Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you mean the prop itself then yes, obviously :lol what he means is that it's based on the MoS design just tweaked a little, smaller S, belt buckle, slightly altered boots, that's about it I think.

I know what he means. I'm a staunch Supes fan. My MoS figure is my most prized one. :)

What I'm asking is a simple yes or no query though. His suit is different BvS, correct? It's not the same one that he wore in MoS? Regardless of how subtle or minor the tweaks may be.

Don't forget the oval belt buckle (or what is supposed to be represented as something similar to a belt buckle at least to break up the suit) over the rectangular one. :lol

I actually like the absence of a belt and the red underwear. It's really kind of impractical. The belt was initially introduced to represent the belt that the old Olympic power lifters used to wear, as a way to convey strength for Superman.

It doesn't really serve any purpose and is kind of antiquated and campy in my opinion. Given that Snyder and Co. were going for verisimilitude and a more serious take on the character, I can see why they did away with both. He acknowledged though it was something that he thought long and hard about.

While I love the classic briefs look, I'm ok with removing them for modern interpretations, but I think if you're gonna put a belt buckle, put a belt too :lol otherwise try to break the costume some other way.

But the MoS costume gets away with it really well because it looks like alien clothing with the patterns and the design of the S.

But the MoS costume gets away with it really well because it looks like alien clothing with the patterns and the design of the S.

That's what I like about the MOS costume too. But I'm puzzled as to why the suit needs the fake muscles at all, considering that Cavill got super-built for the role. He's as muscular now as Christopher Reeve was, and Reeve never needed a muscle suit.

superman suit man steel.jpgbatman-v-superman-batman-armor-costumes-weapons-prop-photos2.jpg

That's what I like about the MOS costume too. But I'm puzzled as to why the suit needs the fake muscles at all, considering that Cavill got super-built for the role. He's as muscular now as Christopher Reeve was, and Reeve never needed a muscle suit.

He's much bigger than that. The muscle suit just gives definition through the fabric. It's not very thick

I personally think Cavill is more so. I always felt Reeve's arms were a little lacking.

So it's not the same suit that he used in MoS then, correct? It's a new suit?

Yes the suit is new - what I mean is I don't think it is actually meant to be... if it was then I'm sure they'd have changed it more noticably, so it was obvious.
As for the muscles on the suit – you can have a Mr. Universe winner, but put him in a suit and he loses definition... he'll look big, but you won't see muscle tone. To make the suits look more 'comic book accurate' muscle tone is added.

Great images to prove my point – My missus didn't notice any difference at a glance – whereas Captain America has had at least one new suit per film... when it's not really necessary... especially as they still haven't done a suit as nice as the First Avenger one anyway (liked the stealth suit, but not really Cap without red, white and blue).

Yes the suit is new - what I mean is I don't think it is actually meant to be... if it was then I'm sure they'd have changed it more noticably, so it was obvious.
As for the muscles on the suit – you can have a Mr. Universe winner, but put him in a suit and he loses definition... he'll look big, but you won't see muscle tone. To make the suits look more 'comic book accurate' muscle tone is added.

If it wasn't meant to be noticeable, why did/would they change it at all and why does it need to be?

I personally like the AoU suit best for Cap. It's seemingly an amalgamation of all of the suits into one; in particular the stealth suit and the GA suit.

I think the tweeks they made just made it look better. That'll be way they changed it.

I really liked that Raimi Spiderman and Nolans Bats kept the same suit or changed it for story reasons. Hopefully that trend continues

I think the tweeks they made just made it look better. That'll be way they changed it.

Ah, I personally liked the look of his MoS suit better. I liked the larger glyph and the oval "belt buckle" as opposed to the rectangular one. Also liked the lining design/pattern on the MoS suit better as well as the more compact solid cuffs on the wrists as opposed to having each row individually separated/spaced out as they do on the BvS one.

But that's just me. :)

The only reason right now I would possibly pick this Supes figure up is because I'm a stout Supes fan, so I'd want to collect all of the Supes.

That's because apparently it has a neoprene suit below the actual fabric, which is like wearing a scuba suit beneath which completely kills all the natural definition and bulk Cavill has, so they had to "bring back" his definition by putting fake muscles in specific areas on top of the neoprene suit.

Normal clothing doesn't show definition. Even body builders. The look super heroes are given in print and statues are beyond unrealistic. Clothing just doesn't conform to the body like that. They only way to get that muscle look in costume is to mold or sew it in.

As for why it's changed from film to film. Well the simple answer is merchandising. But it's other things. The suits always evolve due to input from the actor. What feels better and has better movement. Also what looks better and is easier to get on and off and repeat for scene after scene. For the mOS suit a lot of the extra pieces like gauntlets and what not where dropped for an integrated option. And to stream line the torso for looks.

Back