. I seriously doubt that HT would put out a Nicholson Joker and then a Batman with a nondescript face.

Thanks for the kind words, Frank. Fortunately, or unfortunately, that's the tip of the Bat-iceberg a far as my collection goes.

I am not a Batman fan but I will definitely get this.
The 1989 costum of Batman is more appealing to me as its the way we are used to seing him in comicses and DC animations.:lecture

Besides, Keaton Batman next to Reeve Superman is going to be UBER EPIC to say the least.:monkey5:exactly:

I wonder if Keaton Batman will look good to Ledger Joker DX.

Speaking of Michael Keaton, would anyone else like to see HT make a Beetlejuice?

I dunno if this is old news already or not, but I just heard that HT is doing the Keaton BATMOBILE.

So better save up that money !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back