Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll be waiting a while I think. MMS67 can be had for a good price these days and doesn't have the QC issues this one has.

I have been keeping my eye on the MMS67 for that reason. The lack of issues with the figure. Does it require any modding to make it look better?

Im glad I bought this figure when it was released because its rediculous on ebay now.

However, as DCT said, the cost is too high right now for me to drop on this. That's why I'm hoping for a new version that will be more economical up front. :lol

I have been keeping my eye on the MMS67 for that reason. The lack of issues with the figure. Does it require any modding to make it look better?

However, as DCT said, the cost is too high right now for me to drop on this. That's why I'm hoping for a new version that will be more economical up front. :lol

MMS67 with 2011 version Batman headsculpt is definitely the best combo.

Alright guys. For every one who has this bad boy in their collection, I've got a question. How the hell do you keep him clean?! He keeps getting dust and lint from the custom cape I have for him.

royal_soft_grip_lg_handle_bristle_fitch_artist_paint_brush-sg755-1inch.jpg

Soft.

It's good out of the box and I have mine completely stock. The only thing that bothers me a bit is the longish neck, but this is an issue with the BW Bats also. If I were to bother modding I'd go with the bang-for-buck options, first to last:

1. custom cape that drapes better. The stock cape ain't great on either figure. Doing this on the MMS67 figure though requires breaking the cape pegs and reaffixing them to the cowl.

2. glossy gauntlets.

3. BW Bats headsculpt. These can be pricey, typically over a hundred bucks.

But the MMS67 suit is good - no peeling issues as per BW Bats and doesn't attract dust as easily. No dodgy ankles as per BW Bats. I've seen these in the commerce section for around $250 give or take.

It's good out of the box and I have mine completely stock. The only thing that bothers me a bit is the longish neck, but this is an issue with the BW Bats also. If I were to bother modding I'd go with the bang-for-buck options, first to last:

1. custom cape that drapes better. The stock cape ain't great on either figure. Doing this on the MMS67 figure though requires breaking the cape pegs and reaffixing them to the cowl.

2. glossy gauntlets.

3. BW Bats headsculpt. These can be pricey, typically over a hundred bucks.

But the MMS67 suit is good - no peeling issues as per BW Bats and doesn't attract dust as easily. No dodgy ankles as per BW Bats. I've seen these in the commerce section for around $250 give or take.

I still prefer the overall look and finish of the TF vs the OC.

I guess the OC one looks more plastic? :dunno

Plus the takara gauntlets look better on the TF too.

Last edited:
I reworked by Begins Batman head.
Drilled inside the head and made it hollow.
Fill it with epoxy putty and tried to make it larger.
Not accurate but i like it better already. Also repainted the eyes.

P1040804.jpg

P1040805.jpg

P1040807.jpg

Just got this, a new piece. However the foot joint is too loose. It can't stand by itself without the stand. Am I the only one? Apart from this, one of the face's magnet is rusty. Well, I should be able to do something with this.

Just got this, a new piece. However the foot joint is too loose. It can't stand by itself without the stand. Am I the only one? Apart from this, one of the face's magnet is rusty. Well, I should be able to do something with this.

About 90% of the figures had broken feet. As long as you can't see the rust, (presumably it's on the inside of the plate), I don't really think it matters.

About 90% of the figures had broken feet. As long as you can't see the rust, (presumably it's on the inside of the plate), I don't really think it matters.

:horror I didn't know about this statistic. Any work around solution? I am thinking of stuffing something inside to support..

You're right on the magnet rust.. I haven't try putting on the cowl. Will do that.

Thanks for the infor.. :)

:horror I didn't know about this statistic. Any work around solution? I am thinking of stuffing something inside to support..

You're right on the magnet rust.. I haven't try putting on the cowl. Will do that.

Thanks for the infor.. :)

And that's not all either, if the feet were not broke, then the suit would peel. For such a great looking figure, it had tons of QC issues.

Also, beautiful pics elvis1976. Really shows how great a figure can look when posed right.

Elvis, looks like he has a lump on the right side of his head. Is it the camera angle?

Leafster, read back a few pages. You'll find your foot fix.

Thanks! :wink1:
I will look around or perhaps wait for DX12 to see if any will be floating around.

Damn.. I need a good looking cape.

Back