Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WW will probably steal the movie so HT needs to get this announcement out sooner than later!

It's not a given that it's going to be a huge money maker.

yes it is lol

will it be good, well that's another thing, but there is no doubt in anyones mind that this film is going to make buck.

yes it is lol

will it be good, well that's another thing, but there is no doubt in anyones mind that this film is going to make buck.
Not so fast. The budget was over $250mm. The last projections I saw indicated that WB thinks it will make less than $140mm in the US on opening weekend. You can't look to international sales either, as Terminator Genysis made a killing abroad, but because it underperformed in the US, the franchise is dead.

It will make $200 million opening weekend- that $140 million projection is a joke and designed to make the higher gross look that much more impressive

no way that HT wait for WW solo movie to put out a figure

For sure. Literately all the toy companies have, minimum, made Armoured Bats, Supes, regular Bats and WW.

Sidenote: I'm very glad there has been WW representation in the figures, in light of no one else doing it for their properties

*cough*disney*cough*marvel*cough*starwars*cough* dead

For sure. Literately all the toy companies have, minimum, made Armoured Bats, Supes, regular Bats and WW.

Sidenote: I'm very glad there has been WW representation in the figures, in light of no one else doing it for their properties

Yeah but to be fair the WW figures have still been 1 per case as the big toy companies are still going on the 1/4 the merch for "girl" toys. This has been going on since the 60's possibly longer, especially with Wonder Woman. I figured that would be a thing of the past by now, but alas here we are. Also, my wife is a HUGE WW collector so every time we hit the toy aisle at Target or what not I hear this rant all over again...

What women of Marvel and Star Wars are not getting representation? We've got multiple versions of Rey and Black Widow from every company, line and scale imaginable. Scarlet Witch hasn't had a ton of movie-based merch yet, but even she has a Marvel Legends figure and a new Hot Toys on the way, plus released Hot Toys, Minimates and Hasbro 4" figures. If Scarlet Witch is popular in the next few Marvel movies, she'll probably get some more figures too.

i hope this is a troll and you're not that stupid.

Black Widow figs weren't all that readily available. There were many articles talking about how she was replaced in toys based on specific scenes she was the star of. Like the motorcycle that drops from the Quinjet. That toy had Cap on the motorcycle.

What women of Marvel and Star Wars are not getting representation? We've got multiple versions of Rey and Black Widow from every company, line and scale imaginable. Scarlet Witch hasn't had a ton of movie-based merch yet, but even she has a Marvel Legends figure and a new Hot Toys on the way, plus released Hot Toys, Minimates and Hasbro 4" figures. If Scarlet Witch is popular in the next few Marvel movies, she'll probably get some more figures too.

I wouldn't say Marvel hadn't represented their female characters, but Rey did seem to get neglected in early figure release from TFA – the titan figures box-set springs to mind – all the main characters except Rey... I know female figures have not been great sellers historically, but Rey is pretty much the main character of the film.
Luckily Hot Toys sales for Black Widow buck the trend, so we will hopefully see WW previewed soon.

I wouldn't say Marvel hadn't represented their female characters, but Rey did seem to get neglected in early figure release from TFA – the titan figures box-set springs to mind – all the main characters except Rey... I know female figures have not been great sellers historically, but Rey is pretty much the main character of the film.
Luckily Hot Toys sales for Black Widow buck the trend, so we will hopefully see WW previewed soon.

If anyone hasn't read this, they should :wave:

Report: 'Star Wars' toymakers told to exclude Rey

That article has been debunked as a bunch of bullcrap based off of made-up lies. Disney did not discourage Rey merchandise being marketed, nor did any manufacturer leave Rey out of their official plans.

I'm inclined to believe you, but do you have a source for that?

That article has been debunked as a bunch of bullcrap based off of made-up lies. Disney did not discourage Rey merchandise being marketed, nor did any manufacturer leave Rey out of their official plans.

Yea, I find that article hard to believe considering Kathleen Kennedy and JJ Abrams focus to diversify the Star Wars universe. I find it ludicrous anyone at Disney would be surprised by Rey's popularity. She was clearly the main protagonist of the film, and put in a position to be a fan favorite.

Yea, I find that article hard to believe considering Kathleen Kennedy and JJ Abrams focus to diversify the Star Wars universe. I find it ludicrous anyone at Disney would be surprised by Rey's popularity. She was clearly the main protagonist of the film, and put in a position to be a fan favorite.

I don't think it's a directive of Disney - rather a toy manufacturers decision. I read an article ages ago about how female action figures were poor sellers, i'm talking the 4" Kenner-type action figure, that is predominantly... or used to be... male child dominated – and young boys didn't want to play with female figures, so rather than have loads of Leia's or Rey's on the shelf companies make few of them.
However, adult collectors want figures of all the characters male or female – as has been proven by Black Widow's popularity. So as a few on here have correctly pointed out, Rey wasn't ignored - but the figures of her tended to be aimed at the adult collector, rather than kids.

Back