Hot Toys: Batman 85 Years Announcement Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how in the photos they try to hide the crotch and the joints. Where is Nightwing or Robin ?

5ad59318-4eb9-4866-8567-343fb3a9d136_1200x630_previewbanner_908144_HTNightwing.jpg
I’d love to get a Nightwing. One of my favorite characters. I’ve thought of buying the SooSoo version a few times.

If the Batgirl isn’t hard to get and expensive maybe I’ll try for her.

Surely this can’t be it. :( Clooney and O’Donnell were so out of left field and amazing reveals.

Well, if we are talking AK, they didn’t even put Nightwing up for PO, so they have no faith on anything new on AK obviously. I was really hoping they would do a AK Catwoman after AK Batgirl and AK Harley (I got both), but then the pipeline went silent…

Well, everyone who called HT doing a lazy ugly repaint of an existing Batman figure [myself included] take a bow. :ROFLMAO:
But, it was a suckers bet to begin with - HT are VERY predictable in their laziness.
It’s crazy how they don’t want money anymore. They got to big. I feel like all that Disney money made them feel untouchable.
Seriously so much Batman content you can make and you choose… this.

Most likely will be cancelled just like those ugly Marvel ones that got cancelled earlier this year. They didn't learn from that.

I wish I could just haunt Howard Chan like a Dickensian ghost and be like “bro, do you have any idea how much money you’re actively LOSING by not making comic DC figures? Seriously. Whole ass lines at $200 a pop. We’re talking Alex Ross. We’re talking Jose Luis-García Lopez.”

I’m sorry, but I feel like this could sell like hot cakes:

View attachment 725951

…or a Ross Justice line in 1/6th:

View attachment 725952

I don’t think they realize how many people are comic fans and actively *want* this stuff and what I can’t understand, even more than that, is how they don’t recognize the precedent. MAFEX has basically created their own cult with the comic/artist based stuff and, in the case of Ross, you have third parties like SSR Toys making it in 1/6th, licensed companies like Gong Toys making 1/12th Kingdom Come figs, and, within a year, both Iron Studios and Prime 1 making Justice statues in larger scales.

I wish they’d take note like they did when Prime1 went all-in on Arkham Knight in 1/3rd scale and we got that ramping up of video game figures (at least, until we get to Nightwing), but I doubt it.
Sorry. The best HT will do is a gaudy Batman Beyond nobody asked for.

Okay guys, I love ripping on HT laziness.
But for a change of pace:
- what is the ONE Batman figure announcement that would make you completely change your opinion of Hot Toys for the better?

Mine is Arkham Knight Scarecrow.

Nicholson Joker 2.0, definitely.

Two sculpts, one with bloody mouth, one more serious than the old DX08.

Seeing them put the money up a second time for Nicholson likeness rights would more than make up for the Keaton 2.0 and these AK color experiments. If they had the money way back in 2012, surely they can afford it now?

We’ll see what the coming weeks bring.
Wonder festival is happening soon.
They’re running out of DC stuff to make, surely some of these characters will see the light of day soon.

Last edited:
Back