1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the Bat is hideous. One of the worst vehicle designs for a Batman movie since the Ice Glow Bathammer from Batman and Robin.

The ‘89 Batwing design still stands the test of time. It’s so classy.

I totally love The Bat, it totally fits the Nolanverse. It's design is pretty much the same as The Tumbler. Plus being realistic, the batman flying vehicle has to be more like an helicopter than an airplain, you know to be able to land and take off from anyware. A jet kind of vehicle need a clear road to land

The Batwing is more aesthetically pleasing and more toyetic. It’s a great design, an instant classic.

That’s one thing the Burton films will always have over all the others, great designs. They’re the perfect blend of form AND function without being too gaudy and garish (Schumacher) or practical and drab (Nolan). It’s the perfect middle ground. Not just the Batmobile and Batwing, but the gadgets as well.

I'd much rather have the 89' batwing than the monstrosity that was "the bat." That thing looked more like a mosquito. :lol

No an ant lion, lol.

antlions17.jpg

Big fan of the 'The Bat' and I would never part with my Hot Toys 1/12 - easily one of my favourite pieces. Although I can't believe I actually started measuring up the spare room to try and accommodate the proposed 1/6 version back when HT's proto was doing the rounds. Like there was ever a chance of that coming to retail. Lol.

But yeah, I get why it's not everyone's cuppa.

Big fan of the 'The Bat' and I would never part with my Hot Toys 1/12 - easily one of my favourite pieces. Although I can't believe I actually started measuring up the spare room to try and accommodate the proposed 1/6 version back when HT's proto was doing the rounds. Like there was ever a chance of that coming to retail. Lol.

The 1/6 Bat would be huge! :thud:

9Ro6DZs.jpg

DbBhGmY.jpg

It's not for everyone cos of the space and price... Ignoring those two, I'd love owning a 1/6 the bat... But I was a bit late in collecting hot toys and missed christian bale batman lineup.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hot Toys are not really innovative anymore. I could never see them being creative or inventive with an Arnold Freeze. That kind of figure would require too much effort on their part.

It's November now and this past year has been extremely boring for Hot Toys,

- Nebula
- Mysterio
- Venompool
- Captain Marvel
- Stan Lee 2.0
- Pepper Potts 2.0
- Thanos 3.0
- Star Lord 4.0
- Hawkeye 4.0
- Rocket Raccoon 5.0
- Tony Stark 6.0
- Black Widow 8.0
- Thor 9.0
- Hulk 6.0
- Punisher War Machine
- War Machine 11.0
- War Machine 10.0
- War Machine 12.0 (neon)
- Captain America 14.0
- Spider-Man
- Spider-Man
- Spider-Man
- Spider-Man
- Spider-Man
- Spider-Man
- Spider-Man
- 1/4 Spider-Man
- Iron Man
- Iron Man
- Iron Man (neon)

- Krennic
- Commander Cody
- Qui-Gon Jinn
- Jawa
- The Mandalorian
- IG-11
- Sith Trooper
- Princess Leia
- Wicket
- Darth Maul 2.0

- Alita
- Pennywise
- Hell Boy 2.0

- Flash (tv show)
- Two-Face 2.0

DC / WB and Aliens and Robots are nothing to them now. Not a single Batman, Terminator, or Joker in a year where it was Batman's 80th anniversary (30th for the 1989 film) that every company with a toy license has celebrated, a Terminator movie year and a Joker movie year.

They're grossly incompetent. There are only 8 weeks left to this year. I guarantee they round the year with more boring releases (like a Rey 4.0 or another Iron Man) instead of finishing strong.

They're so predictable. :lol

Capture.JPG

She even has an Iron Man helmet and Iron Man training remote now.

How is it hot toys fault?
They are just making figures of movies that're releasing for the year.
Marvel and star wars are probably the safest for them to make in terms of profit. Sadly for DC figures, they probably do not sell as much except for batman and there isnt a batman movie this year, I bet they will make one for the new batman movie, I wouldn't mind an edward cullen batman lol...i love me some terminator figure but dark fate is meh at best, the only terminator I would get is Arnold's but old Arnold... Hmm not sure abt that. Diego luna is great but not sure if it will sell as much.

How is it hot toys fault?

Easy.

They displayed Robin by itself in July with zero fan-fare. No license announcement, no teaser, no nothing. Then a month later Batman shows up. Again, nothing. Then last month they showed a paint test,

3AFB02E2-66E9-4798-AD23-009C2D47EEAC.jpg

Despite the fact that it hasn't even gone up for order yet. It's like JC Hong thinks it has went into production with a preorder solicitation when it hasn't.

they are just making figures of movies that're releasing for the year.
Sadly for DC figures, they probably do not sell as much except for batman

Exactly. So why even go through the work of acquiring the license for an obscure 1995 movie? Why waste time sourcing, building and paying your employees for two figures that won't sell as well as your Iron Mans and Reys?

It's bizarre.

Its on right now... in all its ridiculous Schumacher glory. Poorly choreographed fights... S&M gimps as Two-Face's "men"... suggestive homosexuality throughout...

...is that really your Batman?

If I was upset by suggestive homosexuality I would probably avoid superheroes as a genre.:lol

:lol That's true.

But Schumacher really pushed the envelope. I watched, trying to like it like I did in '95... but I just couldn't. I've definitely outgrown the Schumacher Batman.

That said, I watched the last 15 mins of Batman Returns right before it and... well, it wasn't much better. Lots of screaming and nastiness rather that stupid giggling and exaggerated voices. But the costumes and designs were so much better with Burton. Schumacher definitely has color and manic-energy on his side.

These Bat-flicks really are of their time.

Easy.

They displayed Robin by itself in July with zero fan-fare. No license announcement, no teaser, no nothing. Then a month later Batman shows up. Again, nothing. Then last month they showed a paint test,

View attachment 470845

Despite the fact that it hasn't even gone up for order yet. It's like JC Hong thinks it has went into production with a preorder solicitation when it hasn't.

Exactly. So why even go through the work of acquiring the license for an obscure 1995 movie? Why waste time sourcing, building and paying your employees for two figures that won't sell as well as your Iron Mans and Reys?

It's bizarre.
Maybe it's more costly to put it in production and doesn't sell as expected?

These prototypes are prob to get the fan's reaction... I honestly believe batman and robin will be put on order soon.

As much as I love Arnold, I don't think I'll get an old ver of him.
ec1ee3598dad2f2e21c8f5aeb5cc93c7.jpg

...is that really your Batman?

Hell no.

"Muh Batman" is a cross between late 80s Frank Miller Batman, Keaton and the Animated Series Batman from the early 90s. I have an appreciation for all the different eras of Batman though. I have a Hot Toys version of every Batman except Kilmer. He was a cool enough. I like the Sonar stuff. I want it.

I know you have questionable **** in your collection. If a Kilmer Batman is the most homoerotic thing in my collection, whatever.

:lol That's true.

But Schumacher really pushed the envelope. I watched, trying to like it like I did in '95... but I just couldn't. I've definitely outgrown the Schumacher Batman.

That said, I watched the last 15 mins of Batman Returns right before it and... well, it wasn't much better. Lots of screaming and nastiness rather that stupid giggling and exaggerated voices. But the costumes and designs were so much better with Burton. Schumacher definitely has color and manic-energy on his side.

These Bat-flicks really are of their time.

So Batman Returns is too straight and heterosexual for you and Batman Forever is too gay and homosexual for you.

What do you want bro?!

As much as I love Arnold, I don't think I'll get an old ver of him.
ec1ee3598dad2f2e21c8f5aeb5cc93c7.jpg

I wouldn't either. I hated Dark Fate.

But they could have done things for other Terminator licenses for a Terminator movie year. I'd really like to have a nice 1/6 Endoskeleton from T1/T2. They could have done one for this year and I think it would sell.

Bottom line is, Hot Toys doesn't seem to care about anything that's not Disney related. There is an obscene amount of Marvel and Star Wars for 2019. It's obnoxious. I sort of wish they'd just double down on it and announce that they won't make anything non-Marvel Star Wars related moving forward.

Bottom line is, Hot Toys doesn't seem to care about anything that's not Disney related. There is an obscene amount of Marvel and Star Wars for 2019. It's obnoxious. I sort of wish they'd just double down on it and announce that they won't make anything non-Marvel Star Wars related moving forward.

I have the same wish. They'd be a less frustrating company if they did that. But of course they won't. They want to keep their hands in every jar and stop other companies having a go whether they themselves are arsed doing anything or not.

Last edited:
I know you have questionable **** in your collection.

:lol This whole hobby is questionable.

So Batman Returns is too straight and heterosexual for you and Batman Forever is too gay and homosexual for you.

What do you want bro?!

I had to go back and see where I implied that Batman Returns was too heterosexual. :lol

Back