Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same, i've never understood the obsession with joints people have, they're figurines, they'll have joints. Get a statue if you don't want joints.

Anyway, i've given up on a WW at this point, i had money reserved for it for weeks, but im just gonna assume she isn't coming so if she does it will be a nice surprise.

What? The movie hasn't even been released 80-90% of every hot toys figure has been announced after the film. And well over half the total (500ish seperate figure releases) where announced at least a year after the movie premiered. People seem to have completly forgotten the previous 15ish years.

For a figure to be put up for order before a film drops should not be expected it should be the exception. Especially if you want screen accurate figures. It takes about a year on average for a figure to go from idea to ready for production (not actually produced but fully tooled(molded) and ready to be made). Most films are not even fully finished until about a month before the movie. Costumes change. CG effects on costumes especially. Mk45 iron man for example. Or Aou hulk or Aou ultron sentry are recent films where designs changed after production on the film started. Even Cap CIvil War is still changing things. The spiderman costume isn't/wasn't fully finished as of a couple weeks ago due to CG.

If your throwing in the towel before a film even hits the theaters you should probably switch manufactures or hobbies. Lol it's just not the way hot toys does most items. As the majority of their figures don't fall in that. And i think it may only get worse now that DC is actually making movies. Before it's been only marvel and an occasional predator or robocop or xmen film that competed. Over the past 15 years there was an average of 2.5 films that hot toys picked up new licenses for each year. On average. Looking at the next 5 years of projected box office and past properties (marvel, DC, terminator, alien, predator) that average will be closer to 5 per year. And if the tv market gains momentum..lol you can expect lots more characters to go up for Po well after a film.

to say at this point she's NEVER coming is a bit of an embellished

i don't mean ever, i mean for this film. we'll no doubt get her for a solo film or even JLA 1 next year, either way she is getting released in some form over the next year and a half.

still, i'd like to get a DAWN version, i'm just kinda over waiting so yeah i'll just assume we aren't.

I was going to get a bunch of Episode VIII figure but they're not announced yet so they're obviously not making any. Guess I'll spend my money elsewhere.

i don't mean ever, i mean for this film. we'll no doubt get her for a solo film or even JLA 1 next year, either way she is getting released in some form over the next year and a half.

still, i'd like to get a DAWN version, i'm just kinda over waiting so yeah i'll just assume we aren't.

No, I know you meant for this film.

Like I stated before and like what Motuxmen said a few posts back, the movie hasn't even come out yet. It's very common for figures from a certain film to come out even several years post the film being released. I have no doubt that at some point, a WW from this film will get made. It could quite possibly even be after JL or a stand alone WW film. Just because she isn't coming out fast enough for your liking before the film has even released in theaters by no stretch means HT isn't planning on ever releasing her.

I'm sure a slew of figures will be announced almost immediately following the movies release.
I'm not so sure. Look at The Force Awakens and the huge number of figures announced after it came out. They haven't even bothered with Han Solo, Luke, Poe or any other figures and that movie was crazy popular and it falls under the Disney umbrella. It's a sad truth that women figures do not sell as well as the men and Hot Toys might be waiting it out to see how popular with the fans this movie will be. Of course that hasn't stopped them from doing every version of Batman but Howard has a giant boner for him kinda like Iron Man.

I'm not so sure. Look at The Force Awakens and the huge number of figures announced after it came out. They haven't even bothered with Han Solo, Luke, Poe or any other figures and that movie was crazy popular and it falls under the Disney umbrella. It's a sad truth that women figures do not sell as well as the men and Hot Toys might be waiting it out to see how popular with the fans this movie will be. Of course that hasn't stopped them from doing every version of Batman but Howard has a giant boner for him kinda like Iron Man.

Good point. I'm still anxiously waiting for the apocalypse Batman but I'll be disappointed if he doesn't have a Bruce Wayne head sculpt.

I still don't get why the female figures don't sell as well. People obviously love the female characters as much as the males. Are they too doll like for some collectors? I always wondered why.

I still don't get why the female figures don't sell as well. People obviously love the female characters as much as the males. Are they too doll like for some collectors? I always wondered why.

I think Selina Kyle sold well. I had the exclusive and I sold her for $100 over Sideshows original price when I did.

Hot Toys was recently quoted as saying that, after Iron Man, Black Widow is consistently one of their top sellers.

They do sell well, there just aren't unfortunately a ton that are more than a "woman in a suit" or major characters.

Hot Toys was recently quoted as saying that, after Iron Man, Black Widow is consistently one of their top sellers.

They do sell well, there just aren't unfortunately a ton that are more than a "woman in a suit" or major characters.

I concur.

I think that sometimes, with these figures being as expensive as they are, major characters such as Superman, Batman, Captain America, Iron Man, etc. will generally win out over characters such as Black Widow, WW, etc. If it came between say getting a Captain America or a Black Widow figure, I think the majority of people would choose the former. The female figures I think are simply an addition to the characters that you feel are the centerpiece to your collection. It doesn't have anything to do with being sexist either, it's just that the aforementioned male characters are generally the more well known characters as far as superheroes.

I have several female characters in my collection, but a lot of them are additions to an otherwise centerpiece in my collection.

I've often found it more exciting to go see a new comic book film if HT have shown a new figure in or around its release. A good example of this is the MOS Supes, shown on the day of the film's release back in 2013.

Could hot toys be developing a new body with hidden joints and that's why it's taking so long to show WW? Or maybe something in her design has spoilers?

I've often found it more exciting to go see a new comic book film if HT have shown a new figure in or around its release. A good example of this is the MOS Supes, shown on the day of the film's release back in 2013.

The best timed figure to me was Ant-Man. It went up for PO the same day (that Friday) that the film was released. Or perhaps it was Thursday, now that I think about it. Thursday or Friday. Regardless, saw the film, liked it, PO'd the figure. Couldn't be any simpler. :lol

Could hot toys be developing a new body with hidden joints and that's why it's taking so long to show WW? Or maybe something in her design has spoilers?

I'm not sure I'd trust them with that...
If Phicen makes a body with a physique close to Gadot's, that will be the way to go for me.

I'm very eager to see a 1/6 Gal Gadot sculpt. This coming week should be fun, hope they tease and show more stuff.

Agreed^^^and Ppk487 I agree on that as well, WW is so iconic, and popular, she will sell really well, if done well. I hope she is spectacular :)

Back