Action Figure Hot Toys Batman Begins 1/6 or 1/4, DX or MMS, Wishlist General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you get a Hot Toys Batman Begins DX?

• Yes

Votes: 166 62.9%
  • Yes (Not pleased with my 2011 TF Version)

Votes: 26 9.8%
  • No (No interest)

Votes: 45 17.0%
  • No (Pleased with my 2011 TF Version)

Votes: 27 10.2%

• Total voters
Re: Should Hot Toys revisit Batman Begins and what would you like to see?

Ra's is the big one. I don't care how they get him out, I just want them to get him out, and I would accept any of the following forms of distribution:
-An "ice battle" two-pack with Bruce Wayne
-A "League of Shadows" two-pack with Bruce Wayne and/or a single figure with alternate heads
-A final battle two-pack with Begins Batman and the Microwave Emitter

Ra's is the big one. I don't care how they get him out, I just want them to get him out, and I would accept any of the following forms of distribution:
-An "ice battle" two-pack with Bruce Wayne
-A "League of Shadows" two-pack with Bruce Wayne and/or a single figure with alternate heads
-A final battle two-pack with Begins Batman and the Microwave Emitter

Everyone wants Ras. I think my dream would be an Armory style Begins three pack but without the armoury - Batman in Begins suit, with a poseable cape, ninja Bruce, and then Ras in the final battle outfit. That would be an amazing way to round off the line before HT start making Batman vs Superman stuff or to rest it for a while.

I'd like to see a new Begins sculpt that finally captures Bale as he looked in that movie. So many efforts, yet none quite does it.

I also think the Begins suit badly needs updating. The original (MMS67) still looks great but figures, sculpts and paint jobs have all moved on. The TF version had too many QC issues - and that matt suit, which just looked dusty - to qualify as a definitive upgrade in the way that the armoury version does for the TDK/ TDKR suit.

I don't think that's milking it, milking it would be hockey mask 'Batman' (I hope that doesn't give them any ideas!).

I think it's time to move on as well. Plenty of licenses and characters are backed up as it is. The Avengers 2 isn't that far off and you know HT will go all out for that.

Waiting on Batman Returns Catwoman and the Penguin who need figures more than anybody in Batman Begins.

I love me some Nolan Bats but I'm ready to move on to Batfleck.

Yeah. It seems that the likeness of Bale is a big problem for HT. :)

Yeah but I think the Batman Begins suit should have a DX version...
It is the movie that started it all. I think it is more important than a mime joker, or the batman armoury.

Yeah but I think the Batman Begins suit should have a DX version...
It is the movie that started it all. I think it is more important than a mime joker, or the batman armoury.

Plus some people will only buy hero figures like Batman so rereleasing it will sell.

I think its time - lots of people will only have come into the hobby since the last time a Begins Batman sold for retail prices. I'm sure the demand is there and those people who don't want to don't have to buy it.

Plus the armoury set will show that there's a lot of mileage for HT in the Nolanverse, no matter what's coming out.

I mean I for one would buy this on the spot... I really like the Batman Begins movie and suit.
I'm a very minimalist collector and the only 2 figures I ever wanted from the Nolan series were Batman Begins suit and the Dark Knight suit..
Well I have the QS001 figure, now I would love a Begins rerelease in any form...a MMS, a QS, or DX. Personally I believe this figure would be best suited for a DX release. Begins is an important movie and no figure has been made in this era of Hot Toys (figure quality/detail is better). That suit is so important to the franchise and to fans of the Nolan universe.

To add to this, there are a heck load more Hot Toys collectors since the release of that Begins suit. Trust me... This would be one of the hottest releases. Look at the Mark 3 fever on the Marvel forum. Same would happen for this figure,

I mean I for one would buy this on the spot... I really like the Batman Begins movie and suit.
I'm a very minimalist collector and the only 2 figures I ever wanted from the Nolan series were Batman Begins suit and the Dark Knight suit..
Well I have the QS001 figure, now I would love a Begins rerelease in any form...a MMS, a QS, or DX. Personally I believe this figure would be best suited for a DX release. Begins is an important movie and no figure has been made in this era of Hot Toys (figure quality/detail is better). That suit is so important to the franchise and to fans of the Nolan universe.

To add to this, there are a heck load more Hot Toys collectors since the release of that Begins suit. Trust me... This would be one of the hottest releases. Look at the Mark 3 fever on the Marvel forum. Same would happen for this figure,

If you have the QS001 then you should probably look into getting Enterbay's 1/4 Batman, figure is a beast and arguably the best Batman figure to date, you can probably still find a decent deal on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The TF Excl. is still available for 280-320 USD. Maybe even less if you look around closely. Therefore the demamd doesnt seem to be that high.

Nevertheless I would be all in for a DX version.

Heres my wishlist:

1.) DX Batman Begins featuring
- improved (movie accurate) cowl with PERS and interchangeable mouth pieces
- improved (more accurate) body suit
- improved (movie accurate) gauntlets
- DX 12 boots
- BB gloves reuse and maybe 1-2 more
- improved belt with gun
- batarangs
- cape (HT will fail on this one anyway, so no need to improve)

2.) First Night Out Bruce Wayne featuring
- C. Bale as he appeared in BB (weight, hair, etc.)
- mask (if they fail again with the sculpt, better give us a sculpt with a fixed masked)
- 2nd body suit without Bat symbol (accurate to the 1st night out)
- gauntlets
- DX 12 boots
- diving attire that later becomes the belt (movie accurate this time)

3.) Batman Begins themed base

4.) a bat as excl. accessoire

Summed up the set would be similar to Luke Skywalker DX with 2 full figures in it but relativly light with accessoires (compared to Skywalker). Take my money Hot Toys! :rock

I love me some Nolan Bats but I'm ready to move on to Batfleck.

Nolan's Batman movies brought me to 1:6 collecting back in '09, and 80% of my collection is Nolanverse. That being said, I have to agree that I'm looking forward to having my Nolan Batman collection finalized without having to wonder when the new, improved version of a character shows up. Between the increased cost of the new (re)releases and the hassle of listing and selling my older versions to fund the improved figures, I'm just getting tired of the process. (I have bought 6 different versions of Nolan Batman figures since I've started collecting in an effort of continual improvement :panic::lol) I get that newer collectors who missed out on earlier releases scoop these up and that Hot Toys is just looking at profits and what sells.

Bottom line for me: I do appreciate HT's efforts to offer better versions of popular characters, but I'm finally happy with what I have and would love to see some new properties introduced.

The TF Excl. is still available for 280-320 USD. Maybe even less if you look around closely. Therefore the demamd doesnt seem to be that high.

Nevertheless I would be all in for a DX version.

Heres my wishlist:

1.) DX Batman Begins featuring
- improved (movie accurate) cowl with PERS and interchangeable mouth pieces
- improved (more accurate) body suit
- improved (movie accurate) gauntlets
- DX 12 boots
- BB gloves reuse and maybe 1-2 more
- improved belt with gun
- batarangs
- cape (HT will fail on this one anyway, so no need to improve)

2.) First Night Out Bruce Wayne featuring
- C. Bale as he appeared in BB (weight, hair, etc.)
- mask (if they fail again with the sculpt, better give us a sculpt with a fixed masked)
- 2nd body suit without Bat symbol (accurate to the 1st night out)
- gauntlets
- DX 12 boots
- diving attire that later becomes the belt (movie accurate this time)

3.) Batman Begins themed base

4.) a bat as excl. accessoire

Summed up the set would be similar to Luke Skywalker DX with 2 full figures in it but relativly light with accessoires (compared to Skywalker). Take my money Hot Toys! :rock

What was wrong with them?

10646896_736191783142007_8946050470125717251_n.jpg
Please Hot Toys !!

Most of the figures you posted were terrible, extremely dated, or half ass attempts. If HT can offer up exceptional figures of lame characters like “The Mandarin” then we should be able to get a just as amazing Scarecrow, Ra’s, Batman Begins version Batman etc…

Besides, once the new DC Universe movies starts to take off, we probably won’t be seeing anything from this line for quite sometime, so I have no problem with them pushing out as much figures as possible right now.

No more iron man and batmang plz.

What should HT do if they revisit it?

You can't be serious? After years of stuff. New Batmen every year since 2008. All the characters you mention are or were available. Whether they're up to your tastes is simply that -- taste.

Some people just can't/won't buy anything that isn't straight from the HT factory. It's like it doesn't count unless there's the uniformity of the label.

I always pose my figures without the masks, Scarecrow 2.0 needs to happen so I can get a Cillian Murphy sculpt with that, Ra’s needs to happen because he hasn’t been made yet (the non branded figures likeness are underwhelming), Two Face needs to happen because he released a long time ago before a lot of us started collecting and he could use a repaint considering he was released along time ago and now prices on him are pretty crazy and Begins Batman needs to happen because the original is so dated it would look like crap posed next to the Armory Batman coming in, and the newer figures from this line.

If these figures sell, and we still want them, then whats the problem?

I don’t care how many Iron Men, Predators, Terminators get made, hell, Hot Toys probably wouldn’t be that successful today if it weren’t for the TDK and Iron Man licenses, so I say keep pumping them out until they stop selling well.

I call BS on any of your Nolan Batman wants and desires.

Instead of wishing away for characters that have been done, how about ones that haven't been done by anyone. I'd rather see that brilliant Hot Toys Charles Xavier that they squandered than another ****ing Bale Batman. Cillian Murphy in a business suit? How about Magneto? Another Two-Face, huh? The first one sold like crap, what makes people think a new one would be a hit or that Hot Toys would even knock it out of the park. A 2.0 would most likely entail a repainted head, ala armory Bruce and Bank Robbin' Joker.

You're telling me you pine for these type of things that already exist when these companies could be making a cool Quicksilver figure?

WTF is wrong with you? :lol

If you feel that you are done with the line, fine. If others feel it is still missing something, fine either. Hot Toys will produce what they think sells best and gives them the highest profit. Guess why they havent given us any characters like Xavier, Magneto or Watchmen... They simply are in the same league as Two-Face. I am pretty sure the only character we will see from "days of future past" will be another (4th?) Wolverine release. Unfortunatly.
ATM Hot Toys will chose an Iron Man, Batman or Joker figure over any kind of side character.

This being said, here are my DX predictions in no specific order:

- Batman (Begins)
- Rambo
- Rocky
- Terminator
- Penguin
- Anakin
- Han Solo
- Indina Jones

Its just the way it is at the moment. :duff

Back