Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

Louder than words:

photo10.jpg

You can't be married:lol

I am trying to say I rather it happen with and even without cockpit just to see it happen.

:borg:

With all this talk of Beetlejuice because of the Keaton licence, is anyone else hoping we get a Jack Torrance now HT finally have the rights to use Nicholson's likeness?

With all this talk of Beetlejuice because of the Keaton licence, is anyone else hoping we get a Jack Torrance now HT finally have the rights to use Nicholson's likeness?

No, because that has to do with Kubrick licensing.

How often has Jack Nicholson played characters whose name was Jack? Adds further weight to the oft-used criticism that Jack plays himself all the time!

How often has Jack Nicholson played characters whose name was Jack? Adds further weight to the oft-used criticism that Jack plays himself all the time!

Jim Carey always seems to play himself all the time. That's why I couldn't get into his riddler character.

There are tones of popular actors that seem to have a carear juast sticking to what they know.

So does Al Pachino, and he's regarded as one of the best. :huh

hmmm lets see:

- Tony Montana, mobster in Scarface

- Michael Corleone as another but totally different kind of mobster in the Godfather movies

- Charlie Brigante as another but again totally different kind of mobster in Carlito's Way

- army dude in Scent of A Woman

- the freakin Devil in The Devil's Advocate

- journalist in The Insider

- a coach in Any Given Sunday

- a cop in Insomnia

- a totally different kind of cop in Heat

All, or at least many of those movies were critically acclaimed and are without any doubt a personal favorite of many movie lovers around the world and indeed on this board, I bet.
Either due to the movie and storytelling, or just simply because of the actor playing the lead: Al Pacino.

But in none of those masterpieces did Al Pacino play the exact same guy!
Of course he has a style, thats why many love him...but is that the same as "playing the same guy"?

I'm beginning to doubt if you even have seen any of those movies, because what you just said is really blasphemy.

lol and same goes for you for talking like that, about somebody that possibly can be viewed as the most academy nominated actor of all time.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000197/awards

But okay, maybe you guys didnt mean to sound that rude and disrespectfull towards these 2 established icons and legends of actors, but when putting it that simplistic as saying: "they play themselves all the time" doesnt really leave much space left than to interpret it like some kind of disrespect or ignorance about their acting performances :)

hmmm lets see:

- Tony Montana, mobster in Scarface

Cuban Al Pachino.

- Michael Corleone as another but totally different kind of mobster in the Godfather movies

I'll give you I & II, but part III was regular ol' Al Pachino.

Charlie Brigante as another but again totally different kind of mobster in Carlito's Way

Cuban Al Pachino but now with a Puerto Rican accent.

army dude in Scent of A Woman

Blind Al Pachino. I'd argue Ben Affleck did a better blind man in Daredevil. :lol

the freakin Devil in The Devil's Advocate

A-typical Al Pachino.

journalist in The Insider

Al Pachino with a day job? :lol

a coach in Any Given Sunday

Al Pachino teaches a football team.

a cop in Insomnia

Detective Al Pachino

a totally different kind of cop in Heat

Bit more eccentric Detective Al Pachino

All, or at least many of those movies were critically acclaimed and are without any doubt a personal favorite of many movie lovers around the world and indeed on this board, I bet.
Either due to the movie and storytelling, or just simply because of the actor playing the lead: Al Pacino.

But in none of those masterpieces did Al Pacino play the exact same guy!
Of course he has a style, thats why many love him...but is that the same as "playing the same guy"?

I'm beginning to doubt if you even have seen any of those movies, because what you just said is really blasphemy.

Not really. What you just said sounded like someone who's so focused on Al Pachino's GRRRRRRRRRRRREAT ASS that he can't see the forest for the trees. He's brilliant in the roles he plays, but with the exception of Godfather 1 and 2 where he was more meek, shy and timid, his portrayals are essentially the same character cast in different occupations.

i reckon Nicholson is awesome, i wasnt a fan initially not even as the joker (i have regressed dont worry !) but he has grown on me ever since i saw the departed i could really relate to that and i absolutely loved it. each to there own and everything....

Stop knockin Pacino, Nam! :pfft:

a-dev, I wasn't slamming you, just asked you a question. It was the other fella that lost it on you. :)

Its true that Nicholson has a style and a way about him that is uniquely him but I happen to like it. I can watch him in anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back