1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, as I said last time, despite of being a non memorable Batman movie, I really enjoyed Val Kilmer as Batman/Bruce.
89 is still my favorite. It’s the first, Keaton is perfect, the anti-heroe by excellence, he is mysterious and a shadow when he wear the suit witch is still the ultimate suit for me and still love Nicholson who portrayed a smart, brilliant, charming and elegant joker. And still the closest to the original detective comics:

I really enjoyed Returns as a kid but each time I see it now, even if there is a lot of nostalgia and the movie is one of the best Burton vision, I find it boring.
Batman seems hold the candle between to vilains who captured all the screen time.
It is more a Burton freak movie with Batman inside than a real Batman movie.
And even if it is the direct sequel of 89, never understood why Gotham was so different and non recognizable. It seems so little compared to 89.

I get liking something as a kid, but you know when you grow older you really should be more discerning.

Eh, try explaining that to collectors in general. Hell, explain this to Star Wars (all eras) and Marvel fans.

Also, I can't help but notice your sig. "Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection".

It really sums it up doesn't it? Here some of us are, wanting more, when these companies aren't making anything we want. Instead of bitching, we should view it as a blessing in disguise.

"I want, I want, I want" isn't very attractive.

I can't believe the Matrix is likely done.

The ****ing Matrix.
I know it. Isn't Neo sold out everywhere now? They can't even use that as an excuse.

How long ago did HT first show that kitbashed Agent Smith? Two years ago I think. It'll most likely be up to unlicensed companies to complete a Matrix line.

Eh, try explaining that to collectors in general.

That's true. And I agree it really should be a blessing. I remember when I first started collecting "higher end" 1/6th figures it was because there was no Star Wars so I thought I would be safe from the endless stream of repeated heroes in alternate outfits and a galaxy of characters... and look how that tuned out. :lol

:lol

Eh, try explaining that to collectors in general. Hell, explain this to Star Wars (all eras) and Marvel fans.

Also, I can't help but notice your sig. "Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection".

It really sums it up doesn't it? Here some of us are, wanting more, when these companies aren't making anything we want. Instead of bitching, we should view it as a blessing in disguise.

"I want, I want, I want" isn't very attractive.

I should stop collecting right now truth be told. I already have an overwhelming amount of stuff.

It is a blessing that Hot Toys isn't making stuff I want from both financial and space standpoints. I still like getting my digs in at them though. I don't really like them as a company.

This is bull*****. Where?s our f&cking preorder for this HT?!!!
Bro you're telling me. Almost wish they never showed it off. Everytime i see that hot toys posted on instagram i get excited that its this but im always let down.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Be surprised if this pre-order ever sees the light of day. Sad but seen it so often from Hot Toys especially when it comes to DC.

This is bull*****. Where?s our f&cking preorder for this HT?!!!

Bro you're telling me. Almost wish they never showed it off. Everytime i see that hot toys posted on instagram i get excited that its this but im always let down.

Get used to it. This is the [HT] way.

Get used to it. This is the [HT] way.
Yeah i know, thats why i dont get why people praise them so highly. Sure their figures are great but they can be unreliable as a company.

Well, when half people keep telling they don't like the film, or that they prefer A, B or C figure instead all that negative feedback warns Hot Toys that this figure won't sell well. And you know it's all about money. Now, I wonder if Hot Toys has to pay for the full license of a movie to tease a figure, or just have to pay a fee and pay the full license only if they mass produce the figure

Batman actually received a pretty good reception from what I saw online on forums and youtube when he was unveiled during the summer.

It was Robin that was poorly received and rightfully so. They showed Robin all by himself at the SDCC booth with TDK Two-Face and Arkham Batgirl. The booth and the figures were basically the black sheep of that showing.

They're a-holes.

Yeah that all makes sense. They're business practice is certianly interesting lol. Thats why im glad third party companies have been picking up the slack from them such as The Matrix line, if you've seen those. I feel like theres so much potential and variety for other figures but Hot Toys plays it safe with Marvel and Star Wars. How it it they can make 20 different versions of Iron Man no problem but cant make one Batman and Robin?

There is still time. I'd give it till late Springish. If they're busting out Black Widow dolls left and right by that time, then yeah, I'd give up on these two completely. We'll see.

Batman Returns as a license was announced in like January 2012. The ****ing proto didn't show up until SDCC 2014. Then it just disappeared. Everyone thought it wouldn't come out. Ended up going up for preorder May 2015.

So what, 2 and a half years from announcement to proto and about a year from proto to preorder, then another year for the final product when it finally came out in 2016. That **** was a 4 year odyssey. :lol

There is still time.

Batman Returns as a license was announced in like January 2012. The ****ing proto didn't show up until SDCC 2014. Then it just disappeared. Everyone thought it wouldn't come out. Didn't go up for preorder until May 2015.

So what 2 and a half years from announcement to proto and about a year from proto to preorder, then another year for the final product when it came out in 2016. That **** was a 4 year odyssey. [emoji38]
Damn thats crazy! Hahah. Well June 16th 2020 marks the 25th anniversary of when Batman Forever was released so they would be stupid not to have it up at least by then.

Hot Toys never celebrates anniversaries.

This was Batman's 80th and they didn't release a SINGLE Batman figure. Every other toy and collectible company celebrated it with some kind of release, not them. Batman, Terminator and Joker at one time were their bread and butter, and this year they didn't release any version of the three. In a movie year no less.

But hey, have a Spider-Man Armory Miniature Collectible Collection!

Back