Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think Keaton was a better Batman, Bale is a better Bruce Wayne, and Conroy is the best at balancing the two.

West I have some love for, sure he's camp as a row of tents, but he perfectly fit a very fun show. It was a different era and a different concept of Batman, and I can enjoy it as such, even today.

Kilmer was just collecting a cheque, and while his Bruce Wayne was passable, his Batman was horrible.

Clooney was stuck in a truly horrible film, and it was his first big studio blockbuster film role after becoming a star on ER, and getting good notices for From Dusk Till Dawn, so he basically had to just shut up and do as he was told at the time. The result was something that he is embarrassed by to this day. With a better script and director, who knows. With that script and director, truly awful.

Bale-better butler
Keaton-better choice of lady friends

Bale-better Bruce ride
Keaton-better Batmobile

Bale-better music/score
Keaton-better Gotham

Hell, it's a tie.:yess:

I'm shocked people can say Keaton was the best with him nearly killing anything that moved on both of his movies. :ohbfrank:

Lets see, from what I remember he killed:
Everyone in the factory (explosion)
The henchman in the tower (hit his head on the bell and fell to his death)
The Joker

Fire breather ---maybe (set on fire by the Batmobile)
Fat henchman (bomb stuck to chest)

I'm sure there's more, but the amount of people he killed in the factory on part one was ridiculous.

Meanwhile, Bale killed

Two Face
Ras al ghul? (does his count at all?)

Last edited:
tumblr_lfryliSrug1qbdmjp.gif

2wfvars.gif

Patrick_Bateman_HA.gif

I love my Batman as a guy who kills when it's needed. Batman needs to have balls and let other criminals know he means serious ____.

Bale-better music/score
Keaton-better Gotham

No way is the TDK and Begins scores better than Elfman's... there is nothing that you can identify as "Batman" with what Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard did.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the score from TDK but it's nothing near as awesome as what Elfman gave us for the 89 and Returns. TDK main theme is not even close to saying "hey, that's Batman's theme!"... it's too industrial with no substance and it never really goes anywhere, musically speaking.

And i am sure with the "Man Of Steel" coming out we will get a brand new Superman theme, and it wont scream "Superman!" like the one John Williams gave us.

Something about the way Williams and Elfman handle their scores, it's as if it's another lead actor in the film... it to me, completes and identifies the films.

M.

I love my Batman as a guy who kills when it's needed. Batman needs to have balls and let other criminals know he means serious ____.

I find this strange because I agree with you. I think it's completely ridiculous when he lets the same criminals get locked up, only to get out and murder, steal, rape again. It makes no sense, and practically makes him look like he's part of the crimes they commit.

Yet, when they have him killing people in movies, I don't like it (much). :thud:

While BB/TDK music is good.

It is definately not as iconic as 89's soundtrack.

But again, 89 Batman was great for its time as Nolan's are for this era.

Shumacher's aren't good for any era :lol

Well, I wouldn't say that Tim Burton films were more true to the Batman storyline (if that's what you meant), as the storylines were completely off-canon. But his films did capture the personalities of Batman and the Joker better than Nolan ever did. That said, I think I was more upset about Nolan's redoing of the Joker. Instead of being the witty character that fools around with Batman as he's trying to kill him (as we're so used to in the comics), Nolan turned him into this.... creepy guy, who never laughed, never smiled (but instead had a knife-carved smile on his face), and not to mention having the lamest tagline ever: "Why so serious?" :slap Omg...

Both series (Nolan and Burton) are fantastic, yet flawed, and were made purely for entertainment at the cinema and for DC Comics to cash in the big bucks. But, if you really want to know about "THE Batman", then you've got to read the comics, and check out the old animated series if you can.

Thats a BINGO. If any thing has captured the essence of Batman from the Comics it would be the Batman the Animated Series. I still think those are the best representation of the Bat-universe thus far. But I do enjoy BATMAN (1989), BATMAN RETURNS and THE DARK KNIGHT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back